“Nice change of pace from the Strip”

Courtyard Las Vegas South
Ranked #116 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Have been to Vegas on business numerous times and always stayed on the strip. Thought it would be a good change of pace to try something a little off the main path, and I'm glad I did. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and best of all quiet.

This is not quite a full-service hotel, as they only serve breakfast and dinner, and the lounge is only open 5-11 pm. That said, the lounge area was very comforable and the bar was close to fully stocked. The pool area is small, but again clean and quiet. Business center more than adequate and the wi-fi worked great both poolside and in my room.

Free shuttle to the airport, but not from the airport. Also has a free shuttle leaving every half-hour to Mandalay Bay which runs until 1 a.m, as well as an hourly shuttle to NY,NY. You can actually walk to Mandalay Bay fairly easily, I would guess its less than a mile.

One standout was the friendliness of the staff. From check-in to check-out I was greeted everytime I entered the lobby, and the shuttle drivers were equally greagarious.

I come here every year, and have decided this will be my hotel going forward.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mphopkins99
lvcourtyardsouth, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. Our hotel is focused on providing outstanding customer service along with a clean and comfortable room. We are focused on providing all the necessities that a business traveler needs and I'm happy we delivered that. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed in CM for 9 days and I would say that it was really awesome.The staff is very friendly and helpful.The rooms are really clean,well maintained and quiet despite being next to a freeway.The 24 hour in house market place is a convenient place to pick up snacks,drinks and other delli items.I was given an upgrade without even asking for one .The hotel has regular shuttle to New York York Hotel(Strip),Mandalin Bay (Strip) and the airport.The checkout process was very prompt and hassle free.The breakfast served he is average but tastes good.Overall it's a wonderful business hotel.

Room Tip: Buy your own drinking water bottles,hotel doesn't provide any water in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amit_Mohanty
lvcourtyardsouth, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words about our property we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Very nice property conveniently located and quiet and peaceful if you grow tired of the casinos, The rooms are clean and comfortable and well appointed. Very good for the business traveler. My only disappointment was that the staff was not helpful with a late checkout request.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We are glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. I do apologize for inconveniece of not being able to have a late checkout as that is not the norm for our service standards. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We only stayed one night. The hotel was clean and front desk friendly. They offer breakfast for $8.00 but we did not opt for it as we had to leave early for our flight. Being close to the airport we did hear noise of planes thru the night. Also on the web site it states no shuttle service to the airport. A sign at the front desk indicated they had a complimentary shuttle to the strip and the airport. You probably need to clarify this if this is important to you. Cabs are very expensive in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
lvcourtyardsouth, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback we are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a business hotel through and through, but the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, especially the young lady handling meeting rooms (sorry I forgot the name!). Rooms were very neat and clean, and despite being next to the freeway, it's as quiet as the Library of Congress. Each and every employee was very nice with a positive outlook.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
lvcourtyardsouth, General Manager at Courtyard Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback on your stay. Our mission is to provide the best guest experience and I am happy we delivered that. We hope to see you on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard on a business trip. The hotel was clean, room was quiet and the staff were extremely friendly. The 24 hour market is really convenient (to pickup light snacks and drinks). The cafe food is reasonable. While I am still going back and forth to Vegas, I opted not to go back to this hotel for the following reasons:
1) I am spending extended amounts of time in Vegas and wanted a hotel that can accommodate that. This is good for a max 1 week stay.
2) The internet is really slow. Since it's free, I didn't complain.
3) The hotel is very close to the airport runway. You can hear a plane land every 2 min or so. If you're light sleeper, pick a different hotel!
Next time I am there for a short visit, I will definitely be looking at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for the feedback on our hotel. We strive in providing the excellent customer service and a clean hotel and I am happy you had the opportunity to experience our hotel.

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is very friendly. I have to travel to Vegas for work and have stayed at this hotel a few times now. It is clean the food is good for a quick bite to eat after a long day at work. After my second stay the staff already called me by name. Great place to stay off the strip with free shuttle service to the strip.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for the great feedback. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and we appreciate you recognizing the great service you received.