My husband and I are Wyndham owners but we do not own at Grand Desert.
This was our first visit to the Grand Desert with our two young sons (ages 10 and 6). We checked in late at night and check in was speedy. Our room was in Tower 3, a very short walk from the main lobby in Tower 2. Our room was very lovely and clean and a welcomed site after a long day of travelling.
We did attend the "owners' update" breakfast one morning. Yes, they do try to sell you more points but the rep we met with was great. I learned more about my ownership with Wyndham in the 2 hours we were with him than I did over the years I've owned with Wyndham. At the end of 2 hours, I explained that we just could not financially swing the additional points purchase and Justin, our rep, was very understanding and very polite about turning down his offer. I was expecting an attitude from him but we never got it. He was extremely professional the whole time. We received our two $25 restaurant vouchers and were on our way. We used the vouchers at the buffet at Harras and only had to pay in $6 (family of 4 came to $56 for lunch). So I was glad I did get the vouchers.
My only complaint about the resort had to do with the hot tubs by the pools. The pool by Tower 3 is 24 hours. The water was not warm and the resort seems to be quite windy (how weird is that). So it felt too cool to swim there. The hot tub by that pool was closed all week for maintenance but I never saw anyone working on it. There are two hot tubs by the main pool and one of them had a lot of dirt in it the whole week so I know nobody was cleaning it. Also the jets in that tub didn't seem to work. That means there was only 1 properly working and clean hot tub by the pools accessable to families. The pool water itself was cooler than I would have liked but I'm guessing as time goes by and the weather heats up, the pools will warm up.
I did sleep pretty well at night. The beds are very comfy but I still woke up with a stiff back. I really like the fact that the resort is not on the strip. I don't really care for the party atmosphere at the strip hotels nor the crowds. Wyndham offers a free shuttle from the resort to Harrah's which we used several times.
The full working kitchen in our unit (2 bedroom deluxe) makes it easy to prepare meals so it helped save us $$. The jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom is great on the back, legs and feet after a long day of walking.
I highly recommend Wyndham Grand Desert for everyone but most especially for families with small children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert
- Wyndham Grand Desert Las Vegas