“Just another hotel....”

Ranked #195 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Vegas F, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in Vegas for another night but moved from the Flamingo when they wanted to charge us $350 for Sunday night. The Mrs found the HoJo for $44 so we figured we would try it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and allowed us to check in early. The location is pretty close to the strip, although set back off of Tropicana which gives it a questionable feel at night. While sleeping you certainly hear your neighbors walking and talking. Overall, pretty much what you would expect. Not awful, but not good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vegas F, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are truly happy that you found our Inn to be enjoyable and our staff to be so friendly and accommodation. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I spent 3 days in the hotel during the Chinese new year in las vegas.The hotel's location is pretty good.I and my friend can walk to MGM Grand in 5 minute every night.The parking lot is adequate,so we can park our car in front of our room,It is very convenient.The room is not brand new,but it is clean enough.We forgot the cellphone in the room after 3 happy and comfortable days.The staff found the phone,but we have left Las Vegas. The General Manager Mark call me back friendly and mail it to my address.It is definitly amazing memory with theirs excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Vegas F, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you appreciated our location as well as our excellent service. We are happy that you had such a wonderful stay and left with an amazing memory of our hotel. We look forward to having you back soon as our guest.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Vegas F, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was in Vegas for a convention, and needed to economize on expenses. The location of HoJo's was very good for my needs. The staff was friendly and efficient, but everything else was bad. The smell of dust and and old hit my nose as I entered. The carpet undulated over the concrete. The bed sheets and covers didn't fit, and the pillows were whisper thin.

Then, the real bad part. Between the 3/4" - 1" gap under the door, the rattling of the door in the frame, and the way the concrete walkway reverberated as folks came and when all night, it was very loud all night.

Second worse place I've stayed in my life!

Room Tip: For almost no more money, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We are happy that you found our staff to so friendly and efficient. I can assure you that I will check the room that you were in for issues you mentioned. For future reference please call the front desk if you have any issues with your room, we would be more than happy to fix any problems. Thank you again and we hope you come back and see our newly remodeled rooms in a few months.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked my room for a week as it was a package deal. The walls between the rooms are very flimsy and you can hear your neighbors especially if someone is above you it sounds like a herd of cattle. I had to turn the fan on just to try to block ou the noise. Housekeeping was poor as the firt two nights I did not even receive any wash clothes. The last two nights I had to use toilet paper to blow my nose as they left no tissues. They never vacuumed the rug while I was there. Front desk people were very friendly. If it was not for the noise factor I would recommend it but I could not get a good night's sleep at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your visit. I apologize that your neighbors were not considerate and made too much noise. Our front desk staff is as helpful as they are friendly: for future reference please call the front desk and we would be happy to speak with the other guests. I can assure you that I will look into the items mentioned regarding housekeeping

Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Vegas F, General Manager at Howard Johnson on East Tropicana, Las Vegas Near the Strip, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014