“Poor Value”

Cuisines: Seafood
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Poor Value”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

A co-worker told me about the HUGE lobster rolls last year and I finally got around to visiting Monstah Lobstah. We were the second patrons at 6:30. Maybe that's one reason our server was very attentive. We both had the U Conn Roll for $17.99. While the lobster meat was tasty and not dry or rubbery as in some reviews, the roll looked puny on the plate with a small side of crinkle cut fries or a generous side of coleslaw ("made fresh daily" according to our server). Looking back at the menu and after questioning our server, I see that what is on the roll is the meat from the tail and claws of a 1 1/4 pound lobster. Not much there---not worth the price. I left hungry and raided the fridge when I got home.

• Visited June 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm from the Boston”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I'm from the Boston area and was sooooo looking forward to eating here!!! What a major disappointment! The haddock and scallops (my favorites) were over cooked and lacked the flavor from any seafood restaurant anywhere in New England!!!! The scallops were grey, not white! My wife ate one scallop and WOULD NOT eat the other 5 or 6! It was hard to determine which were the scallops or the hush puppies. Ordering the cod at Long John Silvers is a better choice in my opinion!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Paul S
Vegas
“I (Won't) Be Baaack”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Monstah Lobstah is presumably geared to anyone who loves east coast seafood, which, in my case, equates to fried whole belly clams, lobstah (lobster) rolls, and fried scallops. In the case of whole belly clams, it is a craving a New Englander just has to satisfy, and Mostah Lobstah has the ingredients to do the job, but not the know-how.

At 6:00 last night I walked into a large, nearly empty (one other table) restaurant. There was no hostess, no wait staff. After about 5 minutes, out popped a waitress who told me to sit where I wanted. I told her what I wanted (fried whole belly clams) and a cola. When the dinner came out, it was nicely cooked, and was a generous portion (I ordered the large plate) however, the clams were drenched in oil. I used the roll of paper towel to sop up the excess. The bellies on the clams were quite small to non-existent, a problem when that is the point. (Like a margarita with out the tequilla.) More absent was the waitress. Until the time came to pay, I never saw her again. My drink was empty, and I was not offered a re-fill. I could see the waitress in a far off booth, but her back was to me the entire time.
Bottom Line: I won't be back, because the clams were greasy, lacked any real belly, and the staff was inattentive, and largely absent.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank VegasGypsyrover
Detroit, Michigan
“Inexpensive for lobster.......for a good reason”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I was super excited to go to this place. It seemed like a real hidden gem. I was so disappointed. I arrived around noon on a Sunday. The place was freezing cold to the point I had to wear my hoodie the entire time zipped up hood on. There was only one young woman there to take orders and the slowness got on my nerves quick. I ordered the peel and eat shrimp appetizer and the shrimp came out leuk warm and mushy. Like they had been force defrosed in a microwave. I also ordred the lobster roll. It too was terrible. The lobster meat had no flavor. While it's disappointing, it is true that you get what you pay for. I should have known this place would suck when the prices for "fresh live main lobster and new england seafood" were so reasonable in the Las Vegas desert!

• Visited November 2011