“Loved it!”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South
Ranked #118 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Perfect location and not crowded - loved that it was quiet and off the strip but easy to get to.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2010

Went to Las Vegas during the end of the December period in 2008. My family went on a self-drive trip around the West Coast of America and we had our MPV parked in the hotel's carpark. Before i talk about the bad part, let me comment about the room and overall of the hotel.

Room was really spacious. Totally loved it. My room faced the LV strip area and we had a really good view of LV. We had 5 people in total, 4 Adults + 1 child and we stayed together in one room. Room is clean and the Bathroom as well. Staff in the hotel is really polite and helpful. Food for morning breakfast is still acceptable just that they could have more varieties.

Now comes the bad part. My dad forgot to bring back his GPS when we stayed for the night. The next day, we found out that our car's front window had been smashed and the GPS stolen. We asked the concierge about the incident and they said they had no idea of what happened since the carpark was really dark at night.

We wished that the hotel could have done something about the lightings in their carpark.

However all in all, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2009

My stay here was pretty good overall. It is a typical Hi Express amenities-wise and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My room had fridge and microwave, which was handy. Rates are good compared to prices on the strip, which is nearby (MGM end) and easily accessible by car or the hotel shuttle, which runs on the hour to MGM and half hour to the Mandeley (until midnight). The only criticism I have is that breakfast finishes at 0930. Rather early for Vegas where most people are out until late at night. There were hardly any people having breakfast whenever I made it down, presumably for that reason.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I was unaware that my watch was on 4:00 pm EST and checked-in prematurely. It was therefore only 1:00 p.m. I think it was the manager who was behind the front desk who took me in without complaint or a whimper. There is nothing fancy about this B&B but it is clean and comfortable. I did not have much interaction with the staff but I did not find any rudeness in them. The unlimited free breakfast was excellent. Much better when I last stayed at a La Quinta in L.A. I will definitely come back if I get a nice deal again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Room was clean and very quiet, even know it was close to a Main road. Upper rooms would get a nice view of the neon lights of the Vegas casinos. Two big queen beds, very soft and comfortable. When we couldn't get the tv going, maintence man came promptly and was very pleasant. Breakfast had a big variety of hot and cold items – eggs, sausage patties, biscuits & sausage gravy, toast, bagels, cereal, muffins & pastries, coffee/juice. Staff were polite and seemed helpful. We were very.happy with our stay there, especially after a long sleepless flight, it was lovely to relax in such a comfortable room. My only little complaint was there was no complimentary bottle of shampoo/conditioner, only body wash & body lotion. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This hotel has a surprisingly good view of the strip if you are on the right side of the hall! The room was pretty clean, the staff was pretty nice, and the hotel seemed to always be packed with cars at night, which I find comforting knowing that I'm not the only one there.

However, the security probably needs to be improved a little. About 2-4 times a day, there would be a pizza flier slid under my door (probably from some kid the pizza business hired to improve sales).. And on the door, going in the side of the hotel, it clearly states "no soliciting" ... So either the hotel doesn't care that these people are just coming in and soliciting, or they are really oblivious to who are their guests and who are not... (I would never buy pizza from a company that does this by the way)

They have a shuttle that goes to Mandalay Bay and MGM which is good. I did not use that service, since it only goes till 12AM... Which is odd, since most people in Vegas stay out till way past then, I'd assume..

The bad part of the hotel is that there was NO fridge....... I hate that. I mean, you're in a desert and they have no fridge... like wtf?

I paid like $80 plus $10 or $12 or so for taxes each night... I think that's probably just about the right price, although it'd be better if it was lower : )

It's a good place to stay at if you're in Vegas for more than a few days, because it gives you a chance to get away from the rustle and bustle and hustle of the casinos.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Found the hotel to be worth the £160 for 3 nights. Decent free breakfast, shuttle service to the strip was excellent too. Rooms were clean and the facilties were fine. The pool area was also well maintained apart from the plunge pool being out of order. If your on a short trip to LV and looking for a clean affordable hotel then i would go for this place. No complaints what so ever. P.s try the bar at the top of "the hotel" for a great view of the strip. The shuttle drops you off there. Fab!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple