“Great family place to stay in Vegas.”

Wyndham Grand Desert
Ranked #31 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We loved staying here on our most recent trip to Vegas. When it's just Hubby and I we stay on the strip but we didn't want to do that with our kids along, plus I wanted a kitchen to have the option of eating in. We used Wyndham points to get a beautiful 2 bedroom suite, 2 baths and a kitchen. It was lovely. We looked out onto the pool area, which the kids used despite the chilly weather! We were still close enough that we could walk to the strip, the hotel is easy to get and out of, they have a games room (again, the kids made use of this to rent free movies and play video games) and we really appreciated having the room to stretch out and relax. We ate breakfast and a few dinners in the suite so we saved some money there. as well. Oh, a bonus is that the beds are VERY comfy!!
Over all we were extremely happy with our stay at the Grand Desert and will stay there again when we take our kids back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Brejaxmum
Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I would defently recommened this hotel. Very clean, roomy , and EVERYONE was so friendly especally the bell hops, and security guards. ! :) I had a great stay , and hope to return some day !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank AAM17
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert with my family because my mother has a timeshare with Wyndham. I've stayed here multiple times, without any complaints and usually enjoy my stay. The Grand Desert Resort is a nice place for families to stay in Vegas, away from the hustle and bustle of The Strip, but just a 10 minute walk or 5 min shuttle to the main attractions.

Check-in was no problem, it was quick and easy and our guests who arrived before us were able to check in without the vacation owner being present. That being said, the last time we stayed here there was a little mix up with our room...our guests who checked in before us went up to our assigned room to find a room that was a sweltering 80 degrees. This is at 9pm. When our party arrived later around 11pm, the thermostat still read 80 degrees, so we called a technician to come and take a look. Within 15 minutes or so, two men came to look at what was wrong, and promptly told us that the A/C would need to be serviced and we would be moving to another room shortly. After thanking them, we proceeded to wait for a bellhop to come with new keys and a luggage cart to escort us to a new room. There we waited for over an hour in the hot room, until finally we heard a knock which was the bellhop. We were then escorted to our room, and after a little complaining from my mother the vacation owner, the bellhop promised to return to our room with complimentary champagne and chocolate as a means of apologizing for the inconvenience.

My girlfriend and I had gone down to the pool for a bit and decided to go back to the room to shower and freshen up. Since we had our do not disturb sign on the door, we got skipped when housekeeping came along in the morning, so I made a call down to front desk to have someone come and replenish our shampoo/conditioner/lotion etc., supply. There we sat, in our wet bikinis, thinking that there would be someone knocking on the door any minute with our requested items...this also took over an hour. We called down to front desk to make sure that they didn't forget about us, and were assured that someone would be there soon. Finally someone came with a timid knock and brought handfuls of wonderful soap and cleaning things. For them taking so long in the actual delivery of the goods, they are certainly quick in customer service response because not 5 minutes after we got our toiletries, we got a call from front desk confirming that we had received our requested items.

Other than those two incidents, our stay here was great and we enjoyed the quiet facilities. Rooms are clean and very spacious compared to what you'd get on the strip for the same price, if not more. What I love about it is that each room has a fully equipped kitchen and a full size refrigerator, so if you want to bring your own food and cook you can without having to bring all your pots and pans and plates and such. Its nice because you don't walk into the hotel or any of the rooms with that stale old smoke smell, since it is a smoke free resort. The furnishings are a little outdated, but everything is still very nice and clean and well-kept. They even have True Blue Spa toiletries in all the bathrooms which is definitely a plus. The resort did have a full gym, which I will probably try to take advantage of next time I stay. Overall I would definitely stay here again, but be warned that service may be a little slow.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Thaibunny
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This is a timeshare hotel and the rooms are huge and fully stocked. They were amazingly clean and just blocks off the strip. They had several pools, one for just adults and one for families. It soirée everyone's needs. I was so impressed!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Vkboles
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This is our 3rd time here. Great place if you want off the strip. Rooms are exceptional and staff is fantastic. Free shuttle service to the strip if you want. Planned activities for patrons who want to stick around. Full service rooms with washer and dryer, dishwasher, kitchen, seperate bedroom. All the comforts of home. We love staying here when we go to Las Vegas and will continue to do so. Walk to Hard Rock Cafe just across and down the street. I know there is always something better somewhere in the world so that is why I do not believe in giving anything a perfect "5" but for me, this is well over 4.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Bob1O
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was our third trip to the Wyndham Grand Desert and we can't wait to go back. We had a one bedroom unit with a full kitchen, dining and living room. Our one week vacation was terriffic.

Room Tip: Request a one bedroom with a full kitchen
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ira34473
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We visited Las Vegas over Valentines day for the annual USA 7's Rugby Tournament. We stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert as I own timeshare through Wyndham. We rented a car and I'm glad we did- Wyndham is off of the strip not far from the Hard Rock. We found it easy to navigate to all the places we wanted to go. Each hotel offers parking for free so we took advantage of it. The unit was very nice, well equipped and comfortable. Wyndham has the most comfortable beds! Everyone was very friendly at the resort and willing to help us if we needed directions or had any questions. We attended a timeshare "update" which seemed to drag on but since I'm already an owner it wasn't pressured. We did receive a $50 credit for a restaurant. We went to Mesa Grill in Cesar's on Valentines- it was excellent. It is pricey but worth the splurge for a special occasion! We used the hot tub and the pool at the resort- both were very clean and nice. We were able to get free WI-FI in our room - we just called the front desk and asked if we could get a complementary code to use while we were staying there. All we had to do was ask and we didn't have to pay the $30ish charge for it. Would stay there again- and recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple