“Great place....for adults.”

Ranked #178 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Streamwood, Illinois
“Great place....for adults.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

A really engaging canvas art themed hotel for adults. The staff was very friendly, polite and accommodating. The lobby, lounge and rooms have a romantic atmosphere, which are dimly lit for effect. There is an after hours party Wed-Sat that rocks the lounge until 7AM. We requested a room away from the lounge on the 5th floor, and it was nice and quiet. The only disturbance at night was highway noise, but that was rare. You should be aware that the pool is top-optional and that the hotel welcomes gay and trans-gender. Valet parking is free, and you can self park across the street. If you're open minded you will enjoy this place.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Chitowndanny
Dear Chitowndanny,

Thank you so much for your review of the Artisan! We're happy that you had such a great experience and appreciate the love! Thank you for being our guest and giving us the opportunity to wow you with our unique hotel!

If I can be of service for any return stays, please don't hesitate to contact me!

dsweeney@artisanhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel needs to re-staffed especially management and housekeeping! When we checked in there was vomit throughout the lobby, staff was rude when we needed a room key reactivated, and I Was charged a $250 smoking fee twice due to having an empty pack of cigarettes in the trash. WORST PLACE EVER!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Bam520
Dear Bam,

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I can ensure you that the management and housekeeping staff of the hotel prides itself on maintaining the cleanliness of our facility to the highest standard. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and always do our best to inform guests of our policies. I would be happy to discuss with you any issues that you had during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A few years ago, I was stationed in Las Vegas and previously loved the Artisan for its atmosphere and thought it would be a great place to stay to get away from the noise of the big hotels. I had seen that since my departure they had turned their nice lounge into an After-Hours hot spot. What was not clearly conveyed was the fact that you should not expect to be able to actually sleep in your hotel room. To say the music was loud would not come close to the ear-splitting concert-level sound exploding from the club area. The music was so loud that we had to yell to the clerk at the desk, but she assured us that in our room on their top floor we shouldn't be able to hear it the music. We could hear it very clearly, but we were so exhausted that we were able to drift off anyway. About 1 a.m., they really got the music cranking and sleep (if you are sober) was not a possibility. I tossed and turned about an hour before I went to the front desk to talk to them about it. Tyras (the clerk) told me that they were well known for their After-Hours Party and that I should have expected it. I then spoke to the "operations manager" Mortine who was really nice but had no real authority. She offered to help find me another room if I wanted to leave, but due to it being Spring Break the cheapest she could find was $350. She was very sweet, but was not able to remedy the situation in any way. She told me she would send a message to Dillon (the main Manager) and inform him of the situation. She told me the party would end at 0700. At 0720, the "party" was still in full swing and I spoke to Tyras again who said it might last until 0900, but I could talk to the other managers Ashley or Dillon when they arrived at 0900. Since I have to depart for the airport in two hours, I resigned myself to a hot shower (loved the bathroom) and some coffee. I went back down to the lobby to speak with one of the managers, but only found a different clerk named Tara (who again was a manager, but had no real authority). She again e-mailed Dillon and subsequently informed me that he would not be available until the afternoon. I asked if I could speak to him over the phone since I would be on a flight this afternoon. She sent him a message, but he told her to get my information and he would call me. I asked why he couldn't authorize a refund or some kind of compensation to her, she didn't know. It has been two weeks, and I've yet to receive even the courtesy of some type of communication. If it had not been for the excessive decibel level of the party, the hotel is otherwise enjoyable enough. However, I usually get a room to sleep in, so if I can't sleep what is the point? Judging by the how well the party was hopping, they could probably limit the complaints and increase the profits by charging for rooms by the hour...the hotel is located in the right part of town for that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank sannycat
Dear Sannycat,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you had such a bad experience and sincerely apologize. We do have a very lively afterhours party on the weekends and it can affect some areas of the hotel. We always try to make guests aware of the party going on for the evening. We have the #1 Afterhours Nightclub in Las Vegas and we're famous for our night life. We do always try our best to accommodate anyone not joining the party with as quiet of a room as possible. I do apologize that we weren't able to serve you with a better experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I'd be happy to offer a satisfactory resolution.

Springville, Utah
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We spend our anniversary in the Artisan Hotel. My husband looked for a romantic, different kind of hotel in Vegas and thought this would be a good choice.
The hotel is actually really cool. The art, the whole style of the hotel, dark and romantic was inspiring. We actually even liked the fact that it wasn't right on the strip, but right behind it....away from the craziness but still right there.
The room was very nice and clean. The bathtub was dissappointing, but the showerhead made up for that.
Even the mandatory valet parking (unless you wanna park across the street) wasn't a problem. A couple bucks for the valets won't hurt you in Vegas.

There were a few things that were not OK though. I don't mind loud and noisy hotels when I book a room knowing it's gonna be that way. But the Artisan promotes itself on their website as quite Sunday to Thursday and this was not the case when we stayed there on a Sunday night.
Also, we used the promo banner on the website giving us a great deal for the room (although you can find much cheaper hotel rooms in Vegas right on the strip), it did promised a free bottle of champagne in the room. We never received that unfortunaly. It was part of the reason my husband choose this hotel, since it was our anniversary and he thought that would be a very nice touch.

So we had mixed experience with this hotel. Would I pay full price to stay here again, unlikely. With the right deal, I probably do come back and just anticipate that their might be noise ect.

I do wanna make one special compliment towards one of the valets. Tony was simple fantastic. He is the kinda valet you want to tip and not just to be polite.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, at least the noise nuisance will be less annoying.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jami L
Dear Jami,

Thank you so much for your review of the Artisan! We're so happy you and your husband chose us for your anniversary! I do apologize that we missed a few details during your stay, including receiving your complimentary champagne. I truly apologize and would love to make it up to you the next time you are in Las Vegas. Please contact me and I would be happy to set up something special for you and your husband!

Thank you again for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to better service you on a return trip to Las Vegas!

Rossville, GA
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This was a re-visit to the hotel by me.. I last stayed on a weekend when it was all "ultra lounge nights".

Currently (as of the time of this writing on 03/23/13) the Artisan's own website says from Sunday to Thursday it is quiet place to stay and on Friday and Saturday they have the night life.. however, when I checked in last Monday I was notified that they now have added Wednesday and Thursday to this, so I guess Sunday - Tuesday are now the only quiet nights. I'm not sure why the website hasn't been updated to reflect this, it's an important consideration to me whether or not I'm going to be able to sleep on a given night or not.

The hotel itself is a very cool place, it's a great location not far from anything worth seeing in Vegas and the decor and property are quite fascinating. It's definitely worth a visit, just be aware of what you are getting into, and perhaps check directly with them about exactly what nights are the loud nights.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one as far away from the lounge as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank captainoneliner
Dear Captain,

Thank you for your review. We have added some additional events to our famous Friday and Saturday Afterhours Parties. We have a number of different events scheduled throughout each week that appeal to all types of fun seeking travelers. Twice a month, we offer Wine & Dine Wednesday, featuring wine tastings and a live jazz band. Four days/week we offer awesome parties at our top-optional pool. We always try to ensure our guests know the schedule of events when they check-in and accommodate any special requests.

Thank you again for being a guest of the Artisan Hotel Boutique! We hope that future travel will bring you our way again! If I can assist you with any future travel to Las Vegas, please don't hesitate to contact me!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Anticipate mandatory valet parking; unless you want to park yourself across the street away from the hotel area. While not happy about that aspect, I can say with certainty that the valet drivers are not only personable, but highly intelligent conversationalists.Upon walking into the lobby, you are immediately enthralled with art hanging from ceiling(literally) to floor; the ambiance is enchantingly mysterious. The staff courteous, kind and attentive.
Had I not been there for business, the stay would have been an experience to remember; however, I was there for business.
Drawbacks include: noise, distance from strip activities, lack of available restaurants, no vending machine for snacks/soda. No room service weeknights after 10:00 PM.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter stay, ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the club. Also, bring you...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Cnloflin,

Thank you for writing us a review! We know you have a busy schedule and appreciate your time. I apologize about our Parking situation; due to our location, we are limited as to where our guest can park, that is why we include Valet parking with your stay or our guest have the option to self-park. I am glad to hear our Valet was able to assist you and our Hotel Staff was always attentive!

We wish you could have stayed with us longer to enjoy the unique Artisan experience. Once you do decide to return, please contact me and I would be happy to assist you with your next reservation.

Ashley Mendiola
Front Desk Supervisor
(702)214-4000
amendiola@artisanhotel.com
Reviewed 13 February 2013

If you go late make sure you are dressed right because they will not let you in. That's what happened to my brother and me when we wanted to get a room there they wouldnt let us in. It was do to the afterhours club. when we went in later that night it was a great place to stay something about the atmosphere made me fall in love with the place. The gothic theme and clean rooms made it one of my best value trips ever. The club was fun and the staff knowledgable. The club stays open way into the morning so if you can't sleep with noise then bring ear plugs. I look forward to my next visit in less then a week so I can experience everything thing they have to offer. The Artisan is a must to go with a partner or friend to have fun with and experience a nightlife when the vegas strip nightclubs close. I will be recommending to all my friends to stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Ashley M, Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Zeus1987,

I want to apologize about the difficulty you encountered entering our Hotel during our Afterhours. Our Security staff is required to abide by our dress-code policy for anyone entering the Hotel during those times, mainly Friday and Saturday nights. However, if you had a reservation already made prior to your arrival, this wouldn’t have been the case. We are definitely a one-of-a-kind Hotel and take pride in our uniqueness.

We appreciate you taking the time in writing us a great review and glad to hear you will be spreading the word! Next time you plan to stay with us, please contact me and I would be happy to assist you with your next booking.

Ashley Mendiola