“Near the Strip, but Quiet”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #92 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I love RI properties. This one is on the west side of I-15 across from the southern end of the strip (Luxor) and LAS airport. As usual for RI property a nice size room, pool, hot tub, with a good breakfast. The room interior was fresh and fairly new. The breakfast area has multiple eating areas which was nice versus one large area given the number of soccer players that was in the LV area for a tournament I assume. It was a nice stay was plenty of parking and only an occasional noise of the airport across the highway from hotel area. There is a small challenge in getting to the property because it is on a frontage road with I-15 (Dean Martin blvd) so study a map before driving here. The only improvements I would suggest is a larger workout room and higher speed wifi. Good connection on the 4th floor, but only 256kbps at night with 2.5mbps during the day. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Technojerry
Jenny G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Technojerry,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. You are so right, it is nice to be so close to the Strip but also far enough away to be quieter and more relaxing. I am happy to let you know that our internet is being upgraded this coming week to offer up to 15 mbps of speed so next time you are in the area we should have much faster speeds for you. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Las Vegas South

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just returned from a four night stay while visiting LV with my niece and nephew. Our 2 room suite met all of our needs. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Although the noise from jets overhead is common, we quickly blocked it out and it wasn't a problem. We had a rental car and parking was adequate and convenient. Grounds were nicely landscaped and well kept. Pool looked inviting for warmer weather. Hotel is convenient to the strip and we found it easy to navigate once we became familiar with the layout. I thought it a little odd that are there is a separate building where our suite was located requiring us to go outside of the main building where check in, etc are located. Breakfast was basic hot and cold choices - nothing fancy but clean and adequate. Dining area includes 3 separate rooms - plenty of room for everyone. There really aren't any restaurants or stores close by. You either have to drive yourself or take the shuttle to other areas. I would stay here again - definitely like the off strip, no smoking, no gaming Marriott.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jenny G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear traveleralso,

Thank you for sening us your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Our 2 bedrooms suites are perfect for families/friends traveling together because they allow you enough space to be comfortable yet still enjoy each others company. Next time you are in the area, we hope you will stay with us again. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here on business, and delightfully found no surprises. Staff is helpful and unobtrusive, breakfast was as expected, beautiful pool and hot tub area. The only confusion was it was difficult to find the check in office. The only concern I had, I like to take walks, and this is located in an industrial area, that was kind of uncertain. I stayed on the property instead.

Room Tip: Choose a room that opens on the courtyard over the pool/hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jenny G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Claire253,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! Our pool area is extremely beautiful and very relaxing during our warm winter days. We hope to see you again next time you are visitning Las Vegas. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel was very nice and met all of my and my family needs. Breakfast was great and staff was helpful. Hotel was close to everything that there is to do so you don't have to drive on the busy Las Vegas streets. Would stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gtp021
Jenny G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear gtp021,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! I am dleighted that you enjoyed our Hotel and our breakfast service. There are so many delicious options on our buffet that everyone is sure to find their favorite breakfast treat. Thank you again for staying with us and thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Everyone was nice here, but it was just not a great experience. The room we had booked was not available at the 3PM check in, so we had to take a room with a smaller bed. Then we could not close the wide-open window we found upon arriving until we called maintenance, who also had to replace a non-functioning lamp. The street outside our window was VERY noisy. We had to go outside to a separate building for breakfast, and when we returned to our building, our key card no longer worked, so once again back to the desk. Things just need to work better here overall!

Room Tip: Try to get one facing away from streets.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fuzby

Dear Fuzby,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you also for brining your concerns to our attention! I assure you that our primary focus is creating a fun and fantasitc stay and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this trip. I will be addressing your concerns with our staff here to ensure that they do not occur again. Next time you visit the Las Vegas area, please come back and see us. Thank you again for staying with us and for your review.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I personally like the RI brand, but found this property to be a bit old and in need of a remodel. The hotel consists of 2 buildings, with the lobby in building A. I had a room in building B and opened the door to find a menu for a local fast food joint that was slipped under the door. That wasn't awful, but when I watched a different menu get slipped under the door a few hours later, I was not amused. The building door is accessible by keycard only, yet menus appear under doors?

The room itself was standard RI, circa 1990's. Everything was in place, clean, and usable, but looked worn and dated. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was small but functional, with the vanity outside the bathroom.

I took the shuttle (which is shared by 3 nearby properties) to Mandalay Bay and then took the tram to the strip. I ended up taking a cab back from the strip, which cost 10-13 dollars. I wish the shuttle went to a better location on the strip, and ran for longer as taxis had trouble finding the RI.

Overall, for the price I paid and compared to hotels on the Strip, I was disappointed, but if the location works for you and you need the kitchen, this property is for you.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to minimize noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eric E

Dear Eric E,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Las Vegas and thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our Hotel. The property is a great location for guests that want to be near the Strip but not in the middle of it and with our shuttle, it makes transporation to the Strip much easier! Next time you are in the area, please come an see us again. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is only 10 minutes from the rental car center by the airport and although it's close enough to the strip (you can see it from the hotel), it's far enough to avoid all the traffic craziness in the strip.

Main purpose of our trip was hiking, so we rented a car and drove to Utah, Arizona, California and also to Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. So the location worked perfectly for us. The two times we went out to the strip in the evening, we would take the shuttle provided by the hotel which took us to New York New York one time and to Mandalay Bay the other time. Each time we had a very helpful, courteous driver.

When we checked into the hotel, we were given the choice of a room either facing the courtyard or outside (roads) and the receptionist recommended facing the courtyard, so that's what we chose, but it turned out that our room was facing the outdoor basketball court and we could hear the ball bouncing anytime there was someone playing there, which was quite often. So facing the roads might be better, but I'm not sure.

Cleanliness of the room was excellent.

As for a nearby restaurant from the hotel, we particularly liked Yard House in Town Square, which is only a 5-minute drive from the hotel. They had great craft beer choices on tap as well as excellent wine selections, in addition to great food. We highly recommend it.
Pinball Hall of Fame, which is only 10 minutes away from the hotel, is a unique and surprisingly fun place to visit, too.

Overall, if you're looking for a great, clean place to stay outside the strip, we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dublin2016

Dear 1016cardinals,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations! We strive to ensure the highest standard of service and cleanliness. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your feedback!