2,481 results
All reviewstime sharefull kitchenfree shuttlebedroom deluxeparking passadult pooloff the stripfamily poolwasher and dryersales pitchactivity centerthree bedroomtimeshare presentationtimeshare resortpools and hot tubsshuttle servicemain tower
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Orbitz Travel Agency (TA) notified me on 11/2/17 as I was boarding the aircraft to Las Vegas that my reservation for 11/2-6/17 was just canceled by the Wyndham Grand Desert due to a pipe problem with no other rooms available, so I was out the room. I called my original booking agent Cheaptickets, to find out if that was true, since I didn’t book through Orbitz. I was referred to Expedia by Cheaptickets! The Expedia TA was able to rebook for the same price in the Marriott Grand Chateau. But not until I had landed in Las Vegas, had been up for 22 hours and had to stay on the phone with her (which I couldn’t do on the flight!). How exhausting, frightening and disappointing to be alone in a strange city with no hotel reservation – to spend all six hours on the plane wondering where I would end up (sleeping in the airport until I could get my bearings?). I wanted to get to the bottom of it, so I called the Wyndham directly and asked if they had pipe problems and was told no. Then I asked why did they cancel my booking and they said they didn't cancel, the TA did and they referred me back to Expedia. I called my TA again and an Agent gave me the name.of the person at the Wyndham who canceled: Meaghan. Now that the glow from my vacation at the wonderful (kudos!) Marriott Grand Chateau is over, I needed to get to the truth about what really happened. So today I spoke with Asst Mgr Dave at the Wyndham. He said Meaghan is the Wyndham’s "Extra Holidays" package person. She works with third party agents (like my TA at Expedia). Wyndham had overbooked 100 reservations of which mine was one, had a glitch in the system and had to relocate those people. One major thing to learn here. If you use a third party booking TA (like Expedia, CheapTickets, Orbitz, etc.) you will be the first to be canceled if the Wyndham overbooks, per Dave. Dave claimed there was never a pipe problem, the glitch was due to a booking new system, but I notice now from some 2015 TripAdvisor negative reviews that this is not an unusual process of overbooking. Dave even admitted that “that is where we find rooms for overbooked persons (at the Marriott Grand Chateau).” I still don't know whose lie the “pipe problem” was, but I'm through with Orbiz, Cheaptickets and Expedia. And I'm through with the Wyndham Grand Desert. If I could rate all four of these entities minus stars I would. And one more thing: next time I read reviews on Trip Advisor, I will be scouring the worst reviews as well as the best. Forewarned is forearmed.
Jo A. Bronx, NY

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank miamia1234
Robert S, Assistant General Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hi Miamia1234,

Thank you for your feedback about the booking process. I apologize that your reservation was relocated to another property due to a computer glitch. I can only imagine the confusion and frustration that you went through. On another note, I do hope that your stay in Vegas was a good one.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I was a little nervous to stay off the strip but this hotel was wonderful. There was a shuttle that ran every 15 min or so that took you to the strip, but it was also a pleasant walk depending on which way you were heading, we did a little of both. The pool was beautiful but as with all Wyndham resorts that are time share RUN the other direction from the sales staff. When we checked in the asked about attending the meeting. We are already owners and were there to celebrate a special occasion with family we haven't seen in 2 years. I expressed that my time with my family was more valuable than any "gift" they wanted to give us. So they brought over another person to convince me. When I politely declined they brought the 3rd person over. Ok enough already!! I very flatly told them no, but they continue to pressure. This drives me crazy!! I already bought, I have no intention of purchasing any more let me enjoy my hard earned vacation in peace!!!!!!! I would have given them a better rating if it wasnt for the sales people. BACK OFF!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy J
Robert S, Assistant General Manager at Wyndham Grand Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Hi Amy,

Thank you for staying at the Wyndham Grand Desert. We appreciate your feedback and I have gone ahead and forwarded your response to our sales department to review. I apologize for the experience you encountered and do hope the rest of your time at the property was amazing.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We selected this property based on its location close to the middle of the Strip. The lobby, pool and common areas are excellent. We had a 2 bedroom unit that was perfectly clean and very roomy. While not palatial, the rooms are decorated nicely. The concierge services and the free shuttle to the strip are definite pluses. I would easily recommend this property.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin V

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for staying with us! Appreciate your recommendations and feedback about the property!

We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is a very clean and safe property which we have used several times for our family vacations. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite complete with Kitchen, Dining and Living Room areas. The bedrooms were very comfortable. There were 2 bathrooms with at Jacuzzi in the Master.

Room Tip: Very spacious and close enough to walk to the Strip.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hi Neildvep,

Thank you for continuing to return to the Wyndham Grand Desert. We love to hear when guests do return to stay and in your case, it has been several times. It is honestly great to hear that we are doing positive things on property!

See you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Wyndham grand desert in October and the weather was perfect. The staff at Wyndham were very nice and helpful. When I called the front desk for extra shampoo or ice, someone was up to my room within 5 minutes! Great service.
The pools(3) were nice and there is a pool for whatever your looking to do. Kids pool area for the family and an adult only pool if your trying to relax in peace. My building #3 had the 24 hour pool and hot tub and it came in handy a few times and was a great amenity.
This resort is 7 minute drive to the strip and even proves a shuttle service throughout the day. I would recommend this resort if your trying to be close enough to the strip to enjoy the activities but far enough away where the foot traffic and tourism isn't over powering your hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric B

Hi Eric,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate you sharing your experience you had on our property. We are delighted to hear that our staff was extremely helpful and nice.
Please return and look forward to meeting you!