“QUIET ESCAPE FROM THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE”

Wyndham Grand Desert
Ranked #27 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Best things about resort:
The staffs were polite, curtious and friendly. The grounds and facilities were kept clean and orderly. I was asked to attend the presentation but could not make it due to our busy activities and nobody really bothered us to reschedule. The resort is a walking distance from the strip and far away enough that if and when you are tired of the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas strip, it is nice to know that you could unwind in your nice quiet resort. Unlike when you stay in a hotel, you always have to put up with the crowd.

Best attractions or restaurants nearby:
I found the food in the strips and hotel pricey. I guess you can't expect nothing else from a tourist spot. The seafood buffet at the RIO is pretty good, for $40.00 per head and a lot of selection, you cannot go wrong. The buffet at MGM Grand is pretty good as well. Here is the thing that I found out about the buffet at MGM, you can pay once and you can come back again for the rest of the day. Something I guess they do not advertice loudly.

Overall Review:
At the beginning after trading to Wyndam Grand Desert, I thought I might have made a mistake. The person I spoke to over the phone to confirm my stay and posted my question wasn't very friendly. But after finally making it there, I was surprisingly amaze on how curtious and friendly the staffs were at the facilities and front desks. Although I still would have preferred to have gotten a 2 bedroom units, the units I had did sufficed.
I did not get a chance to visit the other 2 towers because of our scheduled but we did managed to enjoy the building we were at (tower #3). The amenities weren't as big as it should bel but then again, there isn't as many people using them.
Again, the resort is quiet, pieceful and attractive. I definitely would recommend this resort to anybody visiting Las Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our six children and had a great stay. When we checked in we were origianally given a one bedroom room which seemed nice but with eight total people just wouldn't cut the mustard. The staff was quick to rectify the problem and get us into our plus sized accomidations (with a "sorry for the mix up" box of chocolates which our children quickly devoured). They were kind and professional and even friendly with my travel worn youngsters.

The room was wonderful. The large living room window looked out on a beautiful view of the city which was especially nice at night. The master bedroom was spacious and the gigantic jetted tub made for a great escape once the children were in bed.

One of my favorite features was that the dining area featured a booth style bench on two sides of the table making it possible for all eight of us to eat at the table rather than having to stash some poor child out of reach at the bar (which was still great to have for coloring and snacks and stuff).

The staff was also quick to help when we needed it. We trundled to the main pool area only to find that the biggest family pool (there is also an adults only pool) was not heated so it was a little bit chilly for us. She staff apologized and quickly shuttled us through a gate toward the second building which did feature a heated pool (we would never have known it was even there). Another time when we had a little one who really need to go potty a staff member noticed our problem and without being asked guided us to a nearby bathroom which we probably wouldn't have seen on our own. They were very helpful and friendly.

The resort is a short walk from the strip, but we didn't really spend much time there anyway (other than the Belagio water show we pretty much kept our little ones away). The resort did offer free shuttles to local attractions, but we schleped around on foot or in our Suburban (large family, remember) instead.

Speaking of the Suburban, that was one difficulty. The parking was a bit sparse and a little tight for our bonus sized vehicle, but nothing we couldn't get around.

All in all this was a beautiful resort in a fabulous location and we had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had a few months left to decide on whether to book a hotel or go for a vacation rental after we registered in a Golf Conference and Show that was held at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

After doing my usual internet research, I came across the Wyndham Grand Dessert due to it's proximity to the Convention Center and The Strip. After a few email exchanges with the Rental Consultant ( who I can recommend privately), we decided to book a 2 Bedroom Deluxe unit.

It was a long haul trip for us and we were all looking forward to a cozy place to acclimatize before we get down to business. And I can say is that the 12 hour flight was all worth it when we arrived at Wyndham Grand Dessert.

From the appearance of the building, the ease at registration and most of all the room itself. We were amazed at how it made us feel so much at home and more! And to think that I was a bit apprehensive when we were told that our unit is at Tower 3.

Every question regarding the place that I had earlier were answered upon seeing the place up close.

The unit had everything that made our 7 day stay very comfortable. I'd say the only thing missing was the guard dog. But I think the facility's security was able to handle that when the younger guests across our unit were making a ruckus probably from a late night trip down the Strip.

The proximity of the place was also a big plus. Less than 10 minutes away from the Convention Center, the Strip and the airport. Parking was free and ample. Free wi-fi kept us in touch with work and family. Although I must admit the connection was a lot faster in the ground floor Business Center of the building.

I don't gamble and I don't drink. But our stay here will definitely make me want to come back to Las Vegas when the opportunity arises. Oh did I mention the "we" during this stay was my boss and his wife? They of course got the spacious master's bedroom *wink*

Keep it up Wyndham Grand Dessert!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Through a friend who owns, my group was able to stay at the Wyndham Grand Desert in Las Vegas. It was awesome. The room (2 bedroom Presidential) was immaculate, the beds were comfortable, and we had no problems other than a non-working icemaker (They offered to send up ice from room service).

I wish that we had taken advantage of the pool areas more, but we were out and about on the strip most of the time.

The staff was friendly and helpful when we called and asked questions, and resolved the ice issue quickly. The free shuttle was great -- my only wish is that it ran a little longer. I would definitely stay here in the future. An excellent experience.

Room Tip: Even if you stay out late, take the shuttle from the resort to Harrah's. A cab ride back from th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Wyndham Grand Desert Resort is a fairly nice hotel. Clean and well kept hotel. We came on Spring Break to Las Vegas through an El Cid Exchange with RCI. My parents had never come so it was an opportunity for them to see the sights and lights of Las Vegas. Yes, the hotel's proximity to the strip is close and the shuttle from the hotel is a awesome feature but let me tell you of the additional aspects that the hotel nor other sites tell you.
1. The hotel does not provide daily maid service. It will clean your room at a cost of $70 for surface cleaning or $100 for a more detail clean.
2. The shuttle which begin at 9:30 a.m. has a last shuttle at 10:00 p.m. and only leaves you at the Harrah's casino.
3. Want to go to the grocery store to stock the room fridge, it will cost you $4.00.
4. The staff is friendly as they are checking you in or greeting you on the property but call enough times to get clean towels, additional soap or toliet paper and their tone changes.

It is so unfortunate that as El Cid Vacation Club owners we were not given the same type of service that we are accustom to at an El Cid Resort. The Wyndham Grand Desert is a nice hotel and for the price had all the amenities we need however, after paying monthly maintance fees we expected not to have to ask for more toliet paper.

Room Tip: Tower III is the first stop for shuttle to pick up and drop off. Private enclosed pool at this Towe...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank HuaracheRotos
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We are Wyndham owners, and only have stayed at 1 other property, which was an older one and was Good but not Great. However, THIS property is very very nice. I would love to say there was something to complain about, but after 7 nights.....the stay was darn near perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spotless, and had updated decor. The bed was comfortable. Parking was easy. The pools and hot tubs were very nice. The view from the room, OMG, it's actually almost BETTER than being on the strip. Being 2 blocks away, you can see the whooooole strip like a panoramic view out your window. You couldn't get this view if you were on the strip, you'd just see the building or two immediately next to you. The view from our room was as good as it gets. Everything was wonderful. I would go back.

Room Tip: Call ahead the week leading up to your checkin and request a high floor strip view room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RockyP95
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We bid and won an auction on skyauction, wonderful location, very upscale room. Had washer/dryer, dishwasher, stove, fridge, microwave. Great deal!!

• Stayed: March 2012