Stayed here for a week in May and have to say it was a quiet oasis in the heart of wild vegas!
Easy walk to the strip - if feeling enegetic but i would advise (especially if you have kids) to drive to another hotel and park in their carpark - for free. There is lots of walking beware!!!
I tuly believe this is an excellent location, they offer free shuttles to and from Harrahs and were regular and reliable in our experience.
Concierge and the all general staff were extremely knowledgeable and gave great tips on where to go and eat.
Ellis Island was great for cheap and lovely food.
Now for the resort itself. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was modern, fully furnished and immaculately clean. Loved the welcome pack with the free popcorn - nice touch. We had a room overlooking the pools which was great.
Felt very safe in this hotel and it was always quiet - only negative is that the elevators/lifts were an absolute nightmare as you had to put your room key in to take you to the floor you needed and i seemes to have the knack of demagnetising my room key!!!
Other than that it was faultless - the staff went out of their way to help you and make your holiday special. The family pool was great and the two jaquzzis/spa. There was lots of entertainment along the pool side and the female singer was excellent - loved the music quiz. Never found a problem getting a lounger there always seemed to be plenty to go around. It was a shame that the pool was in the shade most of the afternoon, but having said that it was perfect for the kids as it ensured they stayed out of the sun in the incredible heat!
If i was to return to Vegas with the kids i would definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FIVE-TIME WINNER OF THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE! Wyndham Grand Desert offers spectacular one- and two-bedroom suites with fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, dining rooms, large bedrooms with plenty of closet and storage space, living rooms with pull-out sofas; some suites offer a spa tub in the master bedroom. The perfect vacation home - away from home - for a weekend trip or an extended stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Hotel Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Las Vegas
- Wyndham Las Vegas
- Grand Desert Resort Las Vegas
- Fairfield Resort Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Wyndham
- Fairfield Las Vegas Grand Desert
- Wyndham Grand Desert Las Vegas