“Terrible!”

Residence Inn Las Vegas South
Ranked #95 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We reserved a 2 bdrm and when we checked in? They didn't have the room we reserved available! So how can 4 ppl sleep in a bed and a sofa?
Oh! Another thing they didn't even wanted to give us a receipt!
Anyway, I don't recomend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank BACQ

Reviewed 5 August 2010

I stayed in room 425 from August 1 - 4, 2010. When we arrived, I saw 2 dead bugs on the kitchen floor, 1 on the kitchen countertop and numerous dead bugs on the windowsills in every room. I reported this to the front desk. They said they would have someone look into it in the morning the next day. I did not see any bugs in the beds, we were tired from travelling all day, so we stayed. They did not offer to change my room. Next day, we killed a couple more bugs in the kitchen. Reported that to the front desk and they said that the room was sprayed. On the third day, we were still killing bugs. One in the bathroom and another on the kitchen floor. The breakfast was good and the shuttle service was nice. The bugs were a real turnoff. For that reason, I could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Parklandmom
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Awesome breakfasts. Comfortable beds. Lots of room in the rooms.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2010

The room was large and quite comfortable, except for the constant noise from the airport across the street. There is quite a cross section of guests - some very loud partiers, a few people like myself there for a convention, and a mob of British Air Force personnel.
I probably wouldn't stay here again without a car. There is literally no place to walk to other than a couple of other express type hotels. I also had big problems with the wireless internet. I had to call for help and when it finally connected the signal was low strength.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I had a wonderful stay with the kindness of the staff and the very clean room the in room kitchen was so helpful

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Upon arrival from my pleasant taxi ride from the Vegas airport, I waited about ten minutes while the only person on duty chatted on the phone (not very professionally) with some lackee with whom he was trying to explain hotel policies on reservations. I don't think that anyone ever taught him that, "Less is more," when it comes to explaining mundane details. Hey, Buddy: Just send the email confirmation it will have all that fine print on it... and just cause you explain doesn't mean that (the rather dense person on the other end of the phone who thinks he's the only person in the world who calls that hotel) will understand it either.

Anyway, after no apology for my wait, (and not seeming to understand that I'm three hours ahead of you in my body so will you please hurry up) I was given the hurry up and brush off to my room.

The rooms themselves are in a seperate building from the main guest house with the desk/exercise facility/common areas/business center, etc., and on a rather chilly December for Vegas, it was quite a trek to get across the courtyard to my room. I normally wouldn't feel very secure here because there is nothing stopping anyone from approaching you from the street while walking to or from your room. It seemed as if the area was problem free enough, but you never know these days. I wouldn't choose this place if I was a female business traveler travelling alone. But I was tired and didn't care and was more annoyed by the fact that it started raining while I was walking outside. Rain in the desert, what are the odds... I digress.

The room itself was a plenty roomy 1 bedroom in the standard Residence Inn style, but this one had nice granite countertops and very comfy furniture. There were a few issues with caulking that had worn away in the tub and a couple of stray hairs on the bathroom floor(probably from the housekeeper), but that is a minor detail (the average person loses 1,000 hairs a day from their head) and the bed linens were spectacularly white. The TV in the bedroom could not tune in channels 2, 3, 4, or 5 clearly and normally would have been a problem except in my head it was past midnight, but only 9:30 Vegas time.

Breakfast was below average because of several reasons. Most all limited service off some kind of hot item on their breakfast just to compete nowadayz. Residence Inn has made their rep by having more items and fuller breakfast, but I much rather have quality food and better presentation than quantity. First off the atmostphere was, meh. They used styrofoam plates and plastic ware instead of china and silverware like most Residence Inns, and besides, with Marriott's latest green efforts, they should be doing better. The eggs were too dry, like they were made hours ago, and the bacon was too salty. There was only one waffle maker so the line was long and people gave up and went to get other items. On the good side though, fresh fruit selection was excellent and so was yogurt selection. There were three cold cereals to choose from and they had fresh oatmeal with brown sugar and at least two diffrent nuts to choose from as add ins. Breads selection was fine. Coffee was available 24 hours in a nice conspicuous place and they also offered hot water for Bigelow teas or Nestlé hot cocoa.

Business center wait in the evening was atrocious. Every time I came down (which was a trek) there were some of the local, ultra blue collar (see guy who needs a serious shave who's clothes resemble somone who is homeless looking at pictures on MySpace of girls in bikinis showing off their stretch marks next to montster trucks covered in mud) residents on Facebook, MySpace, Email, etc, doing no serious work. The front desk person seemed to be in no hurry to dismiss people who had been on there for hours! When finally it freed up around midnight (because everyone went to bed and the auditor apparently will enforce the 30 minute timeline if someone is waiting) the connection was terrible. The main reason being is that it is NOT a hardwired connection but a desktop WIRELESS connection that's connected to the network that EVERY other computer in the hotel is connected to (and that's a LOT of connectivity!)

The convenience store selection was average, prices were average for a C-store in a tourist trap, but the large ice cream cooler full of Good Humor gave them a huge plus in my book. In addition, the water out of there was plenty cold!

Day service was, well, like night and day. The day staff was so pleasant, easy to converse with and went the extra mile to make sure our requests could be taken care of. Thus I can see the hotel service improving drastically if their evening service improves (and they put at least two people in the front office on a sold out night.) Their shuttle service is convenient and their drivers are keen on recommendations. The first driver we had was more friendly and talkative. On the ride to the strip from the hotel we saw that there was an In and Out less than a mile away, and across the street, a Jack in the Box (both of which do not exist in Indianapolis, yet.)

All the above minor service issues withstanding, I would stay there again if I was here on business and wanted to rent a car just because of location away from Vegas distractions, but not too far that you can go and enjoy them easily. However, if you are there to play in Vegas, stay at the Palazo, Venetian or Wynn.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank NaptownTraveler
Reviewed 10 December 2009

My family booked this hotel for one night in a two bedroom suite so that we could be local to the Las Vegas Strip even thought we live in Las Vegas. We have two small children and wanted to make it easy to see my wife run in the Rock and Roll Marathon the next day. Unfortunately, we showed up and were told “someone extended into the two bedroom” but they were happy to offer two one bedroom suites. BIG PROBLEM, my kids are 1 &3 not exactly an age that can stay alone. They offered the Fairfield Inn (next door) as another option, but that was a single room hotel room, not sure how that would have made it better. In any case after trying to make the two rooms work and it turning into a disaster, I took the kids and I back home and my wife stayed. I ALWAYS stay at Marriott’s and at Residence Inn’s with the kids and this is the first time we had any trouble. I hope this was an isolated incident, but I can’t say I wouldn’t now consider some other “extended stay” places that offer refrigerators and are apartment like which is a must with the kids. They did apologize several times and ended up taking care of the bill for our entire stay which was a nice gesture. However I wish I could have just gotten the room I booked months in advance, disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family