We've stayed here before, although quite a long time ago, and I do have to say some things have changed for the better. You now need your room card to operate the elevators to go up to the floors, and you also need it to operate the lights/AC in the unit. We liked that added security feature. Front desk/Valet staff was friendly as well, they made the whole arrival/check-out process a breeze.
What we didn't like:
1) The Mood restaurant used to be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now it's only open from 5pm-midnight and there really aren't any convenient places to go to get breakfast food if you just want to relax in your room and eat.
2) In our room, the sofa/love seat in front of the bed had a broken leg, and the broken leg was sticking out to the point where I tripped on it the next morning (I didn't notice it upon check-in, we were so tired we just went straight to bed.) Apparently the staff hasn't been checking up on this because the front desk was surprised when I told them. I would think that something that obvious would be noticeable to the cleaning crew. Also, the sink in the bathroom was wobbly to the point where it knocked into the wall while leaning against it to brush your teeth/wash your face. Not a huge problem, but it was somewhat annoying.
3) (The major issue) All night we felt itchy and we felt like something was crawling on us in the bed, but when we would look around we wouldn't find anything. The next morning, however, I woke up to two small roach-like insects running around on the bed. Needless to say we just grabbed our belongings and checked out. I took photos of them if management would like to see, but I won't post them. The room/hotel didn't look "dirty" even with these minor problems. They may have come in from outside or through the window...but nonetheless it was a little unsettling.
We would continue to stay here when we come to Vegas (which isn't often) simply because of the courteous staff (our bartender was Britney and she was great) and the environment. We ate dinner when we arrived, and the food was great, and the waiter was very attentive. We can't complain about that experience at all. We would just like to see the rooms checked over a little more thoroughly in the future. Also, we would like to see an after-hours snack bar or even chips/soda for guests who want to purchase snacks when the restaurant isn't open. I know the bar is open 24 hours, so maybe it could be located in there? It's just such a hassle to go ask the valet to get your car, drive on the main street to grab some food, and come back to valet your car again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Non-Gaming Boutique Hotel located 1/2 mile from the Strip. The interior features numerous bronze statues and paintings by Artists such as Van Gogh, Cezanne, Renoir and more. A Las Vegas favorite, experience the soft candle lit ambiance throughout the Lobby, Lounge and romantic Fine Dining Room. Exchange vows in the Eurpoean Wedding Chapel or in a Cabana within the lush surroundings of the Mediterranean Pool. Experience Las Vegas' best kept secret! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Artisan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Artisan Hotel Las Vegas
- Artisan Las Vegas