“Large, comfy, full-featured” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Iowa City, Iowa
“Large, comfy, full-featured”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place close to McCarran for overnight stays on our way into and out of Las Vegas. We chose the Residence Inn, and we were very glad we did.

The staff were exceptionally accommodating. When we checked in the first night, we were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite at no charge. On our way back, we arrived ridiculously early. I was sure we'd be told we couldn't check in yet, but the desk clerk gave us a room immediately.

The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet, with a full kitchen. We enjoyed the outdoor pool--daytime temps were in the 100s F! The free breakfast was pretty typical for an American motel; it did not disappoint. We made use of the free shuttle to Mandalay Bay for a night out one evening.

All in all, my wife and I were very happy with our stays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. Like you, I find our hotel Large, Comfy, and full featured. We are just minutes away from the Las Vegas Airport and provide complimentary drop-off service on your day of departure.
Any time we have rooms available mid-morning and beyond on your arrival day we make it a point to get our guests checked in. There is no sense in having an empty room that guests are ready to get into. Traveling can be difficult and stressful. We are here to make it easier.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Great for those traveling on business or for those that want a quiet hotel away from the strip. I was traveling for work so this hotel was convenient. The parking is right outside your door. Not like the casino hotels where you have to park far away in the self park or wait for the valet. When you're on business you don't want to waste time waiting in some valet line. Same thing with checking in and then walking to your room. Last thing I want to do is walk through a crowded casino to get to the elevator and then walk forever to get to the room. Staying at the Residence Inn is so much easier than being on the strip. And the good thing is that the strip is extremely close. So you truly can experience the best of both if you really want to.

Clean and courteous staff. Breakfast and evening snacks were excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank love_HNL
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you found our hotel comfortable for your travel needs. My team and I pride ourselves in offering a clean hotel with courteous service. It’s nice to be able to start your day with our complimentary breakfast and you can unwind with our evening social.
Longwood,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Traveling with our young-adult son and daughter, we were looking for space, without always renting two hotel rooms each night for two weeks. This was a great find, a good value. We had a two-bedroom, 2 bath suite, with small living room and kitchen. The rooms are not really large, but they are comfortable, and the best point for us is the privacy of separate rooms. This hotel had one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever been to at a hotel. In a week, you could eat something different (and hot!) every day! Plenty of good, and good hours on the buffet. Very helpful front-desk staff. The hotel is not on the strip, and it's not a big fancy venue like the name brand hotels on the strip. On the other hand, after a day and evening on the strip, it was nice to retreat to a quieter street. The hotel has a convenient shuttle service back and forth to the strip that our kids took advantage of. For the price and space and breakfast, I'd recommend it. If you want to be on the strip, look elsewhere. I, for one, was glad to stay off the strip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback. I am glad you were able to relax in our off strip hotel while still enjoying Las Vegas. Our Two-Bedroom Suites are great for families. You have 1 room, while having 2 separate guest bedrooms and bathrooms. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here twice in the span of two weeks. We did not do very much in Las Vegas as it's not really our thing and we were only there to go to the National Parks in Utah.

First, they upgraded me twice to a 2 bedroom suite. I was there with my family so it was appreciated. A lot of Residence Inns won't do it even for platinum (which I am). The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good.

The hotel has shuttles to a couple of spots so you don't have to worry about driving or parking.

The pool was great for kids.

The only con is that it's in an industrial neighborhood near the highway. Occasionally there is airport noise. The noise from outside did bother me a bit at night.

1 Thank Sadie_NB
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thanks for staying at my hotel with your family. I am glad you enjoyed your Two Bedroom Suite upgrade! They are spacious and great for families. We are convenient to the Las Vegas Strip, and just off the freeway which provides easy access to Utah Parks…which are amazing to visit! I am sorry any outside noise was bothersome. We look forward to having your family back the next time you visit Las Vegas!
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We rode in to Las Vegas from Colorado on our Harley and we were exhausted. I asked for the quietest room for rest. We were put in room #400 and it had a wonderful view of the strip. The Hotel offers free shuttle service to NYNY or Mandalay Bay Convention Center. We had difficulty with pick up timing on returning to hotel. Sometimes the shuttle arrived early or late and left within a minute of arriving. The overall stay was great. The staff very helpful, the breakfast was good. There was plenty of dining space. We enjoyed a visit to Costco Wholesale to buy a pizza, water, and snacks while on the strip. If you want to enjoy Las Vegas without the noise and light of the strip, then this is a good choice!

Room Tip: Fourth floor for peace!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mktg45
Thanks for sharing your 30th Wedding Anniversary with us in Las Vegas! Our shuttle service goes to Mandalay Bay every 30 minutes and NYNY every hour. We also make stops at the bottom of the hour to Town Square Mall and Airport Drop-offs (we do not pickup). I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time catching the shuttles on the way back to the hotel. I have spoken with our drivers to ensure they are waiting enough time to see if anyone is waiting at our stops.
I hope you enjoyed the Costco Pizza-it’s my favorite!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here 6 days. When we arrived everything was ready. We had a two bedroom suite which included two full bedrooms with their bathrooms, living area and fully equipped kitchen. Our room was toward the front so we were overlooking Mandalay Bay. This hotel is about a mile off the strip and has a shuttle which takes you to the strip where you can connect to other areas by tram and monorail. It also has a hot breakfast served everyday with variety. The staff was helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our 12 day road trip. I prefer hotels off the strip because they don't charge that annoying "Resort Fee." There were 4 of us in a 2 bedroom suite which worked out well. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. We encountered a problem within a half hour of our arrival. We had unpacked and were headed out to the strip when we discovered the door to our suite would not lock. We did not notice a problem with it when we first entered the suite. We opened and closed the door, we examined the locking mechanisms and we realized the door was not aligned properly which prevented it from locking. We called the front desk and the woman who answered said to "give her five minutes" to get someone. We wrongly assumed someone would be at our room in five minutes. About a half hour later, we called the front desk again. This time she said she would check on the person she had called, who apparently was not even on the property. The longer we waited, the more annoyed we became and the 2 older persons in our group decided they didn't want to go out anymore. Finally, a guy shows up, examines the door, takes a part off of it and announces that while the door would now lock, he would need to return in the morning with another part to complete the fix. The next morning, a different guy shows up, looks at it and announces that he doesn't have a piece that he needs and would have to return. Eventually, the door did get fixed and worked properly, but what an annoying start to our road trip!
Aside from the door, everything else about our stay was good. We loved the beds, especially the pillows. The shower was wonderful with good water pressure. 3 members of our group had the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed it. Parking was an issue as when we returned late both nights, there was no parking available. We ended up parking in the adjacent parking lot, which belonged to another Marriott hotel.
Despite the door issue, which I doubt would ever happen again, I would consider staying at this property on our next visit to Vegas.

1 Thank Hoopmom
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your experience. I am sorry to read about your trouble with your door lock. I am sure it was extremely frustrating, especially at the beginning of your long trip. As maintenance issues do arise, I am glad my team was able to rectify the issue; though not completed on the first go around.
I am glad the remainder of your stay was satisfactory with our comfortable beds and great water pressure in the showers. For those who were able to partake in breakfast, I am glad they found that to be a good start to the morning.
The next time you visit Las Vegas I invite you to give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
I hope the rest of your road trip was exciting and adventurous!