“Good place to stay - off the strip”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South
Ranked #118 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights while attending a sporting event. Quiet, away from the noise and congestion of the Strip. Not much in the way of restaurants nearby. It is convenient to access the convention center or the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for posting your comments in regards to your stay with us we greatly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here on our last night in Vegas during spring break. We had spent the day driving and when we arrived at the hotel, we realized that I had a reservation for the wrong night (tomorrow not tonight ). The front desk was extremely busy and the hotel extremely full. However the front desk found us a room (even non smoking) as they had a last minute cancellation. He was so helpful despite the craziness around him (and this being my error). In addition, there were several very rude guests yelling at the staff (mad because of slow taxis) and they were polite in response as well.
The hotel is a typical HI express just off the strip. If you want to normal hotel I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South. I am very pleased to hear we were able to accomodate your early arrival and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had to make a trip to Vegas during super bowl weekend. I was expecting problems with hotels, and anything else I wanted to do because this place gets crazy during SB weekend.
WOW, was I pleasantly surprised. called the hotel and gave them my priority number (now its the IHG club) and got a room right quick. service was awesome just like the last time I was here a year ago. The wife and I were comfortable in the King sized bed and the breakfast was very good with scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. MMmmmm. we were there for 3 days, I had to work in the mornings, but the rest of the day we were off to the races...LOL
Every time we returned to the hotel we were warmly greeted and asked if we needed anything.
I felt like a king....thanks IHG!!
PS. please put Coke products in some of the machines, my bride of 25 years like pepsi, but I wont drink it. I had to walk to the Terrible's and purchase drinks for me.
But this did not detract from the stay at the hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bernie D
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

At the Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South our goal is to exceed guest expectations and we are greatly appreciative that you took the time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I went to Las Vegas with friends to celebrate the New Year. Apparently, I chose this hotel as it is not too far from the strip. The location is good however, the hotel needs to be maintained very well. The wall paper at the corridors were peeling off the wall that is not good for a hotel to see. I usually stayed at Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Europe and Middle East and never had a breakfast on a styro plates, cups and plastic fork and spoons. This was my first time to experience at this hotel. I think there is still more to refine on this property. There was one occasion that the door doesn't open after we took our breakfast and we were stocked outside waiting for them to fix it. The good thing is, the did an excellent service recovery for this inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Las Vegas For the New Years Holiday and relaying to us your comments.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We've stayed here many times, mainly b/c it's convenient. What a disappointment this time! First of all, no lounge chair in the room. You can only watch TV from bed. Next, every appliance in the room was unplugged -- microwave, fridge, lamps, clock. All the outlets are behind furniture, it seems. We should have called for the hotel engineer, but my husband shoved stuff around and did it himself. We had someone next door who couldn't sleep without the TV on at highest volume. I'm guessing he was afraid of the dark or something b/c it went off when the sun came up. Again, I should have called the desk. We paid $110 plus tax for this room, I'm sure a lot less than is possible in Vegas. Everything is clean, ordinary attractive. The beds are not very comfortable. I think I'll try the Fairfield next door on our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjbutah
GeneralManager45963, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and would like to extend a sincere apology that items in your room were not operating upon your arrival. I can assure we will be reviewing with our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I travelled to attend CES at the last minute. At the time I booked just before Christmas, there weren't many rooms available in conference hotels and I was trying to travel cheap. I knew I would have a car anyway, so I booked this hotel. It's on the other side of the interstate from the strip, across from the airport. The only buildings nearby are two (yes, two) Chevron stations. So don't expect to do too much walking around the hotel. There is lots of parking and access to the interstate and the south end of the strip is really easy.

Inside, the hotel had no surprises. The staff at both the front desk and the breakfast room were friendly and attentive. My room was clean and reasonably well appointed. The desk is small. It's more like a table. The counter in my (accessible) bathroom was very small but that might be the deign of the accessible room. The bed was comfortable enough and the room was quiet.

My only complaint..... I had to ask for a pouch of oatmeal on day one. I didn't see any out on day two. I should have asked again.

All around this hotel is good value if you have to be in Vegas but don't need the strip experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ComingFromTO
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

As we knwo you have many options when choosing a choice of lodging while in Las Vegas. We greatly appreciate your business and posting your comments in regards to your stay with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

As a platinum member with Holiday Inn for years, this was one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed at. The welcome was sincere and welcoming. The rooms were nice, a little older but clean and fairly well maintained. The price I paid was exceptional and a definite value. I was in town for business and the hotel was convenient and I was able to get done what I needed. I would consider staying there again if I need an off the strip hotel.

Room Tip: No issue on which room to stay in. Any is good...