“Ehh...”

Ranked #167 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
riverside
“Ehh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We've stayed here before, although quite a long time ago, and I do have to say some things have changed for the better. You now need your room card to operate the elevators to go up to the floors, and you also need it to operate the lights/AC in the unit. We liked that added security feature. Front desk/Valet staff was friendly as well, they made the whole arrival/check-out process a breeze.

What we didn't like:
1) The Mood restaurant used to be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Now it's only open from 5pm-midnight and there really aren't any convenient places to go to get breakfast food if you just want to relax in your room and eat.
2) In our room, the sofa/love seat in front of the bed had a broken leg, and the broken leg was sticking out to the point where I tripped on it the next morning (I didn't notice it upon check-in, we were so tired we just went straight to bed.) Apparently the staff hasn't been checking up on this because the front desk was surprised when I told them. I would think that something that obvious would be noticeable to the cleaning crew. Also, the sink in the bathroom was wobbly to the point where it knocked into the wall while leaning against it to brush your teeth/wash your face. Not a huge problem, but it was somewhat annoying.
3) (The major issue) All night we felt itchy and we felt like something was crawling on us in the bed, but when we would look around we wouldn't find anything. The next morning, however, I woke up to two small roach-like insects running around on the bed. Needless to say we just grabbed our belongings and checked out. I took photos of them if management would like to see, but I won't post them. The room/hotel didn't look "dirty" even with these minor problems. They may have come in from outside or through the window...but nonetheless it was a little unsettling.

We would continue to stay here when we come to Vegas (which isn't often) simply because of the courteous staff (our bartender was Britney and she was great) and the environment. We ate dinner when we arrived, and the food was great, and the waiter was very attentive. We can't complain about that experience at all. We would just like to see the rooms checked over a little more thoroughly in the future. Also, we would like to see an after-hours snack bar or even chips/soda for guests who want to purchase snacks when the restaurant isn't open. I know the bar is open 24 hours, so maybe it could be located in there? It's just such a hassle to go ask the valet to get your car, drive on the main street to grab some food, and come back to valet your car again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jessicalyn88
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It looks like you had some good and some bad experiences. I wish i had a chance to speak with you during your stay to correct your concerns. The Artisan strives to have the best service and product in Las Vegas. Please contact me on your next trip to Las Vegas and I will assure you a perfect stay.

Michael Swain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of the Artisan is very mellow and low key yet dark and mysterious. The low light and all the pictures everywhere made it very cool. I may have to check this hotel out for Halloween next year. The staff was friendly and the location is right behind the strip. Giving you enough quiet to regroup for more Vegas action.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Windy City Traveler,

Thank you for your kind review of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. I have to tell you, The Artisan is one of the most amazing places during Halloween. You must put that on your bucket list! Halloween at the Artisan is actually bigger than New Years Eve if you can belive that! Please feel free to contact me and I will assit you in booking your next reservation. Thank you again for your review!

Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Best place for a Wedding!

The attentiveness of the staff for my wedding party and my family were perfection. Everything went so smoothly and the coordinator was there for everything (even when I didn't need her!) I would recommend this place for any wedding, conventional or unconventional. The chapel was the perfect size for my ceremony, and the reception area was just beautiful with twinkle lights as the sun went down.

Michael Swain, Ashley Mendiola, Lucia Tovalin and the staff at the Artisan definitely made my day one to remember. I would refer this place to any new blushing bride!

Room Tip: Best place for a couples getaway. Rooms on higher floors and near pool are quieter.
Good Afternoon Jennifer,

Thank you for giving the Arisan Boutique Hotel the chance to host the most memorable day of your life. I am very pleased that you had such a great time and everything went so well. The staff loves to be apart of making memories. I will pass your kind words to them as well as our corporate office. Be sure to come back and spend your anniversaries with us too!

Woodland Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I mean I want to tell the world that its the best F&%*N place I've ever been in Vegas and I've been talking about it and tell all my friends about it every time we mention Vegas in a conversation since my first visit to this place tucked away off the strip that the sin city gods gave me in frickin February....At the same time....I want to keep it a secret lollllllll. I plan on coming back sometime in November for a 3-4 day birthday get away for a lucky sexy lady friend of mine. If I could live there I would...I dont mean Vegas itself.....I mean the frickin hotel dude. gasppp.....Where do I begin I mean the chicks, the mirrors everywhere....the elegance...the pool...the barrr...the outside space I was jumping on the couch and out of my witts....the hot deals...the rooms....the rooms man...and I met friends while I was staying there...and I was on this floor and that floor and this room and that room. My head is spinning riiiight now as we speak I can hear and feel the speakers right now as 9 oclock was around and you could feel the boom boom boom boom boom boom booom boo baa boom boom boom!! haha! Absolutely Magnificent Magnificent Magnificent quality people. Magnificent environment.. Magnificent memories that I wouldnt trade for a frickin thing I swear. As you can see....hence my reason for wanting to keep it secret. Unqualified friendly people and unqualified party people and unqualified manerable people shouldnt be there. I dread the person(s) that reads my review and equates my sanctuary to a jungle gym goes forth and changes the scene and environment to anything less than what I stated as a fact from the first time you met me. Heaven.....In the desert

Room Tip: You get sleep in the day time. Dont try to sleep at night and write bad reviews about a place youre...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sebastian2099
Hi Sebastian,

Wow, Thank you for this great reveiw. My favorite part of your review was "magnificent memories" I think that describes the Artisan the best, you will never leave the Artisan and
forget about your experience. We loook forward to having you come back soon. Thank You!

South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We spent last week in Las Vegas and had a great time....

Some people we met had been ro a wedding at the Artisan and recommended happy hour at the Artisan.....

We made the short trip there on Thursday about 6 PM. The Valet service was good then the experience went down hill fast from there.

The lobby and bar are grim, gloomy/depressing at best especially when no one is there, not even a desk clerk, bartender or waitress. Only three foreign tourists were in the lounge sitting and waiting without drinks...

We walked back out into the lobby and called and called,,, finally a bartender and clerk showed up from a backroom.... The bartender said he'd be into the bar shortly... We went back to the lounge, sat down on low chairs... finally the bartender walked in and by us and said "the chairs are low aren't they".... He got behind the bar and proceeded to ignore us..... No waitress, no service, no bartender..... After a grand total of 35 minutes in the lounge and lobyy.. we got up and walked past the bar, past the desk clerk and over and out to the valet....

We asked for our car and valet asked why were were leaving so soon so we told him. The Valet apologized and asked us to wait while he ran back in to see what was going on...... We told him no one was serving anyone. He got our car and left.......

We highly recommend not going to this Artisan place. time and money are better spent anywhere in Vegas... We have never walked out of a place in Vegas before so this was first.

R&B

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!
4 Thank BROmaha
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hello,

I apologize for the experience you had visiting the bar at The Artisan Boutique Hotel. I can assure you this is not typical and I have addressed your issues with all of the staff. Please contact me the next time you come to Las Vegas and I will make sure you have a great experience with timely service.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I'd found this through Lonely Planet and was looking for something not quite so "Vegas". How to describe it? The decor from lobby, bar, restaurant, elevators, hallways to your room is sort of dark/romantic/Goth/Addams Family. It's decidedly adult and has an edgy feel to it. Rooms were of average size and bath OK but a pedestal sink so not a lot of room to spread out your stuff. Internet very slow each time you open your computer, which was annoying. No ice on each floor so you have to go to the bar. No blow dryer, frig, micro, or coffee maker in your room. Not far from the strip but you can't walk there. It's located in an industrial area and near a freeway overpass so there's no way you can walk. Taxi to the strip is easily $10-15 each way. Good news is the hotel is completely non-smoking, including the bar and there is no gambling in the hotel, either. Valet service is part of the hotel at no cost each time you come and go. About $100 a night. Definitely a unique place with excellent ambience for couples. I don't know that I'd come again but glad for the experience. We stayed three nights.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the upper-most floors and away from the nightclub part of the hotel.
1 Thank Sintita
Hello Sintita,

Thank you for choosing the Artisan Boutique Hotel and Casino. Please feel free to contact me on your return visit. I would love to get the opportunity to have you stay again and be a little more pleasant of a stay.

Corvallis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on a layover. We chose it because of its proximity to the strip and for the after hours club. We were really pleased with the after hours club (great DJ spun mostly house and some electro).

We were sad to learn that though the hotel looks close to the strip on the map, there's a railroad track and a highway with no sidewalks and no crosswalks between the hotel and the strip. So walking wasn't an option. And unfortunately, the wait for a cab seemed to average about 15 minutes...

The room was a bit dark, but I think that was just due to the lighting. The shower was nice and the bed was clean. The hallway corridors could use some deep-cleaning, but overall the hotel room was clean and had a fun character to it.

The thing that was a bit of a surprise to us was that this is a hotel known for its swinger scene. If you're into that, then this is the place for you. Check out the top-optional pool party during the day! My boyfriend and I aren't into that, but we're open-minded, so didn't really care that that was the scene -- but it certainly explained some of the looks I was getting from the older men around the hotel... But really, no one bothered us about it, and it wasn't uncomfortable in the least. We didn't go to the pool party though...I'm sure that would have prompted a slightly different experience.

For the money, this is a good deal, and good for open-minded travelers who like to party!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sparrowwing
Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Artisan Boutique Hotel. The Artisan is a fun place to visit during the summer with the pool parties and nightclub events. I am happy you had such a good time and felt comfortable. Please come back out see us on you next trip to Las Vegas. Feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you with your reservations.