My family and I just returned from staying at this hotel and overall we had a nice time. We arrived very late on the day we checked in and the check-in was quick and painless. They told us we could come back for our welcome packet the next day since it was so late. We got up early the next morning because we were told there was shuttle that runs to the grocery store everyday (so you can stock up your kitchen). However what everyone failed to mention is that you have to sign up the night before and the shuttle leaves at 8am. We planned to go the next day and as luck would have it, that was the one day the shuttle doesn't go to the store. Needless to say, we never made it to the grocery store. There is a shuttle the runs from the hotel to the strip and it lets you off at Harrah's. Be sure to walk through the casino to get to the strip. I asked a police officer how to get to the Paris hotel and he directed me down a back alley. It worked, however I wouldn't have told a young woman by herself at the time to walk down a back alley. The hotel doesn't offer any room service and the food on-site is overpriced (as is most of the food in vegas). There is a decent gym facility and the pools looked very nice though we never had a chance to try them out.
The rooms are very clean and nice. We had a jacuzzi tub with jets and it was very relaxing. There isn't any room service and you have to call for extra linens as you need them. There IS a washer/dryer in the units which is great if you have kids and they supply you with some detergent.
This is a nice place to stay if you have kids or would like to save some money by cooking some meals for yourself and don't want to stay directly on the strip If we were to stay here again, we would rent a car to get around to the store and some of the restaurants off the strip a little easier. Also be sure to ask what things need to be reserved ahead of time or signed up for in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert
- Wyndham Grand Desert Las Vegas