“Just a poorly located timeshare sales office”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #17 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is literally just a timeshare sales office. There is absolutely nothing nearby to do or see, even to get to the where the action is on the strip is quite a hike. They do not have a shuttle. There is a small "marketplace "on site and a bar by the pool was advertised but I don't think it was open while we were there. Despite 2 calls to the front desk we never did get internet service in our room. They did suggest we call their tech support but isn't that their job? If this is a sample of their timeshares we are very glad we don't own one.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank robert k
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback. There are several options when staying at our property for transportation, tram is avail just a few feet away, taxi and/or staying at one of our other properties on the strip that might be more convenient for what you are looking for. The marketplace is open 7 days a week, 7am-10pm, during heavy convention time we open at 6am. The reason for the help desk for the internet is so they can walk you through the problems you are having, might be a firewall, etc that they can assist you with in a timely manner. We also have a business center with computers free of charge.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

There are newer reviews for Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Is a little far away from the strip. Is a more family oriented not as crazy as the other hotels on the strip. The room I got was a little to small and it smelled, got a little stuffy also. The thermostat didn't work it will lock and wouldn't let me lower down the temperature. So the room got stuffy and smelly after a bit that I had to step out for a bit and open the door so it would vent a little. My keys didn't work the second night so I went down to front desk to see if I can get new ones.At front desk I was asked if I waived my keys properly at the door lock like if I was lying about the keys not working.The staff at the front desk talked to me like if I wasn't a valued guess. At the other Hilton's I stayed I will get a genuine smile with a "thank you for staying with us" .Here at checkout I asked for my receipt then I said thank you and I got a "your welcome "as she walked away like "here you go now get out" She didn't asked me "how was your stay?" "Was everything alright ?" Just like the staff at the other Hilton's would. The hotel looks nice and the pools was OK but the staff at front desk wasn't great with their attitude.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yael47

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that you didn’t have a good front desk experience or that your room was not comfortable. We have three room options, studio (which might be the room you were booked in), one bedroom suite (has a living room separated from the bedroom with a full kitchen/washer/dryer) or a 2 bedroom suite (which is both studio and one bedroom together). Our new key system is one of the most secure and efficient key/door combo out there, we don’t ever “assume” that our guest are lying, we simply ask how you used it because not many hotels have this system, I apologize if you took it that we thought you were lying, not the case. We hope you give us the opportunity to visit us or one of our sister properties in the near future again. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can make sure that your room is perfect for your needs.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel a bit away from the casinos and bars but monorail that runs up and down the strip is a 2 minute walk and is reasonably priced. We loved staying here for the great room and amenities in the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

HGVC Hilton is first class lodging and extremely convenient to the Las Vegas Convention Center. My 1BR suite was clean, comfortable, even luxurious, with a full kitchen, jacuzzi and everything I needed for work and relaxation. It's close proximity to two monorail stations provides easy access to all LV Strip destinations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The staff at this hotel is great, and the rooms are quite large, well furnished, and clean.

I had been to Vegas 5 or 6 previous times, and this was the first time I stayed off the strip. If you want to be near the strip, but not on the strip, this is a great place to stay. You can walk from the parking lot to your room in 30 seconds like a typical hotel outside of Vegas, without the 15 minute hike through the casino that the strip hotels requires.

There is no casino at this hotel. For me, this was a plus.

It is an easy 10 +/- walk to the convention center. My only complaint is that there really aren't many restaurants within easy walking distance, but it is easy enough to get a taxi.

Overall, I would stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to my non-party-animal friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TimMc15
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you are traveling with kids and don't want to be right on the strip or if you are going to be in Vegas for more than 1 week this is a great place to stay.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite (as opposed to a studio room) and the room was huge. Plenty big for a family of 4. The room featured a full sized kitchen and everything you need to cook a meal.
The front desk staff were friendly and professional.

The downside of this hotel is there is nowhere to eat within walking distance
The do have a pantry downstairs that sells the basics but the selection is not great
The gym was also a disappointment, for a hotel that sized they should have much more equipment.

Word of warning: you will be solicited by the Hilton Grand Vacation people about a time share, if you have time to kill, the time share sales pitch could be worth whatever you may comp'ed. But hold onto your wallet and DO NOT buy a Hilton Grand Vacation timeshare.

Room Tip: ask for a corner.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jimz12345
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you will be in Las Vegas and you are looking for a quiet hotel off the strip that is good for families, this is it. While the pool is on the small size, there is one and you don't have to worry about white t-shirt contests. The lobby is small and there is a convenience store that serves Starbucks on the first floor. The staff is very helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a 1 bedroom suite that had a kitchen so it would be great for a family of 4. This hotel is close to the monorail that you can take to the strip. This is the closest Hilton to the convention center. This is a nonsmoking hotel which we love and does not have a casino.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family