“Not worth the money”
Review of Dancing Queen - CLOSED

Dancing Queen
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were there last year so not sure if anything changed but we were expecting more Vegas style & all ABBA music. Not the case here. A small room sitting on folding chairs with no incline so no real site lines from mid to back seats. Small stage....just not at all what we expected. Some of the singers had good voices but we felt it was more like a high school production.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was a decent show. We enjoyed it but did not love it, however we could not say anything negative either. It was a just a good show. We found it a little pricey for what it was and we would have really enjoyed more ABBA songs. When you see something advertised called Dancing Queen you expect to have mostly ABBA songs instead of just a few of them. The other songs were good though and they had great energy and voices. I particularly enjoyed the Village People. They invited people to stand up and dance and I for one was pleased no one did - thank goodness for that! People need to know that when guests pay a lot of money for a show they actually want to see the show, not the people standing up in front of them dancing and blocking their view and for this reason when they announced people could stand up and dance I groaned because trust me, had anything blocked my view after paying good money I would have had something to say. I came to see a show not audience members dancing - that is what night clubs are for and they need to stop announcing this because it ruins it for those who pay money to see the performers. Just a point I wanted to make because had someone danced in front of me I would have given this show one star and probably walked out after giving whoever was blocking my view a telling off - just saying! But overall, it is a show worth seeing and it is not overly expensive either.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The energy by singers and dancers was over the top. A great performance, loved every minute. Nostalgic trip back to my more agile days! Couldn't stand up to dance though, seats too hard to get in and out.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this performance. Very high energy and the singers and dancers worked very hard to entertain. I know some reviews have complained about not having enough ABBA songs, but they sang all the most popular ABBA songs and did a great job with many 70s favorites. I believe the entire audience enjoyed the show very much. Would definitely like to see it again some time.

1  Thank ChrisandDeborah
Reviewed 10 December 2013

First, you must ignore the past poor ratings. I found out that they are from an old production at a different location. This production was moved to Planet Hollywood I believe in September 2013. It's a fantastic show! The choreography is amazing. The dancers are absolutely some of the best, quality professionals I've ever seen. The singers are really good and so talented and engaging. There's wonderful energy and fun throughout this show. There's no lag time and this show flows seamlessly. It's a show you could feel comfortable bringing the whole family to and that's hard to find in Vegas. That's not to say the costuming isn't sexy! Which by the way, the costumes are really great and with the fast costume changes it's another credit to the production team at this show. I was very impressed. Will be going back to see this show on an already planned return trip! If you want to leave a show feeling entertained and smiling then see this one!

2  Thank Debbie B