“Had a great time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sagebrush Ranch

Sagebrush Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the NW part of Las Vegas, Deer Springs and Jones.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

My nan and I had a great time on our ride with Sagebrush. It was easy to organise from the UK, communication from staff was excellent. The ride itself was lovely, through the foothills/desert outside central Vegas, with wonderful views over the strip. As a horserider I always look for tell-tale signs of horsecare not being up to scratch, but no such problems here! Horses were well cared for, healthy, good feet, not a mark on them, and left standing in halters without bridle on until we were ready. They were well suited to us and so well behaved, but still with a bit of personality (Cody was fantastic!) The chaperones for our ride were the most friendly, fun, gentleman, and really helped us have the best time. Value is amazing, and the price for pickup and dropoff, buffet lunch and 1.5 hours ride the equivalent of what you would pay for a simple lesson in England, definitely going back if I go to Vegas again!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Leahpatra L

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“worst trip in my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

DO NOT GO THERE!!!
You will REGRET IR YOUR WHOLE LIFE!!! It is a great WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!
I paid such an expensive trip and got NOTHING
but walking in the streets with a teenager trainer on 100 years old horses IT WAS MY WORST TRIP EVER!!!
MY DAY WAS SPOILED!!!

Visited November 2013
6 Thank Anna D
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

What the hell is that Ranch!!! our trip was terrible
Instead of nice horseriding in the desert, canyons and mounts we got:
a great delay,
horsewalking in the streets around the ranch,
a teenager trainer who himself can not ride horses very well.
All our trip was a great failure.
Avoid this ranch if you want to be safe.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Alice W
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I LIKE IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I like it...I didnt see any bad side..They were very hospitable and good.. We went to open buffet for lunch .It was nice aswell but they must separate vip group tours and normal tours..thats it...Thank you Tony...

Visited September 2013
Painesville, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our tour with Sagebrush Ranch did not go well, beginning from the time we started waiting to be picked up at the hotel. In my original correspondence with Tony G. he stated that our pick up time would be 3:35 pm, but that was tentative. We were to wait at the front of the Venetian in the shuttle pick up area. On the morning of our tour I emailed the ranch asking for an updated pick up time. The response was again from Tony G. He stated that the pick up time would more likely be 3 to 3:15 pm, but someone would call us to confirm. We did not hear from anyone all day, so we arrived at the pick up location at 2:45pm. We even asked employees of the Venetian to be sure we were at the shuttle pick up location. At 3:30, we still hadn't been picked up, so we called the ranch. Whoever answered the phone stated that the driver had been looking for us for a half hour, and he implied that we were in the wrong place. He said the driver was wearing a cowboy. Excuse me, but in Las Vegas that is not necessarily a tell tale sign!! When we finally located the driver, she was in her personal grey minivan with no signage on the outside. How were we supposed to spot that. We were expecting a vehicle with some type of sign on it, like maybe "Sagebrush Ranch". Margaret, the driver, was very apologetic. She said she was not the usual driver, she was just helping Jackie out because she had a personnel snafu. Margaret turned out to be the bright spot of the tour.
So, we finally arrived at the trail head....a horse trailer on the side of a road with 6 horses saddled and tied to it. Our trail guides consisted of a 13 year old girl and a 9 year old girl. Really?! They were pleasant enough and truly love the horses, but they offered no history, no information of the area, nothing of value regarding our trail ride. The horses were clean and of a good weight, but they, along with the 2 girls and 2 dogs had been at the trail head since 10 am. The only shade was the horse trailer, the only bathroom facility was the horse trailer.
I don't even want to think about what would have happened if something had gone wrong. A 13 year od girl was supposed to be in charge and the 9 year old had only been riding for 5 months. How much help would either of them been in an emergency. Not to mention the fact that no one knew my husband and me, yet they left us alone with the 2 young girls for 2 hours. I would not be happy if I were their parents!
Dinner was supposed to be barbequed chicken, baked potatoes, corn, salad and apple pie, all eaten around the campfire. Nope!! We were taken to a buffet in a casino and not a very good one at that. If we had wanted to eat at a Casino buffet, we could have done that on our own.
Margaret explained to us that the ranch was in the process of moving, so things were not going smoothly. However, no one gave us the option of cancelling our tour because the ranch was "not running smoothly". We did not receive what was advertised on the website and we did not get what we paid for. I would be very skeptical about booking a trail ride with Sagebrush Ranch.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Pearlywhirler

Been to Sagebrush Ranch? Share your experiences!