2,480 results
All reviewstime sharefull kitchenfree shuttlebedroom deluxeparking passadult pooloff the stripfamily poolwasher and dryersales pitchactivity centerthree bedroomtimeshare presentationtimeshare resortpools and hot tubsshuttle servicemain tower
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Wyndham Grand Desert Resort in Las Vegas, NV

The six of us arrived at the Las Vegas, NV airport and hired a Taxi/Van service to take us to the resort. It was only a few minutes ride to WGD and cost $6 each. We arrived about 6 hours prior to check-in; however, WGD was able to accommodate us with an available room promptly.
The unit was a 3-BR condo with two baths, a Jacuzzis, a full kitchen & dining area, a washer/dryer combo with a flat-screen TV in each room. There were a total of 4 beds with a sleeper/sofa in the living room. The unit would sleep 8-10 persons. The unit was lovely internally; however, the only negative of this unit was that the windows facing the Las Vegas strip had several pigeons that lived on the seals just outside the windows.
The resort is located just less than 1 mile from the Las Vegas strip on Harmon Ave.
Amenities included a free shuttle to and from Harrah's on the strip, computer rooms, activity rooms, work-out rooms, swimming pools, hot tubs, restaurants, grocery store, free DVD usage, etc. There are several shuttles, and tours that you can schedule from the lobby that have fees. There are also several activities that you can sign up for such as messages, arts & crafts, etc. The amenities are nice.
What I liked the most about the resort was the convenience of everything, but what I liked the least was the hard-sell on the Timeshares.
Overall my family and I had an outstanding and relaxing vacation, and I would definitely go there again, but not when it is so hot outside.

WP from Chicago, IL.

1  Thank MakeCandy
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My g/f and her family and I stayed here in a 2 bedroom delux from July 4th-7th. WE got a great deal value wise and deciced to stay here. They said the room slept 8 and I guess it did but for the seven of us it was a little crowded but not horrible. I had stayed here before and this 2 bedroom seemed smaller that the 2 bedroom I stayed in previously. The living room was pretty small and compact but we made it work. The master bedroom was nice, large bathroom w/ jacuzzi hot tub was cool.
The kitchen was a lilttle small but it served it purpose fine.

The staff was pretty good as we did not have to wait long for service when we called them.
The location is OK not the best and not horrible. It is not on the strip, its close maybe 4-5 blocks off it. I walked several times and even in 112 degree heat it took me maybe 10-15 mins to reach the strip.

The biggest problem I have with the Wyndham is the PARKING!!! They do not have the parking to accomodate the tenants staying here. The parking garages are a diaster.. as they fill up in the evening and there is no outside parking. It got very old quickly driving around like a clown looking for parking. The resort security is also a JOKE, as we notified the staff of people double parking and they seemed like that did not care or were too lazy to act on it.

The pool is a no frill basic pool. It is vanilla in every way. One day we went swimming in the morning and a bunch of people like in they're 60-70s glared at us. It was "adult hour" and I guess they did not like that fact that we had a kid in the pool. Oh well.

The fact that they also charge for wifi sucked balls as well.
All in all this place is pretty good for the price and I would stay here again :)

1  Thank sixpack069
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed in a two bedroom condo with family from July 4th - 8th. The condo was very spacious, clean and decorated nicely. Had a fully equipped full kitchen with a coffee maker and refrigerator/ice machine that came in handly with the very warm weather. The pools (adult & children) were very nice and not overly crowded like the hotels on the strip. The grounds and hotel were very well kept. The cafe on premises had great food with very reasonable prices. The tiki bar at the adult pool offered specials and the drinks were good and reasonably priced. The daily shuttle that ran to and from the strip was perfect. The hotel offers the same pricing as Tiks4Less on the strip without having to wait in the long lines each morning. The staff was very accomodating and helpful with whatever we needed. This is the second Wyndham my husband and I have stayed at this year and we have been very pleased. We are staying at the Wyndham in San Diego and In San Antonio later this year and are looking forward to it. We did go on the Time Share presentation and didn't feel pressured into buying. The salesperson was very nice..

2  Thank BobnRobinHowell_MI
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Stayed here for a week in May and have to say it was a quiet oasis in the heart of wild vegas!
Easy walk to the strip - if feeling enegetic but i would advise (especially if you have kids) to drive to another hotel and park in their carpark - for free. There is lots of walking beware!!!
I tuly believe this is an excellent location, they offer free shuttles to and from Harrahs and were regular and reliable in our experience.
Concierge and the all general staff were extremely knowledgeable and gave great tips on where to go and eat.
Ellis Island was great for cheap and lovely food.
Now for the resort itself. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was modern, fully furnished and immaculately clean. Loved the welcome pack with the free popcorn - nice touch. We had a room overlooking the pools which was great.
Felt very safe in this hotel and it was always quiet - only negative is that the elevators/lifts were an absolute nightmare as you had to put your room key in to take you to the floor you needed and i seemes to have the knack of demagnetising my room key!!!
Other than that it was faultless - the staff went out of their way to help you and make your holiday special. The family pool was great and the two jaquzzis/spa. There was lots of entertainment along the pool side and the female singer was excellent - loved the music quiz. Never found a problem getting a lounger there always seemed to be plenty to go around. It was a shame that the pool was in the shade most of the afternoon, but having said that it was perfect for the kids as it ensured they stayed out of the sun in the incredible heat!
If i was to return to Vegas with the kids i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sukidsntravel
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We recently stayed at the Wyndham Grand Desert for a week with our two teenage girls. Looking for a place to get away with the "family", we were a little hesitant to pick Vegas, but the Wyndham property eliminated any of our concerns. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was spacious and very clean, with everything that a family needs for an enjoyable vacation.

When booking the hotel we actually expected the hotel to be farther from the strip than it was. Upon arrival it was in a great "off-strip" location and a VERY quick drive (less than 5 minutes) away from any entertainment. There was also a free shuttle that many guests were taking advantage of. Although it was possible, walking to the strip probably wouldn't be the method of choice for most people (especially when hot).

The hotel had 3 pools and a few spas, although there were 2 main pools: one for adults and one for families. The family pool was just the right size for us, not super huge and fancy like some of the hotels that charge a cover to swim, but comfortable for guests that want to enjoy the sun and water with kids (definitely not a drunk party atmosphere, although adult beverages were sold for those interested a little ways away at the adult pool ). In addition to the pool, we enjoyed playing pool, video games, and even checked out a board game from the entertainment room on site.

Although I'd probably pass on this hotel if I was planning a bachelor party, the hotel is perfect for families with teens or younger children, or couples of any age. Parking is easy, rooms are spacious and clean, and "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" is only a few minutes, or a shuttle ride away!

Mark
FYI - As a disabled traveler, this hotel was accessible and provided suitable accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family