“A great room but facilities too expensive to use”
Review of ARIA Sky Suites

ARIA Sky Suites
Ranked #3 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“A great room but facilities too expensive to use”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I should preface this review by saying that I'm not a Vegas regular. This was my first time. This review might therefore be a little naive from the view of a Vegas veteran.

We stayed in this hotel while we were getting married in Vegas. Because of the situation we were upgraded from the standard Aria resort to the Aria Sky Suites.

The room was really quite impressive. We chose a city view which was great from the 38th floor. The bathroom was really well kept, clean and had everything we needed.

I don't know if it's a standard thing in Vegas but it's pretty lame to not include breakfast. All of the restaurants in the resort are so ridiculously overpriced that you have to venture out every day just to get breakfast.

As noted in other reviews the check in procedure seems to take an age due to too few staff on the desks. Check out was even worse. After checking out we were looking at the paperwork in a restaurant and realised we'd be charged in pounds. The paperwork said we had agreed to let them convert the bill from dollars to pounds (at a terrible exchange rate and with a 3% fee). We did not agree to this as we have credit cards that don't charge any fees and give us good rates. It look a lot of hassling at the desk to finally have some of the extra money we paid refunded.

There is a bit of strange schedule for room cleaning. At one point we came back to our room really tired at 10:30 at night and the maid was in there. We ended up just hanging around in the corridor for 15 minutes while they finished off.

It's personal preference but I really hated the bed. It was far too soft. I woke up with a terrible back ache every morning.

3 Thank Louisblack
ARIAResort, Director of Sky Suites Operations at ARIA Sky Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review. I am delighted our front desk was able to provide an upgrade for your special occasion and that you were impressed with your lovely guestroom accommodations. Our staff continuously looks for ways to make each of our guests’ stay more memorable and I am glad you were able to experience this first-hand.

I would also like to thank you for your patience during check-in and check-out, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with your guestroom billing statement and with the timeliness of your turndown service. I take all guest feedback seriously and I will be sure to share your review with our team to ensure that this does not reoccur.

Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ARIA Sky Suites in the future.

Kind regards,

Director of Sky Suites Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We decided to get married in Vegas and looked into the Aria's wedding packages. We absolutely loved it! Everything was included and all we had to do was have a great time! Thanks to all! We had a beautiful wedding, gorgeous flowers, music, dinner, gorgeous Sky Suite, wedding cake, photos, web based video for guests to watch...they even picked us up at the airport and took us to get our marriage license.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am elated to read you chose ARIA to celebrate your momentous occasion and that you had such a marvelous wedding ceremony. It is a pleasure knowing your entire experience was exceptional and I would like to congratulate you on your nuptials. Thank you for your glowing review and I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA Sky Suites in the future.

Astoria, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

It was our first stay in Vegas, and a travel writer friend recommended the Aria. It is in a great location--kind of in the middle of the strip. The staff was super friendly (I would go back just to have another conversation with Sheneka!) and knowledgeable...and even though we stumped one concierge, he quickly looked up some information and printed out directions. We were "upgraded" to the Sky Suites, but from photos and other descriptions, I think it was just a Standard room on a higher floor in the Sky Suites section-- no complaints about the view, but the word "suite" was a little misleading. I appreciated that the casino floor was significantly less smokey than other casinos, which made gambling more pleasant. The beds were comfortable, and controlling things with an iPad was fun. Our only issue was that the food at the Aria is very expensive. I'm a New Yorker, but even I thought a $5 cup of coffee is extreme! There aren't any lower-priced restaurants on the property. The Aria Cafe was the only place open when we arrived; the food was only ok but way too much, the decor was uninspired, and the service was not attentive. This is all surprising because the rest of the property is tastefully decorated, and the staff had been so nice. We ended up eating at other casinos most often...I don't know if we would stay here again because of the food cost situation. There wasn't even a usable refrigerator for leftovers.

Ironically, the movie LAST VEGAS was played on our flight home, and the Aria is shown prominently throughout the film. I found the Aria much more accessible and less snobby that it is depicted in the film. However the one thing that the film did get right was every staff member (besides at the Cafe) treated every customer with the upmost importance!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Phebe T
Dear Phebe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It pleases me to read you enjoyed the innovative Control 4 technology within your guestroom and the modern décor of our resort. I am also delighted you had the opportunity to watch Last Vegas on your flight home. Your confirmation of the unsurpassed service provided by so many members our staff, including our Concierge and Sheneka of our front desk, is much appreciated.

Additionally, I would like thank you for your comments regarding ARIA Café. Please know your feedback is very valuable and helps to improve our services. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

NJ
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I can't really say anything negative about Aria. They always do an excellent job. The hotel has a simple layout and i really like the upgrades they give me to the sky suites section. i don't like the regular rooms but since I have stayed at Aria a lot they have started upgrading me to the skysuites section of the hotel which is just awesome. I love the separate entrance and restaurants right outside the rooms. The best part of this hotel s the gym. It's the best i've ever seen at a hotel. It still lacks real bodybuilder equipment like a power rack and a bench but it's a very nice and clean and has a lot of other equipment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for selecting ARIA Sky Suites and for letting others know you enjoy our secluded lounge, luxurious suites, and delectable restaurants. It is also a pleasure knowing you are impressed with our expansive fitness center, and please know that your comments regarding additional equipment are well noted. I am glad you had a wonderful stay and I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Seattle
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were recently upgraded to 1 bedroom Sky Suite for a 3 night stay. Previously we have stayed at Aria, in the standard/deluxe rooms. The Suite experience is amazing. It's standard room X 2, but feels much larger. Hopefully, we can get this again when we go back in July.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Director of Sky Suites Operations at ARIA Sky Suites, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your kind remarks. I am pleased you had a wonderful time at ARIA Sky Suites and that you were impressed with your one-bedroom suite accommodations. It is always exciting to read positive feedback from our guests’ as it lets me know we are holding true to our philosophy of providing extraordinary guest experiences. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest regards,

Ripon, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The only place to stay in Las Vegas. The view was outstanding. Staff was very courteous. Rooms were very clean. You can't get it any better than this. You are in the heart of Las Vegas strip. You can walk to the mall and not be tired.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
ARIAResort, Director of Sky Suites Operations at ARIA Sky Suites, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at ARIA Sky Suites. I am also pleased to hear your enthusiasm regarding your suite accommodations with amazing views; as well as the stellar service you experienced. Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to your return.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Much more then expected!
Super clean and beautifully run. Very accommodating and extremely please with the in house restaurants.
A place you would return to again and again. Very convienent to attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
ARIAResort, Director of Sky Suites Operations at ARIA Sky Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Debby,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am delighted to know you had an amazing stay and appreciated the many attributes that make up ARIA, such as our delectable restaurants. Our goal is to create the single most significant resort experience in the world and I am glad we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA Sky Suites in the future.

Warmest regards,