“Know what you're getting into”
Review of Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel
Ranked #176 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 October 2012

In today's information age, you should always do your homework on any place you plan on staying.. especially in a city like Vegas.

I knew full well before staying here that this wasn't going to be a nice quiet hotel and that a lot would probably be going on while I was here.. and that absolutely was the case.

I arrived in early evening and check in was quick and easy. You have to park in a gravel lot a bit away from the hotel entrance (and across a street), but that wasn't a big deal to me. Check-in was very easy. The lobby of the hotel makes quite an impression! Very interesting and has it's own style. I enjoyed it quite a bit, to be honest. Every room in the hotel is done with art reproductions of a certain artist.. I happened to get the Warhol room, which was cool.. and it had a view of the strip in the distance (not the greatest stuff in-between, but I appreciated it for what it was).

Once the music and party started downstairs, it really didn't stop. I heard the music pumping all night long.. it was very difficult to sleep. I wouldn't have gone to bed as early as I did if I wasn't tired from traveling, but even being exhausted it was difficult to sleep with the thumping bass. When I got up at 7 AM, the bass was still pounding.. it was even super loud in the elevator. When the doors opened to the lobby, people were everywhere, still partying like crazy. I went and got breakfast, and when I got back, everyone was gone and the music was off.

I was treated well by the staff here and I enjoyed the property. I think the music could have been probably not quite as loud carrying into the rooms, but it doesn't affect my overall positive impression of the place. Maybe I'll stay here again when I'm NOT tired and have a big time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Hello and thank you kindly for your review- I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property for its unique décor and our amazing staff!

I do see you parked across the street on the dirt lot, for the next stay please keep in mind we have complimentary valet parking for our Hotel guest 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I do apologize for any lack of sleep that our after-hours night club may have caused you.
Please let me know when you’re ready for round two, it will be my pleasure to secure a nice VIP room for you on a slower night Monday- Wednesday without our night club.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travelers know how amazingly different the Artisan truly is.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

If anything has ruined Vegas its the family and business traveler!
Thankfully The Artisan is a nice throw back to a time when adults went to Vegas to party and forget their suburban doldrums. My wife and I love this hotel, especially the topless pool. We have been to a few of the strip hotel, so many rules it feels like boot camp.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you had a nice time at the Artisan. Please email or call me when you’re ready for round two it will be my pleasure to secure a reservation for you and your wife.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I read the reviews for the Artisan before I booked 3 nights. We were there for a short and fun time. The pro's of the hotel are:
-Unique
-Quirky
-Off the busy strip

We were out partying at night so honestly by the time we got back, sure the bar was bumping, but we stayed up on 5th floor and had no isssue falling asleep or passing out.
The bed was comfortable but the room was a bit hot and stuffy. There is a fan and a window that opens but no a/c.

There is no fridge so be prepared for that.

The only real inconvenience with staying at hotel was that it was at least a $15 cab ride to downtown. It started to add up. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Fifth floor at end of hall seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback; this is the best way for us as a Boutique hotel to have the best understanding of our guest needs and request. I do apologize for the a/c issue; I can assure you this has been resolved.

Please give me a shout when you’re ready for round two- I would like to make your reservations and throw in a nice sweetener just for booking direct.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travels know how nice we are.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Unfortunately read the other reviews on TripAdvisor too late. Tried to cancel our booking (realising that this was not the same romantic “boutique” type of hotel we were used to staying in) but we’d missed the cancellation period and would have had to pay for the room anyway. The hotel is very quirky and interesting with regards decor but that’s about the only positive from our point of view. We asked for a room as far away from the 'club' as possible - we were put on the 5th floor OVER the pool/club area & as in the other reviews, the music finally stopped as we were getting up to go the airport. We were awake most of the night but luckily had bought ear plugs! We had 3 sets of room cards, none worked & we had to get a porter to let us in and out. We'd hoped for dinner in the hotel but there were two weddings so the restaurant wasn't open - would have been nice to be told this in advance. We had a very poor experience. Definitely not our kind of place but must be popular to host two weddings the same night.

Room Tip: Don't think there are any 'quiet' rooms. Even the air con is loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for staying with us. I am using your review for departmental training and will address each concern and make appropriate changes to our hotel keys.

We take each review good or bad and every issue very serious at Artisan Boutique Hotel.

I thank you again for allowing us to improve our staff and our property. I do hope you have an opportunity to return and I would love to reserve a lavish suite for you if given the opportunity to make it up to you I guarantee you will fall in love with the Artisan all around.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day- I hope to hear from you very soon!

Respectfully,

Reviewed 8 October 2012

If you like loud disco music until 8am then this is the place for you. The decor is decidedly different from chain hotels, and that does add interest. As a base for exploring Las Vegas it has limited appeal. It is too far from the main strip for walking (on a hot night), and it does not do breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Krooble

Hello and thank you for your review. With every guest and their comments/ concerns helps to build a stronger and more enjoyable stay.

I am concerned with the issues you addressed in your review and would like to discuss them with you if I can speak with you via phone or email.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

It started as I was checked into my room on Saturday night. It was specified in the notes prior to my arrival that I am staying on business so I had requested a quite room. I had done the research to know that they have a club on the weekend that goes to late hours of the night. The only had one room left and it was directly above the club on the 3rd foor. You could not have placed it in a more awful spot. So there was nothing I could do but deal with it. I went out that night to walk to strip. When I can back at midnight, the bouncers at the main entrance wanted me to pay a cover to get into the hotel. I told them that I was staying there and had me wait for 10 minutes until they could confirm it. When they say the club goes late I was expecting maybe 2 or 3 am. NO, the club goes until 8 am on Thursday-Sunday and even had a special night on Monday. Not only does it get loud at the club but the streets are filled with morons revving their engines and shouting.

Another huge disadvantage is that there is NOTHING close to eat or convenience store. It take at least a 12 dollar cab fare to go anywhere to eat or get something to drink. The website says they serve breakfast lunch or dinner, but in fact they only serve dinner from 5-10 PM.

The cleaning staff doesn't come to your room till like 4-5 PM, so be prepared to get interrupted in case you have work to do in your room. One Sunday morning I found a huge pile of puke in the hallway close to the elevator that stayed there for an entire day until the next morning.

Be patient for someone to address you at the front desk, they are always away from it in the back and have no way of knowing anyone is there until you shout for help.

I would only recommend this hotel if you are looking to party. There is NO reason to stay here for any other reason.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you are here for business or romance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michaellcoates

Hello and thank you for your review. I appreciate all feedback good or bad and I’m terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations due to our After-hours noise.

We are proud and known for being Las Vegas #1 After-hours the past 3 years. However, this is only Thursday- Sunday.

I would love to show you how peaceful the Artisan truly is during our slower nights. (Monday- Wednesday)

I do apologize for the issues you had on your floor and can assure you I have taken care of this matter. I would like to speak with you about other concerns you had while you were here. Please give me a call at your convenience.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed on business for 2 days and being the wild man I am, found the place has great potential for singles and couples on the weekends. That being said I found some action on the week days. I heard that swingers populate the place on the weekends and I guess I found a few holdovers. The place is not for everyone, but if your a free thinker, by all means come and stay. Rooms are clean but small and typical night life noise.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MikeFReno
ArtisanGM, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Hello and thank you for your great review. We are absolutely the place to be if you like to be different.

Our hotel rooms are not too big and not too small but seem just right.
We do have a rather large suite- our Masterpiece I think you would love!
Please give me a shout when you’re ready for round two, I will personally make your reservations and throw in an additional sweetener for becoming a new VIP!!!!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let other travels know how great the Artisan is.