“AMAZING!”
Review of Tod Motor Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Vegas
Tod Motor Motel
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My best friend and I are around 24 years old and went on a month long road trip all over out west (we're from Wisconsin). And Vegas was definitely on the list! The way the trip was going, we left Cali and headed into Vegas for a weekend! We had some difficulty booking a room online (perhaps because we aren't a hostel member?) but I just called instead. The man answered and was very friendly and I was having trouble deciding between a dorm or private room (hostels make me a little nervous--and the prospect of being at one in a HUGE city made me more nervous). But he told me for the price ($15/night per person plus an extra $3 a person since we aren't hostel members--which wasn't a big deal--for being on the strip or anywhere that was a bargain!), the dorm is the way to go and he assured me that there's plenty of room and that it's very safe and secure and that we can have a girls dorm. So I booked for 2 nights. The drive into Vegas was tedious with all the traffic but when we got to TOD's there was plenty of space in the parking lot to park (thank God! I didn't want to have to look for parking on the strip!) When we got inside to get our key, it was the same guy I had talked to on the phone and he remembered me. As he was checking us in, we ended up talking about our trip thus far and where we were from and about the Green Bay Packers for awhile! When we got into our girls dorm, we were only sharing with 2 other girls who were either out on the strip or quiet and resting so it was nice. The room also has it's own bathroom and kitchen! Everything was neat, clean and nice and I was so glad they had an air-conditioner! They also have a great pool that's secured in a gate but all you have to do is go ask the front desk man for the key. During the day, my friend and I stayed by the pool (and met all sorts of new, nice and interesting people!) and at night we just took the Deuce bus further down the strip. I liked that the hostel was on the strip but not where all the crowds necessarily are. It's close to the Stratosphere, and you COULD walk down the strip if you wanted but just make sure you wear comfortable shoes. Also, Tod's is next to a pizza place and also Dino's last neighborhood bar (they do karaoke and the drinks are the cheapest I found in Vegas!). And anytime we had questions or needed directions, the guy at the front was always friendly and helpful.

So overall, friendly & helpful staff, nice cozy and clean rooms and amenities, AMAZING pool, and I felt safe and at home the whole time. I wanted to stay longer and I will definitely be coming back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LostNFound313
There are newer reviews for Tod Motor Motel

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hostel was only $15/night so you can't expect too much. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice pool, free wifi, free breakfast (bagels, toast, staff who will make you pancakes!). The 6 bed dorm was spacious and I shared it with only 2 other people. It was clean and on the bed was a towel and handtowel and toothpaste and the room had an ensuite bathroom.

Location is a bit far to walk to the main attractions on the strip, so get a bus day pass for 7$. The hostel is very close to the Stratosphere though.

Staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2011

As we pulled up to the Tod Motor Motel, our taxi driver kindly informed us to "be careful, because this is not a safe area". What a charming welcome to the Silver State. On checking in, the man behind the counter was very helpful and pleasant, albeit a little eccentric.

We stayed in a 6-bed dorm, but we were the only 2 people living in it - what a luxury to have a room to ourselves! The room was clean, and although the the mattresses were a little thin (perhaps they should invest in some tempur-pedic mattress), the sleep quality was excellent. It was a little hot, but that was understandable. Perhaps they could have pushed the bunk beds nearer to the walls, but for $15 dollars a night, that gap was perfectly acceptable.

When one of us injured ourselves in the street (blood everywhere, it was horrible), the man on duty that night was very helpful, even if his offer of tweezers to help remove the glass looked more like a pair of pliers from his toolbox.

All in all we found this most a enjoyable place to spend our few days. There were plenty of characters which the receptionist informed us about, and we were lucky to meet just a few. The motel is a bit far from the strip, but for $15 a night, you can spare $7 a day to ride the Deuce for a whole 24 hour period.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The room was ok, as were the pancakes. However, they will overcharge you if you don't pay attention, like me. I booked a room in a 4-bed women's dorm room for what should have been $17.00. When I got there, I was charged $27.14 and got a 6-bed women's dorm room instead. I didn't have have a paper copy of my booking confirmation with me at the time, so I didn't dispute it.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2011

I arrived in Las Vegas for the first time, 19 years old on a saturday night, overwhelmed with no idea where to stay. I called around 4 hostels and hotels i found on hostelword and none had availability. I eventually called the TOD and the guy on reception could not have been friendlier, assuring me there were plenty rooms and they looked forward to seeing me.

When i arrived i checked in, showed my Hostelling International card which saved me $3 a night, and gave me my room key. I was in a dorm room (i needed the cheapest) and it only cost me $16. There were 3 bunk beds in the room for 6 girls but it was only me and 2 other japanese girls who were very quiet. The room was immaculate, sheets and pillowcases crisp white, with towels, handtowels, shower gel on each bed and a night light. The hostel used to be a hotel so in room there was a bathroom and kitchen.

Generally im a fussy traveller and the idea of most hostels makes me uncomfortable, i would much rather have my own room, here - i felt very safe, the rooms were cosy, there was a common area 2 doors down from my room that had another kitchen area and microwave, free WIFI, and a TV. I spent Saturday night here with a Canadian woman who made me homemade banana pancakes and maple syrup for my journey back home!

Reception staff are so friendly, the guys are amazing, and i cant wait to head back next month!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 802 and it was impecable
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I came to Vegas from LA to work. I initially chose the Tod only because they allowed pets. I stayed in an older room first weekend (not so nice, but clean) then I discovered their renovated show suites. They have 3, so request one! They've also recently updated around 20 rooms with new carpet, etc, so those are nice as well.

The staff is what makes to Tod. So friendly and attentive. They have wireless Internet, HBO, pool, etc. And the location is great, though that part of Vegas Strip is a bit shady at night. But security is great at the Tod, and police constantly patrol the area. I'm a single blond girl and never had a problem.

Planned on only staying a few weeks at the Tod, but ended up staying a whole year! Was comfortable and didn't feel like leasing an aparment, being I was in Vegas only temporarily. Yes, the place is not very glamorous, but you can't beat the price! Oh, and the walls are solid brick. You don't hear the neighbors!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I am Australian, I have lived in asia 2 years, one year in Thailand, one year in India, I have travelled throughout europe with Ireland as my base for 7 years. I have been in America 10 years, most of that in Los Angeles, Miami and New York.

What I enjoy about my stay at THE TOD is my peace and privacy, a sense of adventure and a feeling of safety knowing that wonderful people at the tod are providing a very co exist environment where guests can very much have the option of a social experience or retreat to an inner world.

There is so much to see and do in the city of las vegas; from a tourist standpoint, there are many wonderful shows and theatrical productions, from a networking standpoint there are conventions and tradeshows year long.

As a participant of the entertainment industry I very much cherish the ability to retreat and connect with the spiritual center within during my downtime of the lightshow that spirals to create this very interesting unique town which surprisingly has its nearby natural beauty of red rock.

I encourage people to travel the road less travelled enjoy some kareoki at Dinos fri/sat nights enjoy wonderful thai food at thai house and enjoy the local arts community of the first Friday of each month celebrating independant artists. The property of THE TOD is synergistic with the artistic soul, enjoy your journey in this school we call life, learning what classes you choose to explore...xx

• Stayed: November 2010