“Excellent Facility, Clean, Convenient and Well-Run”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #92 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
White, Georgia
“Excellent Facility, Clean, Convenient and Well-Run”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Located just across the Interstate from the Strip, this is a very nice alternative to the noise, hustle congestion and high prices of the casino district. If you have a car, any place in Vegas is quickly and easily accessible, including the Airport and car rental facilities. (On foot, however, you're out of luck.)

We flew in and out, making two one-night visits separated by about a week. Rooms were spacious, convenient and priced attractively. Housekeeping was immaculate. Easy parking. Good breakfast every morning in the lobby. A good value sacrificing nothing but the glitz.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thanks for your comments!
We take pride in everything that we do, including good service, clean rooms, variety of breakfast and proximity to the strip! I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Carlsbad
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is an awesome place to stay, easy access to freeway, strip and airport. It is in the quite location. Free brackfast has different choices each day. Staffs are very helpful and professional, especially the front desk Dhessie. She makes your stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thanks for your feedback. I am excited to share this comment with Dhessie and the rest of the team at our morning meeting. Comments like yours remind us of why we work in hospitality!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This was my first experience at staying at an Residence Inn, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were there for three weeks, and in all that time, I found the staff to be courteous, friendly, helpful and pleasant to be around. We had a two bedroom suite, which was layed out nicely. The daily breakfasts were of good quality with something to fit everyone's choices. Three nights a week there is an light supper that you are free to take in at no charge. There is a shuttle service that runs from the hotel to different places so that is convenient as well. The housekeeping staff were excellent and very efficient. Our stay was enjoyable and my grandson commented that the pool and spa were the cleaniest he had ever been in. When my daughter joined us for the stay, she had her cat with her, and there was no problems with having the pet with us. The staff treated the cat like a guest as well and were always careful when entering the room that the cat did not get out. We could not have asked for better treatment. I definately will be going back to this hotel on my next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for your feedback. It was a pleasure having you and your family staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The family arrived on the red eye from Atlanta and we could not wait to check in to our hotel. We stayed one night at the Residence Inn as we were headed to the Grand Canyon the following day. Upon arrival at the hotel, around 2 AM, the night clerk was extremely friendly and efficient at check in.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. The hotel is a bit dated and is probably in need of a refurb soon.

The included breakfast was of average quality for the typical Residence Inn, but was OK.

I would not hesitate to stay again. Thanks Residence Inn for the good stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Gold River, California
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed at this lovely Residence Inn for two wonderful weeks! Beautiful quiet room and as usual the breakfast etc was fabulous! Bryan Zeitlin the General Manager and Richard Aguila the Assistant General Manager are the greatest! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, a room by the pool just ask, the staff is fantastic!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my son October 25-27. I chose this hotel because it offerred a 2-bedroom suite at relatively reasonable room rate and is located near the south end of the Strip, but away from Strip congestion. The 2-room suite has two bedrooms that each have their own bathrooms and tvs and a nice-size living room/kitchenette with a third tv. The hot breakfast is included in the room rate and is satisfactory, other than the absence of bacon. The pool deck area is somewhat small, but there are other seating areas outside the fenced pool area. This location also has a Marriott Fairfield Inn and Couryard Marriott. The location is just a short trip across I-15 on Russell Road to Frank Sinatra Drive which runs along the west side of the Strip beginning at Mandala Bay. This allows a quick trip to the back side of the Strip hotels on the west side of the Strip to eat in their various restaurants or take in shows without having to trapse through as much of the casino areas as front entry requires. You can enter their parking structures right off of Frank Sinatra Drive. The location also allows a quick trip south on Las Vegas Blvd. to the Towne Center for shopping and some nice restaurants and also to one of the premium outlet malls just south of the airport. There are no restaurants, shopping or entertainment venues within walking distance, so you need a rental car if you plan to eat outside the hotel, though hot evening meals are provided and the next-door Courtyard Marriott has a order-off-the menu restaurant. There is air traffic nearby during the day, but I didn't notice any during nighttime hours.

I encountered only two problems: 1) I arrived at 100pm for an early check-in because my plane arrived late morning. I had advised the reservationist of that intention when I booked the hotel room. However, when I arrived, I was told no 2-room suites were available yet, which was annoying given my reservation notation. I then left the hotel to eat lunch and returned at 200 pm to check in. Still no 2-bedroom suites available. So, I sat in the outdoor seating area, checking about every 15 minutes for availability. At exactly 300 pm, a room was available. Though I knew 300 pm was the official check-in time, I found it somewhat un-customer friendly for the hotel to completely ignore my reservation request for early check-in and then make no effort to prioritize cleaning of a 2-bedroom suite upon my arrival at 100 pm. It seems to me that the hotel manager could have easily called housekeeping upon my arrival and directed an early cleaning of a 2-bedroom suite for a Marriott Rewards member who had arrived at 100 pm. This is the first time I've been denied early check-in at a Marriott hotel. 2) On three separate occasions, I could not get onto the internet, and one other time I was on the internet and lost connection. After two half-hour calls to tech support, the tech support representative's supervisor told me that it was not my PC, it was due to insufficient band width to this property and that there may be numerous guests streaming on the internet. I later reported this to the hotel manager, who indicated he would contact their internet service provider. Nonetheless, for a guest on a quick get-away trip on a schedule, inability to connect to the internet was a very frustrating experience. The hotel manager's reponses to these problems were: comp'd my room for one of three nights for the internet problem, and provided four free bottled drinks to offset the early check-in denial. So, the hotel is not customer-unfriendly, but management should work on preventing these problems not just after-the-fact offsets.

The rooms had comfortable queen-size beds with large closets. HVAC system was excellent with wall-mounted thermostats and continuous fans for white noise. Bathroom sinks had cabinets underneath for storage of toiletries. The single elevator was very slow for this size hotel, so using the stairs was a common experience. Message to hotel-designers/builders: don't skimp on elevator costs. Guests on business trips and even vacations don't want to spend time waiting for and traveling on glacial-speed elevators on a daily basis. Specify the fastest elevators available and install multiple elevators on larger hotels. USA Today and the local newspaper were available in the lobby in abundance. Parking was adequate.

I recommend this hotel for families or business travelers who want stay in Las Vegas off the Strip and would stay here in the future if I needed a two-room suite.

Room Tip: First or second floors offer shorter trips on the stairs if you are staying at the hotel during the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SpringfieldGuy
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our trip to Las Vegas was certainly made better by the service and staff at the Residence Inn. We were provided with a free hot breakfast daily and 3 evening meals as well. The staff made printed directions available not only for attractions in L.V. but also to places such as Zion National Park in Utah, Death Valley in California and Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. The staff (especially manager, Richard) was particularly friendly and polite - always looking out for ways to provide service and assistance. The location is convenient to the airport and only a couple of blocks off the strip. A shuttle service is provided to several downtown locations which made getting around town simple and efficient. They even provide a "grocery shopping" service at no extra charge. We will certainly stay there on our next trip to Vegas.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple