“Friendly, warm, and inviting staff.”
Review of Market Street Cafe

Market Street Cafe
Ranked #409 of 5,315 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Join us at the Market Street Cafe for all your American favorites with a touch of island flair. Market Street Cafe is open 24 hours serving a variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are sure to satisfy everyone's appetite! Also, be sure to try our legendary oxtail soup!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I go here every time we are in Las Vegas due to their $9.99 Prime Rib Deal. You get soup or salad bar, 8oz Prime Rib with your choice of potato and warm Cherry Jubilee for dessert.

Chris J, Manager at Market Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are pleased to learn your experience was excellent! Please come back again, soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Since I was staying at the Cal, I ended up eating here 4 times in 3 days. It would have been 5 times had I not slept in the day of departure. In the past I've mostly eaten at Aloha Specialties upstairs, which remains a solid choice for Hawaiian food. But this time, I only got a snack there (Spam musubi and mac salad) and had my main meals at Market Street, where there are deals to be had and many food choices, including Hawaiian/Asian.

Service ranged from meh to pretty friendly. The times I visited (5 pm for dinner, 5:30 am for "breakfast"), there were shockingly no lines. There were minimal lines when I passed by at other times, in stark contrast to past visits. I mostly ate at the counter, which is first come, first served. Here, there are separate people who take your drink order vs. your food order. The speed at which food sometimes comes out tells you things are not made to order, but when it's good and cheap, I'm not complaining.

Here are the things I tried:

Butterfish dinner special. $12.99 from 4pm-10pm, cheaper for folks with some type of Hawaiian coupon. Decent, could have been marinated in the miso longer. Rice or potato. Vegetable (green beans) were canned or boiled until almost gray. There's an extra charge if you want the salad bar, which I did (it includes a very good mac salad)

Island Short Ribs. $11.99 with rice, mac salad and veggie (zucchini, carrots and cauliflower today). Delish!

Fried Saimin. $6.99 with char-sui pork, shrimp and veggies. Delish!

Prime Rib dinner special. $9.99 from 4pm-10pm, cheaper for Hawaiians with coupons. Includes soup or salad bar, potato (including baked) or rice, veggie (limp green beans again), plus a dessert of cherries jubilee (a scoop of vanilla ice cream atop a cherry compote, with whipped cream--really a sundae, no booze that gets flambe'd). Came with jus and horseradish cream. Not the greatest prime rib I've had, but fabulous for $9.99!

Oxtail Soup. This is one of the Cafe's Graveyard Specials, and surely its most popular, served 11pm-9am for $10.99, cheaper for coupon-holding Hawaiians. I've heard folks line up for this, so the Cafe is bustling in the midnight hours. I instead had the soup at 5:30 am--no line, and it came out within minutes of ordering. I suppose there is a risk of them running out of soup closer to the 9am deadline. The bowl was large, full of meaty, fatty oxtails and veggies (carrots and celery). A scoop of rice, fresh ginger and cilantro were served alongside. Substantial, but maybe not worth losing sleep over.

Had I had breakfast the day of departure, I would have had the Luau Breakfast Buffet, served 6am-11am for $6.25! I took a peek at the buffet the morning I had the oxtail soup and saw scrambled eggs, rice, Portuguese sausage, hash browns, bacon, ham, corned beef hash (canned?), blintz-like things, unidentified fried things, biscuits and gravy, canned fruit, fresh fruit (bananas), breads and danish.

Overall a cheap way to be a (Hawaiian) glutton. The meal I had at Joe's Stone Crab in the Forum Shops at Caesar's cost more than all my meals combined at the Cal.

2  Thank pillowsofwanderlust

Awesome! We love to see five-star experiences. If you have any comments you would like us to share with our team, please let us know. We appreciate the opportunity to share our guests’ positive experiences with them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Market Street Cafe has a varied menu and a selection for everyone. Their prime rib dinner is a great deal and very good. The service is friendly and efficient. Love the cherries jubilee too.

Thank you for the review! We will share your rating with our team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came with friends and were hesitant to order a $9.99 prime rib dinner.... how good could it possibly be for $9.99?!? Darn good! The meal comes with a salad/soup, baked potato, green beans, and cherries jubilee. Very much worth it!!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Nice place to visit for lunch with family in from CA and HI while visiting Vegas myself. Diverse menu, reasonable prices, friendly service and we weren't rushed at all. I've been there several times over the last ten years, while visiting Vegas...I recommend it for any time of the day.

Chris J, Manager at Market Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Mahalo for visiting us! We’d love to have you visit again.

Been to Market Street Cafe? Share your experiences!