“Best Customer service in Vegas without a doubt!”
Review of Artisan Hotel

Artisan Hotel
Ranked #170 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Customer service in Vegas without a doubt!”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Went to the pool with a few buddies to check out their pool parties. Now I have been to Rehab and Wet Rupublic and the other pool sin Vegas for their parties, and their crazy. The Artisan has this unique charm about the place. From the second I set foot in the place, I was taken aback by the uniqeness of this hotel. Lots of art in the lobby. When we got to the pool, we were greeted by a few employees there! Something you dont encounter at Las Vegas pools very often. The pool is absolutely amazing! Crystal clear and very comfortable! The second we found a day bed, Jeremy, handed us towels and asked us if we needed anything. We said some drinks, and he said he would send someone over right away. Now at a mega resort, that takes like 5-10 minutes. Now, within a minute, Jessica, the waitress was over to take our drink order! AMAZING! Within 2 minutes, we had our drinks. The DJ's played some great house music too! After a while, Jeremy checked on us and took our empties and talked to us about the hotel! He asked us where we were from, and told him we were locals, and then he described the hotel, and all the services they offered! He also offered to give us a tour of the property! Him, and the rest of the staff made us feel like we were the most important people there! Again, truly amazing! Something you dont see or hear of from Vegas very much nowadays! By the end of the day there, we saw a room there and made reservations to stay there and have dinner. This place did not dissapoint at all! Kudos to the staff there. They simply are amazing!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
ARTISAN_MSWAIN, General Manager at Artisan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello,

My name is Michael Swain. I am the new General Manager of the Artisan Boutique Hotel. We have made many improvements over the past year. Please let me know if you would like to try coming back to the Artisan Hotel again.

Michael Swain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We did not stay at this hotel but had my grandmother's 80th birthday party out on the patio (there were about 25 people). While the hotel and patio had the cool 'goth super trendy rock-a-billy' vibe, the rest of the evening was so terrible!

Problems:
1. SERVICE TOOK FOREVER! We were seated outside and when the waiter came around for drink orders- we had to pay in cash or venture up to the bar. I ordered a diet coke-- which arrived to someone else's table an hour later. Later we went to the bar to get drinks and they had 1 girl behind the bar (on a Saturday night) who was a newbie as she kept asking some other fellow, drinking at the bar, how to make drinks and had problems opening wine bottles. It took us 30 minutes to get 3 drinks and the bar was relatively empty since it was only 8 pm.

2. CHARGE YOU FOR ONE THING AND GIVE YOU ANOTHER. The waiters came around to get our orders (chicken marsala or the fillet)- the menu had been predetermined when the party was reserved weeks ago. The food took 1.5-2 hrs to arrive (it's not like they did not know we were coming!). The 'fillet' turned out to be a very fatty new york strip--- not a fillet. But we were still charged for the 'fillet'. The carrots and greens were disgusting.

3. WAIT-STAFF WAS EXTREMELY RUDE!! One of our guests ordered 2 beers (ten dollars) and paid 20 dollars cash to the waiter . After 2 hrs the waiter had not returned with change so the guest nicely pointed out to the waiter that he had paid with a 20 and was waiting for 10 in change. The waiter said " that is the least of my worries right now'.

4. They never placed a private party sign on the patio door so we had drunks and girls looking like prostitutes wondering out into our party.

Had the tip not been built into the cost- I would have tipped nothing at all.

3. Thank goodness we managed to bring our own cake. Which took forever for them to bring out. The whole dinner event took 5 HOURS.

Thanks Artisan- I can't say enough to portray how terrible of an experience this was. You couldn't pay me to go back to that place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank alm4

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I booked for a weekend away to party and play in Las Vegas. I played, and the Artisan had the party all night long and it was nothing short of AWESOME!!!!!!! The staff here was the friendliest of any hotel I have ever stayed at, the service and food in their restaurant was off the charts, the party at pool and so much fun that I didn't even mind the sunburn. I enjoyed their afterhours party in their UltraLounge the most. Music/Drinks & Dance all night long on Friday and Saturday nights until the sun came up. This place has it all!! The Best Party in las Vegas!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review of the Aritsan Boutique Hotel. My name is Michael Swain, I am the new General Manager. Please let me know if you would like to come back and have another great experience.

Ithaca
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We were married at the Artisan in May and being from NY, we had to plan it long distance. When we got there the wedding was Great. We also had our reception dinner there and it was delicious and the service was exceptional. Unfortunately, these positives are eclipsed by the fact that the wait staff did not properly charge us and we were charged twice for our dinner and had to deal with that when we got home. We also did not get our engraved cake knife returned to us after the dinner and they seem to have lost it. But, by far the worst is the fact that we have still not received our photographs. We paid for them in our package, ordered them off the website, contacted the Hotel and do not have them. Be careful when choosing the Artisan for your wedding and make sure they do exactly what they say they will.‎

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We saw the hotel advertised through Trip Advisor. It offered a special price over the holiday weekend so we took a chance. We only read the earlier reviews after we booked the reservation. Although we would likely not stay there again, would definitely recommend it to the younger crowd who likes to party.

The hotel is hard to find - enter from W. Sahara; go under the freeway and turn right onto Highland (keep eyes open for the turn off) and then turn right again into the Artisan parking lot.

Exterior is attractive and auto court is lushly decorated, despite it's small size-a nice secluded feel. Didn't hear freeway noise.

Valet service is fast and prompt -- very courteous and knowledgeable employees.

Interior lobby and rooms are dimly lit but attractively furnished --- lots of wall hangings and antique-type furniture.

Nice bar (drinks pricey $10 for bourbon and coke). Restaurant onsite but we didn't eat there. All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We stayed for the long 4th of July weekend (3 nights). There was a mix of customers staying there (young, families with small children, etc.).

Pool area is small and oriented to the young and hip generation (20's and early 30's) singles. Didn't feel comfortable going poolside since it felt like a private party for the younger crowd - loud music - they seemed to be having lots of fun. We are 61 y/o active seniors but not hardbodies.

Loud music at the swimming pool until the holiday's Monday evening - it became noticeably quiet.

We stayed in room #305 and could hear the bass beat from the bar throughout the night except it got quiet by Monday morning; it resumed on Tues. morning when we were departing though. With the air conditioner on and the ceiling fan blades turning, the bass sound was manageable for sleeping. It did not drown out our tv sound and we were able to sleep. Our room faced the back of the Trump tower and the Wynn, as well as other Strip hotels. No freeway noise from our room either.

Rooms clean; maid service fine. Rooms are adequately sized; king bed is large and comfortable; linens and towels are clean, white and attractive and so is the bathroom (has exhaust fan, nightlight and blowdryer). A great square shower head - wonderful after a day running around in the LV sunshine.

Combination safe in room, no coffee pot in-room, no refrigerator, has High Def TV (nice!), HBO, no vending machine on floor. No ice machines on the floors - only ice source was the onsite bar and the ice bucket.

Not much walking (good) since compound overall is small. Elevators to get between floors.

Fitness center had bar bells and a walking type machine which exercises arms and legs - not fancy style.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Activeseniorjuly2010

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We got married at the Artisan last Mother's Day and I can't say enough good things about it! I was planning my wedding from 3,000 miles away all from photographs and Maria there was AMAZING! I couldn't have done it without her help. She was always helpful and answered any and all questions I had for her, and I had a lot!

It is a great little boutique hotel off of the strip. Now, we did not stay there, we just had our wedding there in their Garden Chapel. I loved that we were in Las Vegas, but it didn't feel like your typical Las Vegas wedding chapel. This space was beautiful! I am going to include photos so you can see for yourself. Their wedding packages were really reasonable, and quite flexible too, unlike most locations in Las Vegas.

We were able to pay a little extra to bring our own photographer, which was really important to me. Their florist is fantastic and does amazing work. I was able to speak with her beforehand to email photos of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and what I wanted all the other flowers to be. I was able to pay the difference and get flowers for my parents, grandparents and upgrade by bouquet to be exactly as I envisioned. The only thing I was not overly impressed with was our wedding video. We paid $150 extra to get more than a camcorder on a tripod, but I feel it was a bit of a waste of money. The DVD I got was a whopping 9 minutes long and really poor quality. But at the end of the day, I do have a wedding video.

I did not partake, but my wedding guests said the bar there was great (we were busy taking photos after the ceremony). I have absolutely no regrets about getting married at the Artisan and have received a lot of compliments on how great my wedding was and how impressed they were.

The entire hotel photographs beautifully and makes a great wedding backdrop. If photography is important to you and you want something a little different than your typical Vegas chapel, I highly suggest the Artisan.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ChristinaMcC

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Loved the decor, has a great bar scene. Close to the strip but feels secluded. Great atmosphere and staff. Happening Bar/Club, I wish our our adult children could have been there they would of loved it. Maybe next time.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with family