“Former Vegas local, I never stay anywhere else.”
Review of Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel
Ranked #179 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Former Vegas local, I never stay anywhere else.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I lived in Vegas for many years before I moved to Los Angeles, and I still return to Vegas often for business. I never stay anywhere but the Artisan Hotel.

The decor alone is enough reason to stay here. Think dramatic gothic color palettes, beautiful mirrors and art reproductions in antiqued frames, ornate dark wood furniture, and rich red upholstery. A step into the lobby is a step into another world. Each guest room is decorated with art reproductions from one particular artist. I've stayed in the Toulouse Lautrec room, the Marc Chagall room, the Michaelangelo room, etc. Beds are high quality (a must for me - I have a degenerative joint disorder).

The valets, bellmen, housekeepers, and desk clerks here always provide me with kind, prompt service. Everyone working here seems happy to be here. They remember repeat visitors.

Most of the hotels in Vegas are gaming hotels. The problem with gaming hotels is that in order to get to your room, you are forced by the very design of the building to trudge through the entire noisy, smokey gaming floor first. There is no direct route to your hotel room. When you want to leave, it's the same long, stinky, headache-inducing journey. The Artisan is a non-gaming hotel, and also smoke free; a rarity in Las Vegas.

As a former local, let me tell you a secret: you don't want to stay ON the strip. You want to stay directly NEXT TO the strip. Las Vegas blvd gets incredibly congested at night. The Artisan is located one block off the strip on Sahara. You're perfectly positioned to take advantage of side streets and easily get to any location on the strip you wish. If you want to go to the strip and gamble, it's incredibly easy.

Parking at the Artisan is all valet, but it's free. Just remember to tip your valet when picking up your car.

In a city notorious for underwhelming, overpriced room service, the Artisan is a breath of fresh air. The hotel restaurant is a little pricey, but you get quality deserving of the expense. Last night, I had the sea-bass sent to my room. It was two giant, moist, flaky fillets with delicious mashed potatoes and Asian slaw. Fantastic.

Everyone should check out the hotel bar. I don't care if you don't drink. Buy a coke or something and enjoy the slightly deranged and spooky steampunk ambiance of the lounge area. I love it in there.

The only thing someone might not like about this place is that the bar/lounge gets a lot of traffic on weekends. The party doesn't stop until the wee hours. That said, I've never personally found the noise level disruptive to my sleep or otherwise. If you're a parent with babies or perhaps a fuddy-duddy, you might not like it.

Overall, this is an incredible hotel, and especially for the price. It's comfortable, beautiful, and not like any other hotel on earth. Give it a try. You'll love it.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the Masterpiece suite is SO worth it, if you're traveling for a special occasion...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review. It was an amazing and enjoyable one to read. We absolutely love our locals and all new friends we make each and every day!!!

I do remember you and your husband- Happy Anniversary by the way.
I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. I’m so glad you liked our sea bass as it is one of our top sellers and one of my favorites as well. (I will make sure to give kudos to our Chefs)

Our lounge and its staff are phenomenal- very different and also unforgettable. I like to think we are the hidden Gem in Las Vegas. I like all the facts you pointed, that make us different from other hotels. Here we remember you by name and offer a more personable experience.
On behave of the Artisan and its Team; we would like to thank you for your kind review.

Please give me a shout when you’re ready to return. I can offer you the same sweet deal for always reserving direct and being such a loyal guest.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how GREAT we truly are. I look forward to speaking with you very soon!

Cheers,
xkeyes@artisanhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have read the previous reviews concerning noise and completely agree. But the Artisan is decorated like a haunted house with art and is really stunning. It is a very cool place to stay. During my visit here the service was top notch and I had no issues as all.

My issues came when I got home and started itching. I thought I just had a rash or something. It wasn't until I spoke with a friend that also stayed here during the same time frame and mentioned the same issue that I thought something could be wrong. After discussions, we figure out that it was BED BUGS. It is the typical bites in groupings, in the line, etc. This is the first time that this has happened to me so I was pretty unsure what should be done.

We called the Artisan to chat with them and the way they handled it was awful. Instead of having a reasonable conversation, they accused us of bringing the bed bugs from home. SERIOUSLY?! Then they mentioned it could not have been them because they just sprayed for them just before we arrived.

At this point, I am itching really badly and just hoping I didn't bring these damn things home to my family. AWFUL.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room for bed bug signs before accepting the room if you decide to stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank J K
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello,

My name is Michael Swain. I am the new General Manager of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. We have made many improvements over the past year. Please let me know if you would like to try coming back to the Artisan Hotel again.

Michael Swain

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed 1 August 2012

An excellent establishment for the perfect get away. Artisan has some of the best custumer service Vegas has to offer. I love that every room has it's own unique theme. Very upbeat and convenient but yet private location. Clean rooms and altogethor clean establishment. Awesome promotions was able to receive a room at a nice rate plus champagne. The nightlife was fun. Great music and reasonable drink prices.Artisan is my local getaway.

• Stayed July 2012
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Well…. Hello and thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed Artisan for all it has to offer. We pride ourselves on being the best and being different. I’m glad you got to take complete advantage of us during your stay with the 50% off plus the complimentary champagne. That promotion is only offered when you reserve direct through the property. Please let me know when you’re ready for round two I would like to upgrade you into one of our suites the next time around.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how great the Artisan truly is.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

It is a nice change to go to Vegas and not have to hear the gaming machines. The wedding we were there for was in the middle of the week and we were reassured that nothing was going on. There turned out to be a very large show that was to take over the hotel on the evening of the wedding. The staff was either extremely nice or not very helpful. The decorations in the hotel as well s the rooms were awe inspiring. Everything is decorated with art. Every room has a different artist as its theme.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback and business from every individual and group. I’m terribly sorry that at the time of the wedding reservation there was no other event and during the days we had to continue business and booked another event, this should have been discussed a little better for the Bride and Groom -whom I have already spoken with since their arrival.

I’m terribly sorry that the entire property was not on the same level with their customer service. I will have a meeting to discuss your concerns. Thank you for your kind comments about of Hotel rooms and décor, we are known to be a different and unique property.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day.

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Other than their great service and lively after-hours lounge, the Artisan hotel has a unique decor that is unusual yet elegant in every sense of the word. One feels like they have stepped into an art gallery especially in the lobby. As far as the rooms are concerned, they are clean and the room service workers are very polite and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to any one looking for something different yet stunningly beautiful in las vegas. And btw, their pool party (Radiant Sundays) is amazing.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate this positive feedback from our new friends. When you are back in Las Vegas again, give me a shout and I will personally make your reservation in one of our signature Boutique suites and add in additional sweetener.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how great the Artisan and its Team really is.

Cheers,
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This place gave my friend's honeymoon suite away to the Kardashians on their wedding night.

Yes, that's right. We all came to this hotel for our friend's wedding. Upon check in we found out that the owner of the hotel had decided to give the whole top floor to the Kardashians who had shown up, thus kicking my friends who were getting married at the Artisan out of the honeymoon suite. The Artisan put them in a regular room. They also flat out gave away several rooms that belonged to guests in the wedding party to the Kardashians so our friends had to go out to the strip on a Friday night and pay rack rate to stay somewhere else. The owner of this hotel screwed my friends and the entire hotel staff. Because the Kardashians wanted to have dinner in the one and only restaurant the hotel has, our friend's wedding reception got moved onto an outdoor patio. Did I mention it was 107 degrees? Also, the other stuff people complained about in their reviews of this hotel were true for us too. It's off the strip and cabs don't want to come here so we had to wait 45 minutes or so every time we called a cab. The key card to my room didn't work and neither did the next one we got or the next one. It got to the point where everytime we came back to the hotel we'd have to get someone from the front desk to let us in. One time we came back at 2 a.m. and had a huge man block the elevator saying he was holding it for the Kardashians. This is a 5 floor hotel with only one elevator. I don't care if Bill Clinton is there. Get out of my way and off the elevator. The owner of this hotel is greedy,unet hical and treats his staff like crap. They worked 16 hours on Sat, taking care of us, other weddings and the Kardashians. Imagine you had shown up for your wedding and found out this had been done to you. I urge you to not stay at this hotel. There is no casino there, only 1 restaurant which could be commandeered at any moment by some random celebrity and then you can't even get room service, only 1 small bar and it's off the strip and cabs won't go there so.... you end up trapped at a crappy hotel that used to be a Super 8. Yes, it was a Super 8. I hope the owner, and the Kardashians, both go bankrupt. And, if you have kids, don't go there. Pot was at the pool and cocaine was in the bathrooms. Saw it with my own eyes. I was shocked and horrified by how badly my friends, who were spending a lot of money to have their wedding there, were treated by the Artisan Hotel. Go to Hotwire and get a good deal on a nice hotel on the strip. Send this hotel owner a message and never stay here!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Shortmartian
ArtisanGM, Hotel Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Hello and thank you for your review and kind comments about our employees, as they all work VERY hard.

On behave of the Artisan and its ownership; we are truly sorry for the series of events that took place during your Hotel stay- and your friend’s wedding, please accept our sincerest apologies as this is not typically how we operate. Since this stay over a year ago- we have made drastic changes to improve all outlets and the way things are handled with our New Management team. I can assure you that if you give us a chance you will see how spectacular the Artisan Truly is all around.

I want to invite you back to stay with us on me, in one of our suites. Please give me a shout at your convenience. I would love to speak with you and also get a hold of the Bride and Groom.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day. I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Respectfully,
Reviewed 1 July 2012

If you lose your key the front desk never asks for ID they ask for room number and print you a key without verifying who you are or if it's your room.

If you order room service it comes in Styrofoam, and is never hot. It's overpriced and tasteless.

The phone in the room was broken. My television didn't have service all day Sunday.

I asked the front desk to send fresh sheets 3 times throughout the day and didn't get them till 10pm.

My new clothes all had moth holes in them from hanging in the closet.

Self parking is accross the street and not covered.

There is loud music playing all day and night and you have to learn to sleep to loud beats vibrating through your pillow.

The only elevator is so slow.

I would never stay here again. It's worth it to pay more for a decent hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank BarbiesWorld
, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. With every guest and their comments/ concerns helps to build a stronger and more enjoyable stay.

I am concerned with the issues you addressed in your review and would like to discuss them with you if I can speak with you via phone or email.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.