“Loved this place!”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #92 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 April 2013

What a find! Can't say anything bad about this hotel. Location was great! After a day on the strip it was so nice to go back to a quiet place removed from all the bustle. The room was perfect - we had 5 in our group and had a two room, two bath suite with a pull out in the the livingroom. The breakfast was superb and filled us up so we could spend the day on the strip and then go for a late lunch/early dinner at one of the many buffets that are offered at the casinos. (The front desk suggested the Belagio and Ceasers and we tryed both and weren't disappointed!) Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable. It was too cold out to enjoy the pool.....will save that for the next trip:) Overall, if you don't mind or don't want to be on the strip and are looking for a beautiful, comfortable hotel, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandcrab
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for staying with your group and sharing your feedback. I too, love our Two Bedroom Suites. I personally use these when traveling with family and friends. Its a great way to share a space but maintain your privacy. With 2 seperate bedrooms, 2 seperate bathrooms, and a common living area you cant really beat the value! We'll see you the next time you are in town!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Las Vegas South

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I was in Vegas for a week and work paid for my hotel since I was there for business. I could've stayed at a plusher hotel, but I wanted somewhere that would offer breakfast, help with what to do and not to do while in Vegas, more low key and a happy hour. The hotel didn't offer happy hour which was surprising as most Residence Inn's do. However, breakfast was full on buffet, not just bread and deserts. I knew that I would have a refrigerator and that Vegas would be expensive so I stocked up with a few supplies that needed refrigeration.

Also, help at the Front Desk was always welcome and one lady (bhessie??) gave a lot of hints on where to/not to park (I had a rental), where to go, what to see, etc.

No weird noises that the hotel couldn't take care of.

- Free shuttle to Madalay Bay, and the Airport. (I had a rental, but nice add on).
- Complimentary breakfast from 6am - 9:30am (nothing fancy, eggs, potatoes, fruit, bagels, yogurt, COFFEE!)
- Complimentary apetizers - I was told that they had this, but never saw it. Not a big deal as there is so much to do there.
- Clean room and linens.

I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on inside wall if bright parking lot lights bother you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback on my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed yourserlf. I think the Front Desk Clerk you were looking to recognize was Dhessie. She is a tenured Front Desk Clerk and she is an asset to the team. Her along with everyone at the hotel are here to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights over spring break. We had a 2 room suite. It was very roomy and had 2 bathrooms which was very nice. Each room including the living room had a LCD tv. The kitchen area had dishes and utensils for most needs. The full size fridge had am ice maker. One neat thing is that there were 2 nice gas grills for use- the front desk provided the grilling tools. We grilled out a nice steak. The pool was warm and there were nice lounge chairs.
Nice breakfast each morning with biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and the usual cereals and breads.
Business center had computer and printer for use - we printed out boarding passes.
Overall, we enjoyed the modern and clean hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for staying. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for a business trip. I have to start off by saying the STAFF (Dhessi), is so very nice and helpful. I was overly stressed with the flight, taxi to the hotel and needed to set up a ride to my conference. Needless to say the staff helped me locate a co-worker in helping me. I thought that was so beautiful because she went the extra mile to help me. She also, wrote directions to our facility. Having the morning breakfast in the lobby was nice, healthy and convenient, especially for the business people who have to get on the road early. Grab a bite on the way out. They also have social nights, which if you wanted to wrap a snack before going out. It was helpful, if you had a busy day and wanted to grab a snack while resting in the room. Before your evening outing. Before checking out (Andrew) help put my rewards card together, I am so thankful he helped because after have 5 long business days, I was exhausted and he went the extra mile to help put it all together and drop it at my room. The staff here is so amazing they WILL go the EXTRA effort to HELP You. Thank you for letting me have such a beautiful, worry, restful week. The rooms where very clean and the overall facility as well. Blessings to the next travelers. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Speak to Dhessi, she will put you in the best spot, for your accommodation (no stairs, view, next to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of Dhessie, Andrew and the rest of the team, we appreciate your comments!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for past 3 years regularly on my business trips. atleast five time a year for more than 1 month stay each time. rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly. I really enjoyed all my stay so far. Special thanks to Dhessie who is so polite and friendly and takes care of all your concerns. I am really impressed by her professionalism. Looking forward for more stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

I am glad Dhessie makes an impact on your visits to my hotel. We are proud to have her as a tenured Front Desk Associate. Come back soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Clean, well maintained facilities. My wife & I reserved a one-bedroom unit through Travel Advantage Network, and were generally happy with the properety. Furnishings in the unit were not luxurious; but, they were more than acceptable. The on-site coin-operated laundry was much better than I would have expected. In our building, there were three washers, and six dryers; all clean, and in proper operating condition. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The free morning breakfast is just amazing. There's lots of variety, and they just keep refilling,an restocking everything until everyone's well fed. The free shuttle runs to the New York New York casino on an hourly schedule. Another free shuttle runs every half hour to Mandalay Bay. They will also take you to a nearby shopping center for groceries and other shopping, And, if you want, they will even do your grocery shopping for you on weekdays! The location can be a little noisy at times (after all, it is right across the expressway from the airport). It may take a day or two to get used to all the helicopter flights coming and going.
The only real complaint we had was with the kitchen furnishings. The kitchen does not include an oven; although there is a two burner cooktop, and a microwave. There was no microwave-safe cookware in the unit; all of the pots and pans were metal, and therefore not usable in the microwave. There were very few cooking utensils of any kind. And, in a unit that is supposed to handle up to four occupants, was not more than four of anything. There were less than four of a number of items: like teaspoons and cereal bowls. The dishwasher was almost superfluous; it probably wouldn't have been completely full if we had washed everything at once. If they would simply replace items that get broken or "go missing", there wouldn't be any real shortcomings. It's actually nice to not be right in the middle of the 24/7 activity of The Strip sometimes.

We're staying here again this spring. This time in a two-bedroom unit; our adult daughter is coming with us this time. Hopefully we have more than two bowls in that unit.

Room Tip: Units on the West side may be quieter than the unit we were in. Take advantage of the shuttles; the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAS-PGH
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Under Brian's (G.M.) supervision, this hotel has fulfilled all our expectations. The staff is fully dedicated to meet guests' needs and comfort in every aspect of what one would normally expect from a stay in a Residence Inn Marriott. The shuttle service to and from the Strip is a real plus for those who choose not to bother driving around.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple