“Its alright”

and up
Crazy Girls at Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino
Ranked #142 of 468 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights. Good sized rooms and reasonably priced. Could not get a microwave or fridge even when I was prepared to pay extra. Makes it harder if you have a toddler or a baby and need to heat up milk. Hotel has the location going for it with being bang on the strip. Good gambling options.
Would recommend it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
in 35 reviews
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The PH casino is located basically in the center of the strip and has so much to offer it's patrons. The Casino itself is a good sized casino with many of the favorite slots you hear about and see "hand pays" and "big wins" on many media sharing sites. This is one of our favorite stops for the community play Wizard of Oz. I have had problems getting servers to come by in this casino however. There are many restaurants directly connected to the casino floor such as Gordon Ramsey's burger and Earl of Sandwich. Many sit down choices are available also. For those that like a shopping break in your gambling sprees, there is also a large attached mall with many cheaper choices and snack choices, lots of stores upperscale and mundane, and of course bars, lounges, and your favorite cheesy tourist drink counters. The only things that I didn't like about this casino is that it seems to have more "female companion" soliciting going on as some in our party had been directly approached DURING their on casino floor play. This casino has alot of play options but is not great for those of us that do not like to be bombarded with smoking nearby. All in all it's a great casino with minor considerations.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I went to PH's adult only Pleasure Pool on a weekday with my gf and three friends. We all had a great time and stayed the entire afternoon. Bottle service kept the booze flowing and the DJ was spinning top 40 and old school mashups. It was a good 30 something/older millennial atmosphere.

This review and star rating, however, is specifically a critique of the service provide by Bria, our waitress/hostess and Chris, the bar manager/glorified cabana boy.

We live in AZ. So Vegas trips are a regular event, many times each year, as it's a short road trip or a super quick flight away. This time we decided to try out a Groupon for a pool party. It got us a cabana, a fruit bowl, and a bottle of vodka at PH's Pleasure Pool, and we had to pay an additional $80 in gratuity beyond the groupon price. We also purchased a 2nd bottle later in the day. 18% auto grat on that one too.

Service for the first bottle was bare minimum: ice stayed filled but beyond that our waitress had no idea how to provide good service: the little things are what matter. The refrigerator was filled with water BUT it also contained somebody else's leftover sandwich. Our private cabana was not so private as the walls between adjoining cabanas were completely open; we got to "enjoy" our neighbors cigar smoke. The remote control for our TV was missing a battery. Our bean bag like couch cushions had not been touched since the last party in the cabana, as the filling naturally shifted to an uncomfortable slope that made you nearly fall off the front end of the sofa. I fluffed and adjusted them myself multiple times so that my friends could actually sit on them comfortably. I also took responsibility for tidying up our cabana all afternoon, as our waitress took no time to dispose of used fruit garnish, straw wrappers, empty water bottles, etc.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I had to fetch my own bucket of ice midway through our second bottle. We asked Bria and another waitress at least twice and I even asked Chris the manager for some ice. After asking Chris, I finished the last three quarters of my drink and used the bathroom: STILL NO ICE. So I head inside to get the ice myself. No sooner than I am handed my ice at the indoor bar, Bria shows up not with the ice that she has forgotten but my check with that 18% gratuity that she in no way earned.

I asked to speak with a manager about having the auto grat removed. Bar manager Chris came over to the cabana, immediately followed by two different cabana boys with two buckets of ice. Five minutes into our conversation he tries to point out all the ice we have in our cabana as a counter argument to our complaint. He extends no empathy nor apology. He only points out that the service workers union mandates the 18% auto gratuity and that is why he can't remove it. I refuse to sign the credit card slip. He then proceeds to act like he is doing us a favor by not kicking us out. Absolutely unbelievable.

I don't understand how night clubs and pools clubs can get away with such poor service and unappreciative, insulting treatment of their guests. If a restaurant provided service like this they would no longer be in business.

3  Thank Chad W
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My first casino. Loved it! So lively. Lost money, gained it, but the atmosphere was always great. Staff are really nice and helpful!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2014

we stayed here for our last 3 days in vegas (we had 9 nights in luxour previously) as it was my bro 40th birthday and thats where he wanted to stay. the check in was super quick and easy - bearing in mind we had spent about 6 hours at the food festival with free booze so we were slightly drunk when we checked in but the check in guy took it all in his stride. i cant remeber the name of the room but it has some sharon stone stuff in there.....very impressed with the room it was huge with 2 queen beds, and the bathroom was immaculate...we had a view of the car park but that didnt matter to us. i think the only thing i was slighlty disappointed with was the pool area - i was shocked that it was so tiny and had expected some the pics i had seen for it to be much bigger....the pool at the luxour was much better....apart from that we had a great 3 days and would love to stay there again if we come back to vegas (we will come back|||)