“Wonderful week in a warm October”

Wyndham Grand Desert
Ranked #29 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Wonderful week in October.
I was hoping the Westin Grand Desert would be a good experience and it exceeded my expectations. The checking went smooth ly and the desk asked me where I would like my 2 bed from suite. I picked out a room and they assigned it to me. We over looked the adult pool, s we had no airport noise. At checking the did the standard time share dance... Go to that desk over there to get your parking pass. Really sweet young woman, offered us wine to be sent to our room for our anniversary...still waiting for the wine, probably because I mentioned I was a TUG member. That stopped her pitch in a heart beat. The room was excellent, beds were comfortable, pool was 83 degrees, no kids at the kids pool which gets the morning sun until 2PM when you need to move to the adult pool to get the afternoon sun. I own a marriott time share and have stayed at the Vegas location about a block away. I think I'll stay at the Weston in the future if only for the better pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike C
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi Mike,

Thank you for providing this feedback. We will share this information with our staff. It’s great to hear you chose to stay with us for your anniversary. We are so glad you enjoyed the unit accommodations and resort pool.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was my 17th trip to Vegas. Yes, I know. We've always stayed on the strip but we got a good deal on ebay to stay at the Wyndam from another time share owner. We didn't have to do a time share presentation or anything. We always rent a car so that wasn't a big deal. They do offer shuttle to the strip for free but it ends at 10 and we always stay out past that. It was such a strange feeling to be able to park outside your hotel room and walk straight to your room in less than 2 minutes. It was a nice change and I loved it. There was no noise from the other neighbors like you experience on the strip. It's like having your own apartment. We stopped at Von's before we checked in and picked up drinks, snacks and breakfast food for the room. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Keep in mind that you do not get daily housekeeping. I was fine with this, but some people may not be. The pool at the resort was nice too. A good change from the crowded strip hotels. Overall, great stay for a great price!!!

Room Tip: None of them look out to the strip. Tower III seemed to be the quietest becuase it's away from...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for providing this feedback along with some helpful tips for future guests. We will share this information with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the resort location and amenities made available to our guests. We hope you come back to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

What a joke this place is. You would expect much more from a Wyndham resort. Upon checking in we found dishwasher racks unable to extend, mysterious brown substance on one of the kitchen chairs. The furniture appears old and worn. For two days we complained about non existent wi-fi in our unit. For two days we were virtually ignored. Finally a manager (JJ) decided to move us to another unit. I am writing this in the hallway because we still cannot get decent reception in our room. Believe me, there are many more lodging options in Las Vegas and I certainly would try many of them before I would return to this sub par place again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Skig8r
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I booked a vacation here for myself and my family.. The check in went fine, we were able to store our bags until our suite was ready for us.. After check in, however, I was directed to a desk and offered a free breakfast the next AM for myself and my family, which would also include a $125 CC after the meal was complete.. Sounded too good to be true, and after I signed up for it, I realized it was for a timeshare presentation.. I already have a timeshare through Grandview, so really was not interested, but figured what the heck, free breakfast and $125, can't go wrong.. My family and I proceeded to Walmart (within 2-3 miles) to get groceries, etc, and the bellhop brought us our luggage when we got back.. The presentation the next AM was a very pushy sell, the breakfast was lousy, and the plates for my children cost $7 each (not worth it!)..
The suite was nice, we were in room 778 tower 2, facing the strip.. My only complaints with the suite was a loud air conditioner outside master bedroom, and the noise from the outside was loud (police/EMS sirens).. The outside/hall door needed an extra push to completely close and latch as well.. The pools were nice, kept clean, and not too many people there in the evenings.. The arcade is ok, but could be updated.. We did not use the exercised rooms.. Underground parking available.. The shuttle was easy for us as well.. Staff, other than sales people, were friendly and eager to help too.. Little to no cupboard room for groceries, so what we bought had to sit out on the countertops.. Furniture has some wear, but tower 1 was recently updated from what I heard during check in..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie D
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hi Leslie,

We apologize for any negative encounters you experienced during the morning presentation. We understand that it is important to feel comfortable during vacation. Thank you for providing the feedback regarding the unit concerns including update suggestions. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your time dealing with loud noises from the air conditioning unit and outside. Our property is always looking for ways to improve and your feedback will help us to do so. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here recently and what a disappointment. The place is off the strip, but manageable for what you are paying. The biggest problem with this place is that they charge you for all hidden fees and customer service is awful! I would never recommend this place to anyone and will never stay here again!

Cons:
Hidden fees - want to check in late you'll pay for it, what housekeeping you'll pay for it, and so on - get the point now?
Outdated bathrooms - water drips out of the showerhead
Beds are not comfy at all
Food is gross yet still overpriced. It’s hard for a place to justify overpriced food and services when the quality is not there
Staff is cold – not friendly and will actually argue with you!

Pros:
You're in Vegas.....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank JTM9
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a great hotel off the strip. The rooms are sound proof, it almost felt like there was nobody else staying at the hotel. There is an adults only pool that was nice to relax in. It was so great to have a real kitchen for some of our meals. Loved this place and would stay here again and again. I would bring my own pillows for next time. Theirs were too giant and overstuffed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Utahgirl75
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the unit accommodations and adult pool. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This si a great place to stay if you want to visit the strip, but retreat to quiet and comfort. The hotel offers a shuttle to the strip, you can also catch a short cab trip. One day we walked to the strip from the hotel. It was a nice long walk lol. The rooms are great and very clean. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have slept in during a stay at a hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vanessa B
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the resort accommodations and location. We look forward to your next stay!