“Great for families”

Ranked #91 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Boston
“Great for families”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here twice in the span of two weeks. We did not do very much in Las Vegas as it's not really our thing and we were only there to go to the National Parks in Utah.

First, they upgraded me twice to a 2 bedroom suite. I was there with my family so it was appreciated. A lot of Residence Inns won't do it even for platinum (which I am). The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good.

The hotel has shuttles to a couple of spots so you don't have to worry about driving or parking.

The pool was great for kids.

The only con is that it's in an industrial neighborhood near the highway. Occasionally there is airport noise. The noise from outside did bother me a bit at night.

1 Thank Sadie_NB
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thanks for staying at my hotel with your family. I am glad you enjoyed your Two Bedroom Suite upgrade! They are spacious and great for families. We are convenient to the Las Vegas Strip, and just off the freeway which provides easy access to Utah Parks…which are amazing to visit! I am sorry any outside noise was bothersome. We look forward to having your family back the next time you visit Las Vegas!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We rode in to Las Vegas from Colorado on our Harley and we were exhausted. I asked for the quietest room for rest. We were put in room #400 and it had a wonderful view of the strip. The Hotel offers free shuttle service to NYNY or Mandalay Bay Convention Center. We had difficulty with pick up timing on returning to hotel. Sometimes the shuttle arrived early or late and left within a minute of arriving. The overall stay was great. The staff very helpful, the breakfast was good. There was plenty of dining space. We enjoyed a visit to Costco Wholesale to buy a pizza, water, and snacks while on the strip. If you want to enjoy Las Vegas without the noise and light of the strip, then this is a good choice!

Room Tip: Fourth floor for peace!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mktg45
Thanks for sharing your 30th Wedding Anniversary with us in Las Vegas! Our shuttle service goes to Mandalay Bay every 30 minutes and NYNY every hour. We also make stops at the bottom of the hour to Town Square Mall and Airport Drop-offs (we do not pickup). I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time catching the shuttles on the way back to the hotel. I have spoken with our drivers to ensure they are waiting enough time to see if anyone is waiting at our stops.
I hope you enjoyed the Costco Pizza-it’s my favorite!
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here 6 days. When we arrived everything was ready. We had a two bedroom suite which included two full bedrooms with their bathrooms, living area and fully equipped kitchen. Our room was toward the front so we were overlooking Mandalay Bay. This hotel is about a mile off the strip and has a shuttle which takes you to the strip where you can connect to other areas by tram and monorail. It also has a hot breakfast served everyday with variety. The staff was helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our 12 day road trip. I prefer hotels off the strip because they don't charge that annoying "Resort Fee." There were 4 of us in a 2 bedroom suite which worked out well. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. We encountered a problem within a half hour of our arrival. We had unpacked and were headed out to the strip when we discovered the door to our suite would not lock. We did not notice a problem with it when we first entered the suite. We opened and closed the door, we examined the locking mechanisms and we realized the door was not aligned properly which prevented it from locking. We called the front desk and the woman who answered said to "give her five minutes" to get someone. We wrongly assumed someone would be at our room in five minutes. About a half hour later, we called the front desk again. This time she said she would check on the person she had called, who apparently was not even on the property. The longer we waited, the more annoyed we became and the 2 older persons in our group decided they didn't want to go out anymore. Finally, a guy shows up, examines the door, takes a part off of it and announces that while the door would now lock, he would need to return in the morning with another part to complete the fix. The next morning, a different guy shows up, looks at it and announces that he doesn't have a piece that he needs and would have to return. Eventually, the door did get fixed and worked properly, but what an annoying start to our road trip!
Aside from the door, everything else about our stay was good. We loved the beds, especially the pillows. The shower was wonderful with good water pressure. 3 members of our group had the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed it. Parking was an issue as when we returned late both nights, there was no parking available. We ended up parking in the adjacent parking lot, which belonged to another Marriott hotel.
Despite the door issue, which I doubt would ever happen again, I would consider staying at this property on our next visit to Vegas.

1 Thank Hoopmom
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your experience. I am sorry to read about your trouble with your door lock. I am sure it was extremely frustrating, especially at the beginning of your long trip. As maintenance issues do arise, I am glad my team was able to rectify the issue; though not completed on the first go around.
I am glad the remainder of your stay was satisfactory with our comfortable beds and great water pressure in the showers. For those who were able to partake in breakfast, I am glad they found that to be a good start to the morning.
The next time you visit Las Vegas I invite you to give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
I hope the rest of your road trip was exciting and adventurous!
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here with family in a 2 bedroom for two nights. Far better than the Hughes center one. Very well maintained and kept. Clean.... My wife who worked as a house keeper in hotels was impressed.

Comfy beds for a residence inn. Good breakfast. Great airport shuttle that dropped off family so they did not have to worry about returning rental day of.

Would gladly stay here again if I needed it on my next Vegas trip.

Good location.... If you have a car. Close to tons of shopping and silverton casino and bass pro.

Nice pool as well.

1 Thank aeromaks
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Behind Mandalay Bay, so it's close to the Strip when you want action but far enough away to avoid the conjestion. Easy access on/off the fwy when you want to go downtown, to the other strip casinos, or coming home and want to stop at In N Out for a late snack. Hotel is VERY clean, staff is VERY polite and accommodating. I would leave a note for the housekeeper for extra items and when we return there they were. Breakfast is included and is very good. My fave, Belgium waffles. Coffee is available 24 hrs. When you're ready to retire for the evening it is very peaceful. The FULL kitchen is wonderful. For the price it is well worth it, especially since breakfast is included. They even have free WIFI in the room, not just in the lobby. We've been staying here for years and wouldn't change.

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are 100 or 122, ground floor, corner rooms with lots of light. Close to the lobby...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathleen K
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback about your experience at my hotel. I am glad you found the rooms clean and our staff polite. I have always enjoyed our corner Studio Suites like 100 and 120 which are the same rooms but have a great location in the hotel. I actually stayed in one when I relocated to the area. In N Out is just minutes away and is great for burger lovers everywhere. If you didn’t know, search for their “secret menu” which has offerings not features on their actual menu! See you next time!
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was a bit nervous staying at this hotel before I arrived, thinking that "all" hotels off the strip are dingy. But to my surprise, this hotel was a great change from the hectic, smoky, loud, hotels of the strip. I went on a work trip and will definitely be staying there when I go for work. I appreciate the complimentary water and chips and the fact that there isn't any gambling on the premises.

Pros: No gambling, smoke free, not a gigantic hotel, great staff, easy to get to from the airport, clean. They run free shuttles to the airport and to the Mandalay Bay

Cons: If you go down to the lobby area around 9 am, it becomes a feeding frenzy of people that had just woken up from a long night! The pool is hilarious... small rock feature.. ooohh ahhh!

Overall: Great place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TJ2112
Thank you for staying at my hotel. You as well as many of our guests enjoy the fact that our hotel is Non-Gaming/Non Smoking. We do offer our complimentary Shuttles to and from the strip (Mandalay Bay every 30 minutes and NYNY ever hour).
We do offer complimentary breakfast daily and at times the area can become congested. We do offer a daily schedule with hours that allow people to come and go freely as they like. I always suggest coming early if you want to avoid a line, however we always have food available during our posted times.