“Perfect for our needs”

Ranked #138 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Perfect for our needs”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked the Super 8 motel for a saturday and sunday night stay in the downtown area. Taxi's may not know exactly where it is, but if you just say Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel then they will know. Granted the area is a little rundown, but we felt perfectly safe walking the 15 mins to Fremont & back each night and that was even at 2am. If you didn't want to walk then you can catch the deuce bus to Fremont just up from the stratosphere (4th Street) and on return it stops right outside the super 8.

The room was spacious and clean, air conditioning was great, breakfast was fine and enough to set you up for the morning - cereal, toast, tea, coffee & Juice. You could hear people walking in corridors back to their rooms early hours of the morning, but you would get that in any hotel and at the end of the day you're in vegas and on holiday, why would you want to moan about noise.

The staff were really courteous and they allowed early check in and a late check out.

Room Tip: Choose room on the back side not opposite the wedding chapel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lesley d
gcarbajal, General Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad that you had a great stay at the Super 8 Las Vegas. We take pride in our ability to make sure you have a problem free stay.

I thank you for the opportunity to be of service and look forward to being of assistance again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Sincerely
Gabriel Carbajal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is my third extended stay at this motel. The staff is great. If you are polite and respectful, they do their darndest to meet your needs. The place is safe. The room is clean. The maids do their job.

Breakfast is weak, but I keep in mind I am here for a good nights sleep.

If you want the Bellagio, go to the Bellagio. If you want a comfortable clean room on Las Vegas Blvd, this is the least expensive place that fits the bill.

Room Tip: If you need wireless, make sure you are close to the office.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ted R
Dhs, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I had high hopes for this place. The reviews were good, the location was good, and the pics looked good. The reality was totally different.

This is an old property which has had a half-assed remodeling effort. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the tattered, torn carpet in the room. TV remote didn't work right; I tried repeatedly to resolve but never was able to. Floors are uneven and groan when you walk across them. Chairs at the table/desk are so rickety I was afraid I might end up on the floor. Hot water takes forever.

The worst thing is the bed. This may be the worst bed I have ever attempted to sleep on. There is no padding whatsoever; you can feel every individual spring in the mattress. There are thin sheets but no blanket. No mattress pad. Two tiny pillows. If there are two of you and you both like two pillows, too bad.

On the plus side: the A/C is quiet and works great. Bathroom is decent and has plenty of towels. Lots of cable TV channels. Free wi-fi and it works great. Room, though Spartan and threadbare, is clean.

I had booked a 9-day stay. I couldn’t do it. With the horrendous bed I would end up in traction. So moved to a different hotel after two nights. I mentioned the bed when I checked out, after the clerk remarked that I was checking out early. I explained the bed situation, and got no reaction whatsoever, let alone an apology or an offer to find a better one. These folks have a lot to learn about running a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rjhoward
gcarbajal, General Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Super 8 Las Vegas. I appreciate the time that you took to bring these matters to our attention.

We are currently in the process of purchasing mattress pads to make all of our beds more comfortable for our guests. Unfortunately due to the hot weather we experience during this time of year, we remove the blankets from the beds, but they are still available along with extra pillows upon request.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was cozy and again really clean. Nice veiw of the strip from our balcony. Ice and vending machines, free breakfast and wifi. Secure area plenty of parking. Walking distance to anything we needed. We got the rest we needed, it was very quite. If we needed anything the hotel staff was quick to take care of it. I am a las Vegas local and I have to say I was presently surprised and will defenitly be returning to stay in this hotel in the near future. Our apartment flooded and we needed somewhere to stay quick. Staying here was easy and stress free, it really helped us take our mind off of our given situation. We got to relax and have some fun. Kudos to the staff and Super 8!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Like the last reviewer, I meant to book in at the other Super 8 motel closer to town. I didn't really like the area, though felt safe there, the area just seemed rundown, missed the motel first time down the street as the signs were hidden by the wedding chapels.

Rooms were clean, breakfast basic but adequate, staff really courteous. Internet was iffy and keep dropping out, took several tries to connect.
Main problem I had was people screaming above us at 5.30am, the noise came down the air vents, though I can't blame the motel for idiots, it was the first motel on this trip where I could hear people's conversations (though they were screaming!) through the walls/ceiling.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ALABAMA
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed Fri & Sat (1st nite w/coupon & 2nd @ reg. price) for 2 queen beds, $130 total. Motel was in process of name change (no sign, just a small banner) so was hard to find. Room clean, rugs just so-so and the same "dirty/stained upholstered chair" situation seems to exist in the majority of motels. Mini Fridge & micro “available on request” (no charge), but had to keep reminding the desk clerk until finally we got the last working units. Parking is tight & even tho there is a wedding chapel across the (small) parking lot, they closed by 9 or 10pm. So quiet after that.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 9 May 2012

When I made my reservation I mistook the Super 8 on Las Vegas Blvd for the one on the much more central Koval Lane. That was a fault of mine and I found myself located in a somewhat peripheral position between the main sector of the Strip and Downtown. Having a car anyway it wasn't a main issue and that's nothing to do with the fact that this motel left me somewhat puzzled. Despite I had the complete correct address I had many ploblems locating the right building since there is not any typical Super 8 neon sign but a simple small banner affixed to the facade. I really hope it is a temporary solution since it' s totally insufficient to locate the building. I drove in front of it 2 times and I missed it both. My room was large and clean but I don't deny that I would have expected to find a microwave and a fridge beside the coffee maker. That was one of the reasons why I had opted for a motel instead of one of the main hotels on the strip offering their rooms at the same price range in mid week. The ice machine was not working but Ice was available in the lobby. I wasn't able to get the wi fi connection and I informed the staff. I don't know what they did but they solved the problem in a short time proving to be very efficient and professional. A propos of the staff I have to say that any person I met proved to be exceptionally trained , kind and friendly. It was definitely the biggest plus of the motel. I dare say they were by far the best Motel 8 staff I've met in many years of travelling.Having the chance to park my car in front of my room was one more reason why I opted for a motel.Having to empty my car before returning it the following day I didn't feel like having many trips from a distant garage to my room. Having also the chance to have some breakfast in the morning was another plus.In conclusion I can say that from a Super 8 I would expect something more but at the same time the good rate and the exceptional service offered by the staff offsetted the deficiencies.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo