“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #138 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco, California
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

We went for a super-budget option in Vegas and were pleasantly surprised. The Super 8 here was clean and comfortable (I think recently opened), the staff were not overly helpful but pleasant nonetheless. In a row of wedding chapels, but can't say we were bothered by much noise. Our room had a balcony which didn't overlook anything but a brick wall, but caught all day sunshine so good for sunbathing. The bathroom had a bath and was generously sized. There was an AC unit in the room, which did cool it down considerably and quickly, but make sure you put it on before you go to sleep as it is very loud and you can't even hear the TV. Breakfast was standard cereal and toast and the hot water for tea was never hot, just luke-warm. Overall, a great value hotel, within good distance of downtown and The Strip. Public transport available close by for both.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gcarbajal, General Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you so much for staying at Super 8 Las Vegas during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We are thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
RIYADH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

excellent location (close to downtown, and not far from the strip).
the room was spacious and clean, however there was an odor in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

gcarbajal, Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Quahog
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

My visit to Vegas was a medium-term duration for business, so a resort hotel wasn't something that met my needs, nor would I have been able to take advantage of the amenities those hotels usually offer. This hotel met all of my needs. The staff were all very friendly, professional, and eager to ensure everything was to my liking. They offer fridges & microwaves for the rooms (at request,) so I could stock up on food in the room. The facility as a whole appears to have been recently renovated and is well maintained, with the housekeeping staff paying GREAT ATTENTION TO DETAIL involving the cleaning of the rooms, parking lot, and even the hallways. The distribution of the wireless internet routers could be improved, but if you request a room near or directly above the lobby you will be treated to business-class internet speeds. The TV offering is decent, with most major basic cable channels on tap. The AC units are EFFICIENT AND QUIET! The breakfast is basic pastry and cereal, but if you want a bigger breakfast Las Vegas has no shortage of that.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Anaheim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Booked three rooms based on the trip advisor score and reviews.
I was in Vegas for a convention in the Art District and the proximity was ideal.
I arrived very early Friday Morning and checked in fast and efficiently. Michelle the night auditor was very nice, helpful and friendly.
Later that evening, I checked in the other 2 rooms and paid the full stay up front in cash. David was the FD associate that helped me out. Outstanding customer service from him I might add.
However, the next morning i was woken up by my bank notifications and to my surprise the morning shift person (Erika) had authorized my card not only for the other rooms that were already paid for but also for other amounts that had nothing to do with incidentals or any type of security deposits.
When I went to the front office to inquire about the Authorizations Erika said nothing had been authorized besides one room, so i showed her my mobile statement. Then she said she had no idea why it happened so i asked her to look at the credit card history. (She was not aware i work FD for a Wyndham hotel) Then she changed the story to: even though the rooms were already paid for "we still have to authorize the card for the full amount".
So i asked her to contact my bank and provide them the approval codes so they can release those authorizations to which she replied "you have to call and take care of it yourself because we don't have your personal information" so i asked for the approval codes and she said she couldn't give them to me.
I was okay with everything in the hotel except for the fact that Front Desk lied to me and I had to take time off my busy travel schedule to fix the mistakes Super 8 made because that person wasn't willing to help.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank WinstonWolf22
gcarbajal, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear Sir

First I would like to thank you for choosing Super 8 for your stay, when you visited Las Vegas a few weeks ago. I would also like to apologies for the inconveniences that occurred with your credit card during your stay. I would like to let you know that it was actually me, David, not Erica who authorized your credit card on Friday night. Before you had paid in cash, I went ahead and authorized all the credit cards for the remaining arrivals. I also want to apologize for the difficulties that you had when trying to release the authorizations on your account. I had previously told the front desk staff not to give out any credit card information to any guest, so Erica was following what I had told her. I have reviewed this policy with the General Manager and with our merchants and have amended the policy so that now we can release unnecessary authorizations. Again I take full responsibility for this mix-up and offer my deepest apologies. Again we thank you for your patronage, and hope that this incident does not affect you from choosing Super 8 for your future lodging needs.

Sincerely
David Gomez
Front Desk Manager
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed here about a year ago and thought it was a good value. I stayed here again this week, and thanks to the change in management between visits, will not go back.

Cons:
- Terrible mattresses and pillows. So bad, the day after I got home, my chiropractor told me not to go back.
- My husband noticed a funny smell. He said it was like overpowering cleaning products. I'm glad it's clean, but it was bad enough my husband got a headache and had to open the windows. On a 90+ degree day.
- Really basic. No fridge and no sheets on the box spring (really).

Pros:
- Cheap. The price can't be beat.
- Location: right between the Strip and Downtown Vegas.
- Free wi-fi.
- Good service.
- Clean.

If you just need a place to crash and price is more important than comfort, this place is fine. If you want anything beyond that, I'd recommend a different place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sonia530
gcarbajal, General Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at The Super 8 Las Vegas. We are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel.

Please allow us the opportunity of discussing your comments further so that we can examine the issues which you have noted. Our management team may be reached at info@super8.com.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Rooms were smelling. The towels were smelling. Breakfast was ok. The beds were very uncomfortable. the only good thing was wifi and the price. if u are traveling to and u need take an overnight halt then u can stay in this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gcarbajal, General Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas North Strip /Fremont Street Area, responded to this review, 10 September 2012

Kind regards,