“Good Spot for Lunch”

Ranked #736 of 5,037 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just walking into Cugino's and you know at once that you are in an Italian Deli. The smells are WONDERFUL!!! They evoked memories walking into Italian Deli's in my childhood.
We went to Cugino's because of the write ups on TripAdvisor. And we loved it. My husband had the meatball sandwich which he liked. I ordered the eggplant pamesian sandwhich which I really LIKED!..The sauce was yum and the eggplant was yummy. I also ordered 2 stuffed peppers so that I could taste these specialties. They did not disappoint at all. Nice and spicy. For desert, my husband ordered a large cannoli and I ordered a small cannoli. These brought back memories of Boston's Italian North End and the cannoli there. All we can say is absolutely TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank baloha

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch after arriving in Vegas, before heading to the strip. OMG, the best meatball parmesan sandwich I've ever had. My NY Italian husband loved whatever it is he had, as did our daughter (sorry, I don't pay that much attention to what they order, just whether or not they like it). This place is the real deal...quality food lovingly prepared.

1  Thank TXRJ53
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hidden gem! Amazing sandwiches. My boyfriend had the Italian 2, and I had the Italian 1. I enjoyed every bite, and it was a nice, hearty sandwich.

We've been back twice, and I've been wanting to try another item, but keep going back for the sandwiches. Its practically the highlight of my Vegas trip!

Thumbs up for a great meal.

2  Thank callmemochelle
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Yelp, I'd like to applaud you for not letting me down. I bow to each of you, fellow reviewers, for you steered me right tonight. You see, tonight I got home from work and was just too exhausted to do much of anything. So, I settled on delivery and headed over to the net to guide the way.

I ended up ordering a Sicilian Rice Ball, the Donnie's Special Sandwich, and the Garlic Knots.

Delivery: I ordered using the site Eat24, which was easy enough. Because of their handy dandy little timer, I was able to see that my delivery took about an hour and ten minutes. I'm right up the road, so I'm not sure if they were just busy tonight or what. I didn't really mind the wait, since I'm just lounging at home--- but if you are rushed, keep that time window in mind.

Let's start with the knots: they're delicious. Flakey on the inside, crisp on the outside. VERY garlicky (which is a huge plus in this Italian girl's world). I feel like they might be slightly improved with a little cheese or something, but I'm not mad at all. My order came with six knots and a thing of marinara--- which was actually a nice sauce, for the record.

The rice ball is. . . well, I don't totally know what I was expecting, but it's big (like, half a softball?). Cooked well, slightly crisp on the outside, mushy in all the best ways on the inside, good flavor. The meat and pea situation in the middle is really great. Goes really well with the marinara.

The sandwich is the stand out though. Like, the sandwich will be the reason I'll order from here again, no doubt. The bread is flakey, the chicken is huge and cooked well, the peppers are flavorful but not overly sweet, the balsamic is just the right flavor. . . and the mozzarella? Amazing.

Actually, I was saving the other half of the sandwich for lunch tomorrow, but now I think I'm going to grab that other half. Thanks again, internet!

1  Thank ThisPlceHsEverything
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times. Both have been excellent. This time we split a club sandwich. It was outstanding. The huge portions of meat were unbelievable. Not sure how they can make any money charging such low prices for such large quantities of Boar's Head meats. One sandwich is more than enough for two people.

1  Thank cooperlynx