“Ground floor only”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ground floor only”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Only spent time on ground floor very interesting spent a couple of hours wandering shopping okay, not great for older people, young ones would enjoy it. Didn't stay at hotel so can't comment on that part.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gaye L

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What a lame hotel”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a over priced hotel with the rooms just on the edge of needing some work...one phone did not work; the other phone only worked on speaker.

The non-paying exercise room was so tight and small that if I moved 6 inches left or right I would have bumped into someone.

We were there for a conference and I saw out of our window the pool party area -- I saw they had a Weds night party till 3 am and was worried about the noise and sleep. When I called the front desk, I was assured there would be no pool party that night.

And the there was. Even on the 14 floor it was a pounding sound that kept us awake. Nice! Not.

Perhaps this is going too far, but we thought it was macabre that the "We're resting," card on the door for the cleaning staff had a picture of Michael Jackson, who died of using a drug to help him sleep. Someone needs to connect these dots.

Visited April 2014
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A little disappointed!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I did not like the bathrooms at all. The rest of the room was okay. Not worth the price that was paid. The view was nice. The workout room is good with a variety of machine choices. The pool is fun.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Too big and too noisy!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Mandalay is big, loud and crowded with Ultimate Fight fans. Not my cup of tea at all. The front desk people are efficient and polite. The server we had for lunch acted like we were bothering him. You have to stand in line for everything. The pool area is huge, more like a water park for kids and drinkers. Great place for families and the 20 and 30 set. I prefer a more personal and intimate hotel experience. So many hotels in Vegas think bigger is better and Mandalay is just another one of them.

Reedsburg, Wisconsin
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Small compared to others”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a small shopping area compared to others. It does have a few unique stores such as one that has clothes and towels made from bamboo. There are several places to eat and get a drink as well. Not a bad little shopping area just not as grand as others you will find, that in of itself is not a bad thing.

If looking for a place to eat, check out my review of The Burger Bar.

I have seen complaints that all the restaurants are the same but with a different theme, I would disagree with that. Both of the places I went into were completely different.

Visited January 2014