“Great Week at HGVC on the Strip”

Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard
Ranked #40 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Weston, Florida
“Great Week at HGVC on the Strip”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We traveled from Ft. Lauderdale with 8 people including kids, the week of June 13 through June 20 2009. HGVC was very accommodating, hooking us up in the new tower, close to the elevator on a high floor in adjacent rooms which is everything we requested. They were friendly at the front desk. The lobby is beautiful and in a circular pattern on two levels with a staircase leading down to the plentiful Marketplace, gym and Active lounge with wide screen TV and pool and ping pong tables. Easy access to ample pool area which has two pools and several hot tubs, some hotter than others. We did get 4-6 chairs pretty much everyday but I got to the pool before 9 each day. 2 bedroom suites were clean well decorated and spacious for 4-6 people and offered free wifi, a large flat screen and a wonderful Bose sound system which we enjoyed loud everyday without ever a complaint. Kitchen was clean and large with all the useful gadgets. Bathrooms were good size but the water in the shower was a little erratic in temperature and the TP could be upgraded, an easy trip to CVS next door will take care of that.
Beds and pillows were extraordinarily comfortable, very impressed. TV has a full range of channels and is also a flat screen in the bedroom. Bedrooms are well sound proofed from living areas but not the bathroom. Parking garage was built for the whole property which will eventually have 4-5 towers and is currently quite a walk from the current towers and cars have to be parked on the 4th floor or above, valet may be worth the extra 5 bucks a day so you can call ahead. Bell staff was great, helpful and friendly. Elevators are fast and readily available. No pressure from time share people at all. Bar at pool gets busy and is somewhat understaffed so be prepared. Location is surrounded by construction right now which is not loud or dusty but makes for quite a walk anywhere you go except for CVS which is right next door.I will write more as I think of it...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ssource

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (832)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 June 2009

This is a great place to stay in Vegas. I have lived near Vegas all my life so my stays tend to push away from the usual noisy casinos. No complaints. What i likes was they had dishes, forks and knives and a refridge in the room. You can go to the store and stock up on food and conveniently live in the room without having to do room service etc...

One day we were so hung over, we ordered lunch at a nice Italian restaurant but were unable to eat all the food due to our uneasy stomach! So we took the doggie bag of food back to the hotel, put it in the refrigerator. After our recovery nap we were able to take the left overs, put it in the microwave provided, the eat the food on the plates and silverware provided – that rocked!!! So easy and convenient! At the pool there are barbeques there for anyone to use. Bring your own meat and cook it!! Just so so cool! The pool was nice and the Jacuzzis were excellent. In the hotel they had a store (if you didn’t want to go to the local grocery store) where you can buy food for the room. I liked it there. If you drive, Self Park, it saves you 5 bucks each day.
I liked the stay there. Location, it is off a bit from the strip, however, there are more and more new hotels being build near the stratosphere, so there is more near the hotel. The fasion mall is near the hotel .. the mall has excellent shops!!
Staff were very friendly. Internet was excellent and free.
Do not take a taxi, it is now 10/15 bucks just to get to the main area. It was never this expensive years back. What we did is get a daily rail pass of 13.00 each person. You can cross at the Sahara hotel and get the rail to the main area.
All and all it was a great escape from the main hotels. This is a resort, there is not casino in the hotel. Also note, get a Hilton membership card as the points can be automatically converted to virgin air miles!!!

Boulder, CO
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Let me start by saying I have stayed here in the past. As Hilton Platinum I typically receive a room upgrade and/or breakfast. In the past I've stayed in the one bedroom suites and they are nice with a kitchen and separate bath and shower.

This trip I was booked into a "studio". When I say it was no different than a typical Motel 6, I'm serious. It was very small, the word cramped comes to mind. The hotel was maybe 50% capacity, although the check-in person who was really nice although a bit clueless kept saying we have a lot of people who own a HGV stake staying here.

I guess if you own a HGV membership for a one bedroom suite, sure it's a good place to stay. Otherwise, with the current offers available on the strip I would not stay here again.

LOCATION
As previously mentioned, location is down strip a bit although you can walk to Sahara casino if you want to gamble. There is a CVS within a 3 minute walk where you can get snacks, drinks, etc.. to bring back to room.

CHECK-IN
The check-in was slow considering there were 3 people checking in guests and only 2 people ahead of me in line when I arrived at 8:30pm. It took about 20 minutes. I knew I was in trouble when the woman checking me in said we have a great room in tower 2, where i had stayed in the past, then she sad "h actually no that is not available, but i have another great room in tower 1." When I got to the room it was awful, it appears some room have been remodeled, so ask at check-in if you are getting an remodeled room.

ROOM
As noted BIG difference between one bedroom suite which was nice and studio which was awful. In need of updating. Neither room had flat screen TV. Otherwise, was clean, but nothing "fancy".

NOTE: There is no casino on the property which I like as I was out here for work and it was a distraction free lobby.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelBoulder
Paraburdoo
Reviewed 13 June 2009

It is a hotel, not a casino. Has really great staff, the rooms are clean and provides great value for mo.ney. Close to all Vegas land marks. Would visit again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Although this hotel lacks the spice of the other hotels in Las Vegas it is a very nice place to stay. I was in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for us 3 travelers. The hotel itself did not have a casino or any restaurants but its situated on the strip so you are not too far from all the action. The pool area was gorgeous and the climate in November beautiful! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Saabi13
Perrysburg, OH
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here as part of a timeshare presentation package. This is a decent hotel, certainly not one that will blow your socks away, but nice enough. The pool was great. There was plenty of seating and spots in and out of the sun (though we were there on weekdays, so it might have been busier on the weekend). The rooms were nice, clean, and adequate. The housekeeping left a bit to be desired the second day around, but all in all, we enjoyed the room.

Don't expect to be right in the heart of the action. I knew this before we arrived, having been to the Strip many times before. There's a monorail that runs all day and is accessible through the Sahara (across the street from the hotel, about a 5 minute walk) that will take you to all the bigger casinos.

This is a good place to go if you want to be in a quieter part of the strip, don't mind walking to get to a casino, and are okay with the pool bar as being your sole source of quick eats (otherwise, you have to leave the hotel to get some food). Did I mention that I loved the pool? :)

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Vacationed in Vegas for a week. Started out staying in the Bellagio, but moved to Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the strip through RCI (as planned). Believe it or not, we liked it much more that the Bellagio. We didn't have to walk to miles to get to our room. Our suite was quite roomy and very comfortable. We had a nice size kitchen, dinette, small den, fairly small bathroom and bedroom, but we did have a King size bed.

The pools were wonderful! A little bar and grill by the pool. Small deli/coffee shop/store with extremely overpriced foods. However, the coffee and tea were great! A cab ride down to the main area of the Vegas strip cost us around $15. Discovered a wonderful diner called The Peppermill, within walking distance. Directly across the street from The Stratosphere. A pharmacy was also within walking distance where you could buy much less expensive beverages and snacks to take back to your room.

The location is not in the heart of the strip, but at the end of it. Close enough for comfort and it was nice to get away from the mobs. Cabs were plentiful and we never had to wait in line to catch one! (Unlike the hotels in the heart of the strip). Staff was friendly and accommodating.

No complaints. We'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple