“Major dive..the marriott exception”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South
Ranked #114 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Marriott should get their name off this hotel, horrible service, didn't clean the room, no communication between desk and maids, desk lied about attempting to stop noise in other rooms, had to threaten to call police before they did anything about the noise, most unfriendly and useless service ever at a marriott... we travel often and always use marriott brands.. This property is a MUST AVOID!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ruMoses
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

I am sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I would like to speak to you regarding your recent experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

When in LAS during a big Convention Week it was great to find a small 'hide-away' very close to the convention and casino action.

Only "challenge" I encountered was initially at the Airport. I had misread that the hotel provides Airport Shuttle Service. That is ONLY for drop-off Shuttle Service. Well once getting to the hotel after an hour wait for an airport taxi the check in process was fast and professional and the Marriott Suite has a nice layout for accomplishing business and for a nice nights sleep.

The Hotel's Shuttle Service serves many locations including the Mandalay Bay Convention Center; New York, New York; Town Square; etc.

Great Nights sleep and in the morning a nice solid Fairfield Inn Breakfast.

Keep up the great job!!

A great hotel for the Business Traveler to LAS!!

Room Tip: I always prefer a higher floor (3rd or 4th) at one of the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments. Please let us know when you are coming back to visit!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I travel a lot to Vegas for business and stay at various hotels in the area. Fairfield Inn is always a solid hotel and I've never had an issues. The Free breakfast is great, the free wi-fi is great, and the rooms are beautiful. If staying in a casino is not your thing, this hotel offers nice accomidations with a great location.

I do have to give kudos to the employees of this establishment. On one of the nights I stayed I kept hearing the clock alarm go off in the room next to me. I called the front desk and they were able to turn off the alarm immediately and were very polite and welcoming.

The beds are a little too soft for me but I am still very comfortable and feel secure in the rooms.

Room Tip: Just be sure you know the location of this hotel, it can be a little tricky finding it off of I-15...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rachel C
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with great customer service. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at the other Fairfield Airport location, and this one is closer to airport, easier shuttle to the airport, and to the southern end of the strip (aka Mandalay Bay). And, it is new and clean.
Don't get me wrong - This is not on the strip, but neither is the other Fairfield.
This one has a reasonable bfast, predictable shuttle to strip and airport, clean and well maintained, and a reasonable price. Also note if you don't want to wait for the return shuttle the taxis do not charge as much my trip was $10 in the early morning. apparently there is a highway shortcut near there, and they drop your off and go to the airport. Either way, this is a reasonable off-strip location.

Room Tip: Looking Northeast to the strip is good, but very bright.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KeysRobert
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you Robert for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy that you had an enjoyable experience and that you were able to use some of our amenities. We hope that you are able to come out again and see us!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is my second time staying here, I love it. Though I love the casinos, I hate the smoke, the loud noise... This Fairfield Inn is close to the Mandalay Convention Center AND they have a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. In fact, it drops you closer to the actual convention center than any of the other hotels (Luxor, The Hotel...).

All in all a thumbs up. And a special kudos to Rudy who, after a rocky start, was extremely helpful! Great job!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you John for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that Rudy was able to assist you. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My friends and I went to vegas on our trip back from the Canyons and we ended booking this place at the last moment.

The price was reasonable and the place was very close to the strip and yet it was quiet and nice. The facilities were good and the staff were courteous and they serve hot breakfast. Its till 9.00 AM on weekdays and till 9.30 AM on the weekends, though they extend it by 15-20 minutes if there are guests coming in.

The WiFi connection in the room was also good and there are shuttles once every 30 minutes to the strip and they drop you at Mandalay Bay or New York. It operates from 7AM to 1AM and it takes couple of minutes drive to reach the strip.

If you are looking for a good place to stay and slightly away from the Strip, then this is your place

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SriniPM
TeraBarr, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent stay. I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate you and your friends. Please come back and see us if you are in town again!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I had a very brief stay between connecting flights. Staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help. There are two separate shuttles that run into the strip, on the hour and on the half hour, as well as a shuttle to the airport. They don't do an airport pickup though, which was a minor inconvenience. The hotel website suggests a cab fare of about 20 dollars; it actually cost me just under 30, whether that was the time of night or their website needs updating I am not sure.

I got a room on the top floor, no street noise or anything so it was nice and quiet. I wasn't there long enough to use all the hotel facilities or get a breakfast as I had a very early flight out, but I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay. I do believe as well that we have a very caring and helpful staff. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!