“Decently priced, good breakfast, and good location(for families)”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #91 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. George, Utah
“Decently priced, good breakfast, and good location(for families)”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I wouldn't say this is the best Marriott you'll spend your money on. But, it was what you would expect from a Marriott. The service was great from the staff, the breakfast was good, and the location is nice for younger families who need a break from the strip atmosphere.
I've stayed at the Residence Inn at the Hughes Center, and this one seemed better to me on all accounts. But, both are in need of some room updates. It's interesting because you drive up to the hotel, and it looks new and nice on the outside. But, the rooms are just a little old and almost gave me that 'budget' hotel feel.
Again, the staff were great and had the room prepared how we asked before we arrived. I had no issues at all while I was there. Well, there was one issue.
One thing to consider if you're a light sleeper is the noise of airplanes taking off from Mccarran Airport. That woke me up in the morning, and basically prevented me from sleeping that well once that began. They take off every couple of minutes. So, not a good thing if you would like a good night's sleep. Maybe I was in a bad location of the hotel, but I can't imagine the sound was any better in another section of the hotel.
I can't necessarily speak for the single, vegas-goer. But, I actually like the Springhill Suites Marriott a little better. The Springhill Suites has much better breakfast options(can you tell I really like food?), better pool, and much cleaner and modern feeling rooms. This Residence Inn has much better parking though. And, you get a one-bedroom for about the same price as the Springhill Suites.
This is assuming you don't have or don't want to spend money on the 'nicer' category of Marriotts in the area like the Cosmopolitan(It is a Marriott). I've stayed at the Cosmo as well, and it's awesome. But, not worth the money if you're there with a young family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for staying and sharing your Experience. I am glad you found our hotel be great to stay at while traveling with your family. For light sleepers we do offer ear plugs at the Front Desk. I look forward to having you back the next time you are in Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Goa
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our stay was excellent from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Everything was clean, the suites are amazing. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is not so great but we wanted some quiet time off the strip so the location was something we were looking for. Then have shuttles running in every 30 min to Mandalay Bay and NYNY. so if you need to go to the strip anytime you always have a way out.

I loved the morning breakfast!!!

We can't wait to visit again. Had a great time. ..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for staying and sharing your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed staying at my off-strip hotel which provides complimentary shuttle service every 30 minutes to Mandalay Bay and hourly service to NYNY. Next time you stay, you can even take our shuttle to Town Square Mall and we do Airport Drop Offs!
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Residence Inn to attend the Interbike Trade show held at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. The location for our purpose was excellent and we appreciated the prompt & courteous shuttle service to the Shark Reef entrance. It was literally a breath of fresh air to stay at a non-smoking and non-casino hotel.

The staff at this hotel is second to none. We never passed a single employee, from the front desk to housekeeping, without encountering a greeting. Brian has an exceptional team of employees.

The property itself could use a bit of attention. When I checked in, we were "upgraded" to a one bedroom unit from a studio suite. Unfortunately, the one bedrooms do not have a king size bed, and the walls make the space quite cramped, so it wasn't a plus. Upon getting to the assigned one bedroom, it smelled damp and moldy. The carpet in the corner of the bedroom by the a/c closet was literally white (the carpet color was dark green if I recall.) I went back to the desk and they promptly assigned me a 4th floor studio with a king, the room I had a reservation for (and supposed guaranteed bed type as an Elite.) It was much better than the one bedroom.

The property itself is showing quite a bit of wear & tear. Carpets in the hallways were ripped and literally threadbare in places. Sheets on our bed had several holes. Our iron didn't work although one call and a new one was promptly delivered. The keycard entry to our building was quite touchy and often it took several (as in 5+) swipes to gain entry to the building.

Breakfast was wonderful and the hotel made use of an adjoining meeting room to set up the waffle station, eliminating some of the congestion at the breakfast buffet. All of the breakfast staff was pleasant and helpful.

Upon checkout, my final bill was incorrect. Apparently when I was "upgraded" at check-in, my nightly rate went up by $10. Whoops. If I didn't know my quoted rate and draw the clerks attention to the error, I would have been overcharged. To his credit, Brian (the G.M.) assisted the clerk to take off the additional charge and correct the taxes. He stated that he looked at my reservation and saw in the history the accidental rate adjustment due to the "upgrade" (that I didn't want in the first place.) I'm going with the hope this was an honest mistake, but it left a bad taste for me.

So to sum it up: pleasant staff, non-smoking, non-gaming, convenient to Mandalay Bay option with spacious accommodations and includes parking, internet & breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sandnsun61
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the customer service I am able to provide.
You were traveling as Marriott Elite Member and as a courtesy you were upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite. Though those rooms do not have king beds they are considered an upgrade as you have a separate living area and extra television. I am sorry that you did not like the setup with the room.
As I explained at checkout there was a computer error while completing your upgrade which caused a slight variance in your rate. As soon as you brought that to my attention I corrected the mistake, again please accept my apologies.
Also, I am aware or wear/tear in our hallway carpet and are working on a maintenance program to repair/replace any damaged area.
I look forward to have you back as a guest in the future.
Granada Hills, California
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had a very nice stay. Getting a free breakfast was a definite plus for us as we tend to sleep late and we didn't have to go far for breakfast. The staff was so helpful and friendly they made us feel welcome. Taking a shuttle to the beautiful Vegas hotels was such a great perk. Like all hotels there are a few problems, buy hey, no one and nothing is perfect. If you go with the attitude that you'll enjoy yourself and overlook minor details, you'll have a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and shuttle service. If you would be so kind to email me at bryan.zeitlin@marriott.com and share any details that you felt were less than perfect so I can address with my team. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you are in Las Vegas.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here with my dad from sept 8-12 as my dad was attending a convention in vegas. All the staff was friendly and courteous. The free breakfast was amazing! But i would have to say the best part of it would be the shuttle service they run to mandalay bay n new york new york. Shuttle was always on time, drivers were super friendly. All in all i had a great stay n will def stay here the next time im visiting vegas!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Omar K
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our hotel is a great location to stay when attending conventions in Las Vegas. We provide the shuttle service to the Manadaly Bay Convention Center and NYNY. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We gave this Residence Inn an "excellent" across the board because the staff made it so incredibly pleasant we can overlook the areas that need improvement. Big thank you's to Omar and Eloisa at the front desk, Tuy in the breakfast room and Frank the shuttle driver to New York New York casino. The property is lovely, right off the highway and just down from Mandalay Bay. The room is like an apartment with a full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast was outstanding with lots of choices including a fresh crock of oatmeal and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Really good coffee. On Tues, Wed and Thurs nights they have a delicious reception with beautiful salads and appetizers that we turned into dinner. This is an old Residence Inn and is in desperate need of new carpet in the hallways, new door locks on the exterior doors (sometimes we had to swipe our card 15 times before it opened), and the jacuzzi needs cleaning, but the people who work at this hotel were so friendly and helpful and nice that we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for staying and sharing your comments. We have a great team at the hotel. Omar, Eloisa, Tuy and the rest of the hotel thanks you!
My apologies about your key card issues. With the crazy weather patterns our exterior lock readers become dusty and affect the operation. We are cleaning them to ensure it doesnt happen again!
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Marriott Residence Inn South for a week and we were very impressed with the service. The staff from front desk to housekeeping were very friendly and always eager to please. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very clean and spacious . The pool was nice and clean. The hot breakfast buffet was good and for me the location off the strip was perfect to relax after spending the day at the casinos. Overall a great experience, good value for the money and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Bryan Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for staying at my hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you experienced my teams Wonderful service. Its nice to be able to relax in our Two Bedroom Suites after a long day on the Strip, or jump into our heated (just right) pool and enjoy our water feature. We look forward to having you back again as a guest soon.