“Old, outdated, smelly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge
Ranked #202 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I had stayed at circus circus before and never in the manor....it is a bit of a walk from the main hotel, after a long day on the strip a golf cart shuttle would be nice, the place had such a small bathroom you had to go outside to change your mind, the beds were old and horriable. The smell of cleaning products to cover up the mildew and old smell were awful. Needs a whole lot of TLC

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel, not the manor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shannon L
There are newer reviews for Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We booked through Expedia and were told that we had a room at Circus Circus, no mention at the time of booking of Manor Motor Lodge. We stayed for a week, our room was flooded by a faulty shower so we were moved but still had to call maintenance 3 other times because of problems with the room. As you walk into Block C you are overwhelmed by the smell of a cheap, sweet air 'freshener' - God knows what that's masking. The room was really dusty and the power sockets didn't seem to like travel adapters. This hotel doesn't seem to fit in with modern Vegas and is crying out for the wrecking ball. The casino looks more like an amusement arcade in Blackpool or Yarmouth.
On the plus side, the staff were friendly but when I go back to Vegas, it'll be The Venetian or Paris for me!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The Circus Circus Manor Rooms in Vegas are really nice, clean, modern, quiet.
I really enjoyed my recent stay there.

Really impressed, very nice hotel registration folk
They were very helpful in every area
The bell folk were very nice

I really like circus circus

Room Tip: Really good
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anita D
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

My family and I decided to leave a day early on are trip so we needed a cheap place to stay at. I wish we would have stayed home. The bed was so bad you could feel to springs popping up. The bathroom had so much water damage the wallpaper was coming off the walls and my husband pull the wallpaper back a little and a baby roach crawled out :-p The walls are so thin that the guy next door was snoring so loud it was like he was in bed with us. The only good was the kids enjoyed the games amd the circus show.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank hotbxdiva
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have never been more traumatized by a hotel experience in my entire life. Spend the extra money and stay someplace far, far, far away from this cesspool. It'll be cheaper in the long run since you won't have to pay for the therapy sessions you'll inevitably have to attend to cope with your PTSD from the dried urine on the floor and curly hairs in the bedsheets. I believe my stay at the Manor Motor Lodge was God's punishment to me for being cheap. Next time, I'll just beg him to send me straight to Hell. There may be fire and brimstone but at least that guarantees it'll be sterile.

Room Tip: Get a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
13  Thank dlyndd
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Okay, so from what I am reading, a lot of other people got sort of "conned" into this hotel and I am no exception. We booked a trip through gate1travel.com and when you are booking they give you the options for hotels. The default booking is for Circus Circus, NOT Circus, Circus Manor Motor Lodge. It says three stars and even says this on gate1's travel site: "The rooms are fitted with contemporary decor and furnishings. All rooms are equipped with amenities that will be sure to make your stay pleasant, such as internet access (surcharge), a hair dryer, and a television with cable channels."
We looked up Circus Circus, saw it was nothing special, but alright and went for it...and found out that in fact, we were in the Manor Motor Lodge.
Now, I KNOW that this is gate1's fault and I'll be taking it up with them as well. Also, I want to point out that on my second night, I complained and they put us in a suite for the night, so this is nothing against the overall hotel, but there are still a few things people need to know staying here.
Rooms: They are DUMPS in the manor motor lodge. I asked, when we were checking in, if those rooms had been redone at all and was told that "all the rooms have been updated in SOME way"...well I don't know what way this room had been updated. The carpets were worn and stained. The bedding was the polyester crap from the 80s. The wallpaper was stained and peeling off the walls. The bathroom floor had cracks in the tile and a permanent grunge that could never been cleaned. It looked like a motel room you see in horror movies!
The hallways were constantly loud and smelled of marijuana, with cheap, apple air freshener over top, which was interesting because of the number of small children running around with distinctly trashy families. I even made a joke with a cab driver in Las Vegas, that we were NOT ugly enough to be staying in this hotel. He agreed and said it was the butt of the joke of cabbies on the strip. Good to know.

Hotel: The hotel amenities are geared towards children, but are basically a money grab. There is a small, indoor amusement park that costs something like $8/30 second ride. There are shops and restaurants, but non are high end. We ate at three places while there and overall they were crappy. I'll give those individual ratings though.

Service: This was very good actually. I had a very pleasant bell hop help us out and all the wait staff and cleaning staff were very nice and the woman whom I complained to was very receptive and polite, so that earns them an extra star.

The thing with the hotel is that even these rooms we were stuck in, fall under 3 stars, even though they, by themselves, would barely qualify as 1 star rooms, because the whole hotel falls under one heading.

SO, lesson to be learned, these rooms are NOT nice rooms. The hotel is considerably crappier than other hotels. It's also quite far from the main strip. BUT it is cheap. If you are (for whatever God-awful reason) bringing children to Vegas, I guess this would fit the bill. Otherwise, if you're just looking for a bed and a cheap one, this also fits the bill. The beds, I will say, had clean sheets and were comfortable. But don't be fooled into thinking you're getting this amazing deal on a three star hotel. You're not. You're getting an average deal, on 1 star accommodations.

Room Tip: If you stay here, avoid the first floor rooms, which are the loudest.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ka_schmeer
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I went on hotels.com to get a room in Vegas, I came across the circus circus, the had great rates, so I booked a room with them. When I printed the receipt I noticed that it said in the manor motor lodge, I did a double take to make sure I booked with circus circus, like I thought I did. Sure enough, I did. The manor motor lodge is across the street from circus circus, it is not in the hotel towers, so to walk from the far end of the manor motor lodge to the casino area.....was quite a walk, there is a sky walk that takes you across, but there is still alot of walking. Also, they charge you for early check in.....I guest most places do, but just beware. The motel it self was not too bad, some renovations are needed, and the hallways smelled funny, But the bed was comfortable and the water pressure was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family