2,540 results
All reviews time share full kitchen free shuttle bedroom deluxe parking pass adult pool off the strip family pool washer and dryer sales pitch activity center timeshare presentation timeshare resort pools and hot tubs shuttle service main tower nice resort
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We had a group of 8 adults and a one year old. I must say this was a perfect place for a Las Vegas family getaway. I was able to rent out a very cozy 3-bedroom suite. It was vey spacious. The kitchen had all the appliances and bowls/cups we needed. The entire space was clean. The decoration was a little bit drab for my taste but it was more than acceptable. There were flat-screen TVs in every room. The two restrooms were big. The master bathroom had a huge jacuzzi although we never got the chance to use it.

Location was perfect for us because we had a car. I would definitely recommend a car. Parking was plentiful.

One negative that struck was the lack of pools and a bigger pool. The adult pool needs to be open later than the general one and the pools are smaller than your average Vegas pool.

Will come back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank deweyn2013
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I've been staying at the Grand Desert for almost five (5) years. Yes it's off the strip, but sometimes you just want to get away from the noise and lights. If that's what you desire then the Grand Desert is perfect. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. I've stayed with friends and family members, all of various ages and they all love it just the same.

They do have a free shuttle that runs to and from the strip, the drop off and pick up is at Bally's Hotel & Casino. But like one reviewer said it does stop at midnight. But if you're out late in Vegas I'm sure you can spare a few bucks on a cab back to your room, it's not going to ruin your night or trip.

There are three (3) pools, one (1) which is designated for adults and the others are family orientated. Right inside there's a cafe to get overpriced food if you don't have anything in your room or don't wanna hit the strip :)

I've never had a bad experience ever in the past five years..especially bed bugs or beer cans left by the poolside, like some of the other reviewers experienced.

The one negative I can say is that they do pressure you hard for a timeshare tour or sale, but if you don't answer your phone or are gone from your room most of the day they can't annoy now can they?!!?

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TrvlngAngyl
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Traded into the Wyndham Grand Desert from Club Ragina in Los Cabos as it seemed like a nice option. BIG MISTAKE! While the property has some potential, the major problem is cleanliness. My wife was bitten by bed bugs - and despite several calls to the property management reporting the incident, we have yet to receive any response - it is now October!
There are no restaurants or casinos near this property; you are way off the strip - and the limo/bus is very limited - only goes to Harrahs. So, either rent a car or plan on spending money for lots of cabs.
Fortunately, we also had booked some nights at the Flamingo - much better!!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank DeweyStreet
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We had a week here as RCI exchange guests after touring the National Parks of Utah, and found it more than sufficient for our needs and quite well positioned on Harmon for taking or leaving the "Strip".
I'd say it's a good 10 minute walk from the madness,and Harmon brings you onto the Strip at the new Miracle Mile Mall , which is air conditioned and smoke free.We dodged through these shops a lot to cool down and breathe some fresh air on our way back to the hotel.The hotel runs a free shuttle to Harrahs,but the bus garage there is not the greatest place to wait for the return trip. It is hot ,stinky and full of diesel fumes from all the buses coming in.The casino is low and smoky and you have to walk all the way through.We only used it once, and either walked or took the car, accessing the strip hotels parking from Koval.Do not drive on the strip if you can help it. NO NO! Get a decent map and use the streets on either side,and only cross the Strip with the lights.

It was unseasonably hot during our stay in Vegas for the end of September,but the hotel was always deliciously cool and totally smoke free ,but not chilly, and the climate in the apartment worked fine although you couldn't turn it off at night and it did disturb slightly kicking off and on,with the noise.
The well appointed kitchen had new appliances which were spotless ,the units were wood and a little old fashioned, but not shabby.Only four of everything was a little spare considering there is a full size dishwasher.
The bed was fabulous ,and sadly I couldn't get it on the plane. It's time they made houses in Britain with bedrooms big enough for these Super King beds .I'd love one at home! We had a spa bath in the bedroom,and full size shower in the toilet .Two sinks and vanities meant no arguments in the morning.This in a one bedroom deluxe.

Furnishings were unremarkable in the rest of the apartment .The chair and sofa had thin ,hard and quite uncomfortable, in my opinion ,arms .I suppose that kept people from sitting on the arms, but I gave up trying to get comfy in the chair and joined my husband on the sofa.

The decor was neutral and a bit bland,but the apartment seemed very clean and well maintained. I loved the carpet pattern on the main hallway corridors,it reminded me of being on board a cruise ship, as we had a long windowless passageway to walk to our room.
We always found a space in the underground car park for our rental.It smelt a bit funky down there ,like melting rubber, but the car didn't roast in the 100 degree sun, and the elevators took you all the way down.You had to activate the elevators with your passkey by way of security, and there were four off the main foyer in Belle Torre,which were hard worked on checkout day.
Pools were quite attractive ,but you had to run for the shade by 10am,so we weren't down there that much.Left that to the sun worshippers.

We liked the Wyndham just fine,but you didn't really feel you were in Vegas once you walked through the doors. Maybe that was no bad thing!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cardigran
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Place is good but location is off strip. They DO NOT have 24 hours free shuttle or any train connectivity to come back from strip. Last shuttle is at midnight. Good for famillies but not for couples when you want to see shows and hangout in clubs/casinos.

Timeshare hawks are abundant and ready to sell you points (not nights). They offer atleast 75CAD dining coupons and show tickets (of back seats of Jublee) if you listen to their (2 hour) crap lies such as you can not book with money but with points only. Listen to them get your vouchers but do not buy because they lie. Tell them on their face that you will investigate their claims and ask to give offer in writing, which they wont. They will always be rude in the end so be prepared to shout back at them. They do not even spare seniors and women in hurling insults if you don't buy approx 20000USD worth points. So they deserve to be insulted back and be exploited for coupons.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple