2,516 results
All reviews time share full kitchen free shuttle bedroom deluxe parking pass adult pool off the strip family pool washer and dryer sales pitch activity center three bedroom timeshare presentation timeshare resort pools and hot tubs shuttle service main tower
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The Las Vegas Grand Desert Resort was really nice and the activities available at the resort kept my family busy after retruning each day from our basketball tournament games.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Well seeing as to how it has been a year since staying at this location i will share what thoughts that I can remember. Well this was a sort of free stay from Wyndam timeshare organization. I had a high floor room overlooking the pool. Having a one bedroom suite with two beds, a living room and kitchen area was great for my needs. Bedroom has its own tv and phone. Living room area was decent sized and i do believe the sofa was a pull out/sleeping kind but the one in the room was not real comfortable just for sitting. Kitchen area has a full sized fridge, stove top, microwave, dishwasher and all cookware and utensils. The location to me was also a plus, it was not far from the strip area so it was quiet it is the corner from MGM so also not in a secluded area. Having a car does not limit your activities if you want to shop, see and do other things. (parking is free for an street and also some covered underground parking). But they do provide a shuttle free of charge for travel to the strip. There are like three of four towers I stayed in the main tower (that housed checkin area etc) so i was happy with my location. I did not use the pool or any other facilities since i was there to shop, eat and lose money.
The city was working on water pipes or something so at times during the day constuction/city workers made entering and leaving hotel hard but since i was on the opposite end of this i did not hear any noise. I did not encounter any staff problems because i had no needs for their assistance. But will say if you do not own a timeshare they will call to have you attend a presentation for ownership. By the time they reached me it was at the end of my stay so i declined but usually you get cash, gift cards or free nights stay to attend the presentations so at times it is worth the couple of hours of your time it is your call.
All in all i was happy with my stay if possible would stay again here again or away from the strip.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jessicastl
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My friend won a week in Vegas at this timeshare. Being that it was free, it was good. But if I had to pay, I would have been highly disappointed. The rooms were nice and large, beds were comfy, can't complain about that. Our AC broke the first night, we had to call at least 4 times for them to come and fix it, nothing. Good thing we had 2 rooms and the AC from the other room cooled the room down enough for it to be bearable. I also didn't like I had to walk across the pool area to get to our room. Especially with our luggage, I felt like that was awkward. There is no maid service, so prepare to clean up after yourself. They don't bring you fresh towels unless you call in advance. I felt this place was more for older crowds, like 40+. They have 2 pools, one for adults and one for children. Don't get excited about the pool. The location wasn't bad, next to the Hard Rock. They also provide a shuttle that takes you to Harrah's. The food was pretty bad. I just wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Wyndham Grand Desert Resort in Las Vegas, NV

The six of us arrived at the Las Vegas, NV airport and hired a Taxi/Van service to take us to the resort. It was only a few minutes ride to WGD and cost $6 each. We arrived about 6 hours prior to check-in; however, WGD was able to accommodate us with an available room promptly.
The unit was a 3-BR condo with two baths, a Jacuzzis, a full kitchen & dining area, a washer/dryer combo with a flat-screen TV in each room. There were a total of 4 beds with a sleeper/sofa in the living room. The unit would sleep 8-10 persons. The unit was lovely internally; however, the only negative of this unit was that the windows facing the Las Vegas strip had several pigeons that lived on the seals just outside the windows.
The resort is located just less than 1 mile from the Las Vegas strip on Harmon Ave.
Amenities included a free shuttle to and from Harrah's on the strip, computer rooms, activity rooms, work-out rooms, swimming pools, hot tubs, restaurants, grocery store, free DVD usage, etc. There are several shuttles, and tours that you can schedule from the lobby that have fees. There are also several activities that you can sign up for such as messages, arts & crafts, etc. The amenities are nice.
What I liked the most about the resort was the convenience of everything, but what I liked the least was the hard-sell on the Timeshares.
Overall my family and I had an outstanding and relaxing vacation, and I would definitely go there again, but not when it is so hot outside.

WP from Chicago, IL.

1  Thank MakeCandy
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My g/f and her family and I stayed here in a 2 bedroom delux from July 4th-7th. WE got a great deal value wise and deciced to stay here. They said the room slept 8 and I guess it did but for the seven of us it was a little crowded but not horrible. I had stayed here before and this 2 bedroom seemed smaller that the 2 bedroom I stayed in previously. The living room was pretty small and compact but we made it work. The master bedroom was nice, large bathroom w/ jacuzzi hot tub was cool.
The kitchen was a lilttle small but it served it purpose fine.

The staff was pretty good as we did not have to wait long for service when we called them.
The location is OK not the best and not horrible. It is not on the strip, its close maybe 4-5 blocks off it. I walked several times and even in 112 degree heat it took me maybe 10-15 mins to reach the strip.

The biggest problem I have with the Wyndham is the PARKING!!! They do not have the parking to accomodate the tenants staying here. The parking garages are a diaster.. as they fill up in the evening and there is no outside parking. It got very old quickly driving around like a clown looking for parking. The resort security is also a JOKE, as we notified the staff of people double parking and they seemed like that did not care or were too lazy to act on it.

The pool is a no frill basic pool. It is vanilla in every way. One day we went swimming in the morning and a bunch of people like in they're 60-70s glared at us. It was "adult hour" and I guess they did not like that fact that we had a kid in the pool. Oh well.

The fact that they also charge for wifi sucked balls as well.
All in all this place is pretty good for the price and I would stay here again :)

1  Thank sixpack069