I had originally requested a high floor in tower three due to reviews i had read but when we arrived we were told we could have a room there as requested but we were early for check in as it was not ready. The receptionist then proceeded to tell us the amenities in each tower and suggested tower one (above reception) on the 6th floor as that was available straight away. We took this room and have a view of the pool and we had no noise problems apart from the first night where we heard a leaf blower being used near the pool.
The hotel was in a great location as you were just off the strip meaning it was quiet but only a 10 minute walk to the strip or the local convenience store.
The free shuttle bus to Harrahs was invaluable and saved us so much money on taxi, the drivers were really polite and informative.
The 2 bedroom suite was fantastic and had lots of spare pillows and a great big master bedroom/ensuite. The second bedroom had twin beds and there was also a double pull out sofa bed.
The 2 times we had a problem with the safe a member of staff attended within 10mins to fix. Also the carpets were cleaned weekly and hotel kept clean. Great pizzas on site and free pool towels. Would definitely recommend
The only negative I could find as a Brit was the lack of electric kettle for my tea! Bring a travel kettle as I had to heat hot water in a coffee perculator.
Also I would like to say that we never had anyone try and sell us a time share, I had been quite wary of this from reviews I had read, but we were given our welcome packs without having to attend meetings.
I will definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert
- Wyndham Grand Desert Las Vegas