“Another Great Stay at a Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South
Ranked #122 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Another Great Stay at a Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I spent one night at the hotel and it was as always excellent. This is my 3rd or 4th stay at this location and I have never been let down. The check in service was exceptional, the front desk employee made me feel really welcome. The room was spacious and clean and the complementary breakfast was also very nice. I would always recommend this hotel to anyone who did not want to stay right on the strip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank vegasbaby1957

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Utah
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We stayed here on our way home from Disneyland to break up the drive. We booked this hotel because we didn't want to stay on the strip. The location was good and easy to find. When we first arrived, we were told that they had no sofa beds so we had to switch our king room, for 2 queens so my kids had somewhere to sleep.
When we walked in the room, my first impression was that it smelled very clean. The room was a little cramped but not too bad.
We had wanted to get some dinner so when I called down to the front desk to ask about nearby restaurants, the woman, Maggie, was kind of short with me with her answers. It turns out the closest restaurant was in the Marriott next door. My husband drove around to find something else and there was nothing.
He came back and we decided to get something delivered. I called down again and Maggie acted so annoyed with my questions. I pretty much just asked her if she had eaten from a certain place.
Going to bed, the beds seemed okay but sometime in the night, the sheets had come up from the corners. I had to get out of bed and pull them back down.
It almost seemed as if they weren't big enough for the bed.
Also, you could hear everything in our room. We could even hear the people above us just walking around. And for some reason, they were up all night and we could hear everything. We could also hear a lot of noises from the room next door.
Needless to say, we got no sleep and it was the worst night at a hotel we have ever had.
The breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of things to chose from and the lobby and breakfast are were kept nice.
We ended up leaving something at the hotel and when we called about it, they said they didn't have it. So, either another guest found it or one of the housekeepers kids is very happy!!
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel especially to people traveling with kids and to people who like to sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Irek5374
TeraBarr, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback regarding your recent experience at our property. I greatly apologize for the response you received from our guest service agent as well as the noise disruption with your room. I will be sharing your comments with our hotel staff to ensure that this incident will not occur again to any prospective guests in the future. We greatly appreciate you and your family as our guests and hope that you will continue to choose the Marriott Brand as your choice. Thank you again for bringing this incident to our attention.
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property in January and we enjoyed it a lot! The complimentary shuttles to the strip and free breakfast really made things easier for us and saved us a lot of money. The room is a little small but no big deal. Upon check in, the Asian lady (Maggy or Megan) was very friendly and knowledgeable, provided us with a lot of suggestions on food and places to go. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011
TeraBarr, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Thank you very much for posting such a nice review. I have shared your comments with our staff, especially Maggie! We always love to hear positive comments! We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel for multiple nights every other week over a year. The staff made me feel like a member of the family. Great rooms, updated & clean

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to treat you like family. We believe customer service is key along with a clean room and updated amenities. Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I come to Vegas alot for business, and yes I would say this place is far more the best one to stay at. The staff there are great, they do their best for you. I do mean all of the staff. The hotel itself is nice and clean. Close to to Downtown, and yes there are resturants near by. I would tell anyone if you want a great hotel with great staff and price
you need to stay here.....

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff and the hotel. These comments are greatly appreciated and will be shown to our entire staff. We strive on making our guests happy and providing a hotel that is comfortable and making you feel like family.
We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 February 2011

The Fairfield inn and Suites in South Las Vegas is a great place to stay whether your a business traveler as myself or a vacationer. Their service is always outstanding and any questions that could possibly come up are answered right away. They are very knowledgable about the area and will assist you where ever you need to go. Their breakfast is always very good. I stay there everytime I travel to Las Vegas and feel very rested when I leave,

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
lasvegasfs, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 9 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the positive feedback and your comments will be shared with my entire staff. We strive to give 100% guest satisfaction and give you the service that will make you want to return. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The room set up is ridiculous. Crowded and not electronically friendly (few usable outlets). Our bathroom was dirty upon check-in; only one clean towel in there. No washcloths or handcloths; Coffee maker is a one-cup horror machine; Keys constantly needing to be re-keyed; nearest sister restaurant is only open for a few hours in the morning for breakfast, and in the evening for dinner; bar closed at 11pm. Never any fresh coffee in the pot, always empty. Breakfast fare skimpy. Drinking fountains didn't work and one of the elevators was constantly "out of order". The pool literally had garbage floating in it. I wouldn't want to stay in this place again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience at our property. I am quite disappointed and shocked to hear of your recent stay. I have shared your comments with my entire staff so we can correct these problems and this does not happen to any prospective guests in the future. This is not our standard of service nor our standard of upkeep of our hotel. If you would like to discuss this more, please do not hesitate to contact me at the property at 702-895-9810.