“The most amazing stay at the Sky Suites”
Review of ARIA Sky Suites

ARIA Sky Suites
Ranked #2 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“The most amazing stay at the Sky Suites”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Aria for an anniversary trip with my partner. At check in we were upgraded from a standard room to the sky suite for no extra charge for the week.
The room was amazing, with fantastic views of the strip (we were on the 37th floor) which was nice to wake up to. The in room technology was pretty cool, everything on a touchpad which was easy to use. My particular fvourite was the massive jzacuzzi bathtub! infact the bathroom and walk in closet were a dream. The bed is very comfortable and it was difficult to get out of it.
The staff couldn't be anymore helpful and lovely, I had arranged dinner at the SW Steakhouse and the coincerage couldn't be anymore helpful. The same was when we booked tickets for a show. The hotel itself is massive! there are many great restaurants, bars etc and I actually liked the casino. Overall, the Aria made our stay better then we could have imagined and I certainly be returning again!

Room Tip: If you stay in the Sky Suite make sure you take full advantage of the free beverages
5 Thank maxine m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Flight delayed but limo was still waiting. Check in was smooth. Arrived at room and electronic control panel wasn't working. We were promply moved to another room. Stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very nice. The bed was awesome, extremely confortable. Found all staff in the hotel and casino very friendly and polite. The only glitch was that the casino is lacking atmosphere. Found it dark and missing a fun atmosphere. Would recommend the sky suites but not the casino.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Oilersfan1
Sydney
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Started out well, when I was upgraded from a city view to the Sky Suites for no extra charge for 2 nights. No complaints here!
The suite was spacious, with impressive views, modern lighting and quiet for a good night's sleep in the bedroom. Could hear neighbours TV/music in the rest of the suite at times.
Wireless internet was good, stable and included in the price.
Gym was also included, and was well equipped and serviced.

So why withhold 2 stars?
When I was moved on the third night, after extending by a night, the desk at Sky Suites screwed up multiples times. Sky Suites gave me a key to a room that was occupied, she made a mistake. After walking back down with luggage, instead of noticing her mistake, she successfully made the key work in the occupied room. So second time around, I walked into someone's occupied room. LUCKILY the occupants weren't there at the time. Her manager said she should have been able to see that the room was occupied to start with. My hands and arms were tired from hauling my luggage up and down. The manager's pathetic attempt to placate me with a $50 hotel meal voucher added insult to injury.

Security staff at the Sky Suites lifts was not aware of the location of the star suits desk... how's this possible? Premium check-in front desk staff were unaware of free guest printing facilities from the Sky Suits desk.

Was given a smoking suite, and despite the Ozone machine that I was told was used while I was out, the apartment still stank. Fortunately the bedroom wasn't as badly affected. Was informed that despite tripadvisor's associated website booking allowing a choice of a 'non-smoking' suite, the hotel treats this as no more than a 'request'.
If you've not been to Vegas yet: all hotels allowing smoking in the common areas such as the Casino and lobby, as a non-smoker, I find this putrid and disgusting. I wish that the Aria would lead the way by joining the first world in the 21st century and ban smoking.

Minor point: my room was promoted as a 'penthouse suite', but was only on the 31st floor, with many many floors above me.

Room Tip: Don't get a balcony in Vegas, they're not worth it, unless you can see yourself sitting outs...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank calumc
Ontario
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Loved everything from the Limo ride to the turn down service. The halls and each room is decorated in such a way to invite quiet but luxury at the same time. We had a lovely view of the strip from the 32 floor and our suite was the first off the elevator, which worried me at first. I thought we might hear a lot of other guests...but no...not a sound.
My husband loves the heated toliet seat and I love the huge soaker tub.
Overall the 'suites' provide a nice get away from the rush and glitz of Las Vegas. I would recommend Sky Suites to any mature adult that likes Vegas but wants some peace and quiet as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helper_One
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We booked 2 rooms for my son's 21st birthday. In one room the electronic greeting worked (TV, lights on, curtains open) but the other didn't. No big deal, it was cool but didn't make or break the stay. Wireless worked sometimes but wired never did. We didn't bother to call because it wasn't a big deal to us. My husband uses a CPAP machine and there is no place to plug it in, plugs behind the bed. The staff brought us an extension cord. The rooms were clean except for the windows which were filthy dirty. We could barely see our "city view". Our reservation included 2 free buffet per room but somehow wasn't applied correctly requiring a trip back to the front desk. The buffet was great. I would pay full price for it. Except for one dealer, a front desk person and a taxi stand attendant everyone working here seems to hate their jobs. Very few smiles or warmth outside the standard script. My son really wanted to go to the nightclub but was intimidated by the line and attitude of the bouncers. Looked pretty much like if you didn't have a group of barely clothed women with you, you weren't getting in. The only other thing worth noting is that it was difficult to keep our room cool and the elevators and halls were roasting [--] hot. I would hate to stay here in the summer if it is this bad in February.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank RxTracy
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We recently had 2 nights stay at the Aria. We were comped to a Corner Suite upgrade. WOW! Such luxury I did not expect. Top technology mixed with comfort. I'll stay there any time.

3 Thank champatheart
Reviewed 24 February 2012

From the welcome at the door to check-in to the spacious suite and excellent housekeeping, we had an excellent experience all around! Breakfast and dining options were all excellent as well. Definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are probably the rational choice, although we were upgraded from that to a Crystals Su...