“Small corner of Luxury and Relaxation among the Craziness of LV”

Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace
Ranked #16 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is tucked away in the corner, which allows for privacy and personalized attention. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. All rooms were very high tech, with steam rooms in the bath and large Jacuzzi. Comfortable bed and spacious layout made the room feel airy. Cannot go wrong with Nobu room service! Would warn that the tasting menu is large and I nearly had to be rolled out of the restaurant. It was very refreshing to see people paying attention to details and making sure everything works smooth. Full access to Ceasar's spa and pools, which are fantastic! Cannot wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank marinanyfedd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 17 June 2013

During our early June trip to Vegas, we stayed at two properties: first, 6 nights at Aria and then 3 nights at Nobu Hotel. Our stay at Aria (see separate review posted) was so enjoyable that this heightened our disappointment with our experience at Nobu Hotel. Let me say first that we have always enjoyed our experiences at Nobu restaurants over the world (L.A., London, New Yorke, etc), so we expected that the Nobu hotel would be of a high standard. Unfortunately, it wasn't: as other reviewers have noted, it is incomprehensible that Nobu chose such an old Caesars tower as a location for their hotel. The refurbishment isn't up to scratch: although the Asian mimimalist decor is quite pretty, it doesn't hide that the hotel rooms and corridors are quite outdated, and are by no means as luxurious and comfortable as the hotels which I assume they wish to compete with (Wynn/Encore/Bellagio/Aria/Venetian/Palazzo). One major issue was the air conditioning - and since it was nearly 110° during our stay, this was very relevant: at Aria, the airco was silent and very comfortable. At Nobu, during our first night, I was unable to sleep due to the constant noise and uncomfortable temperature: surely, in the Vegas desert, in a luxury hotel, this is an issue that should have been fully addressed! Also, there were some design issues: the shower didn't close properly and water kept overflowing onto the bathroom floor. Although the bathroom was large, a separate bathtub - which is a standard in most Vegas luxury hotels - was sadly lacking. The view was also very disappointing: we were on the 74th floor and could see some of the "Eiffel tower" but you get none of the fabulous strip views that we were hoping for. Pros, as some other reviewers have noted: the bed is very comfortable and there's a nice big TV. The bell service was efficient and very friendly, as was the lady from housekeeping. Check-in wasn't as good: the lady at the front desk seemed quite stressed, and this didn't convey the kind of calming welcome that the property seems to promise. Also, this property has no real lobby, as others have noted, so the area around the check-in/out desk can get uncomfortably crowded. Finally, there is a very unpleasant aroma around this area: I assume it's used to mask the smoke of the Caesars casino nearby, but we would advise to change to a more neutral, fresh smell. All in all, we won't be back, and I sincerely hope that the Nobu hotels that are planned in the future will be of a higher quality, because this property felt a bit like a Vegas rip-off.

3  Thank buster75
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was welcomed by Cree at check in and within seconds she was walking me up to my room and explaining the high tech facilities along the way. Your room card is a ving and also enables the elevator with proximity. All of the furniture is elegant and things are this way to the smallest detail. The beds are very comfortable and it has the feel of a nice apartment in Japan. They used an Asian style and it was very peaceful..

The turn down service is very nice, my suite had a wonderful tub in the bathroom and one of the high tech toilets you will find everywhere in Asia. The shower has a Steam Feature that I always enjoy and find wonderfully refreshing.

The view seems to be bad in this tower or definitely in my room. 7506
All I could see was the top of the Caesar's Casino building or the side of a wall they had painted a mountain on. A good view is important to me but in all honestly I hadn't asked since I had never been given a bad one before.

I also had dinner in the Nobu Restaurant but I'll leave a separate review on that experience.

To be very fair here.. I had just left The Palazzo Suites at Rio and so far it's been impossible to compare with the luxury there. You can see my reviews on it if you're interested.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Rmbln_Man
Reviewed 16 June 2013

As others have said:

Upside:
1. Beautiful, spacious bathrooms with nice amenities.
2. Soft, comfortable bed (if you like soft beds, which I do).
3. Giant HD TV.

Downside:
1. You're required to add $25 "Resort fee" to each night's cost, so figure that in.
2. No desk in the room.
3. No common area that's part of the hotel, like a lobby or bar. (But you do have all of Caesar's, including the shops and restaurants.)

I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 13 June 2013

As you can see from my reviews, I am a fan of Vegas. This, by far, is the best accommodations we have ever had in the Caesar’s collection. The hotel has a different "feel" from the other offerings.
Let's start with the check in. We arrived at the valet and asked about the location of the hotel. We were given some poor directions, but were able to find "Nobu Way", which led us to the hotel. The lobby is basically an elevator foyer, with two computer terminals at one end. We were traveling on a promotion and the agent was clueless about the details. (We arrived after midnight). He asked us to inquire in the morning. He was exceptionally nice though. Rough start, but then it got better!
We proceeded to the elevators that have a really cool touchpad that is activated by smart keys. We went down the hall and immediately got the feeling that we had been transported away from Vegas. There was a quiet calm about the space. In fact, we never saw another guest in the hallway our entire stay. There were also none of the normal interruptions from partiers returning to the rooms at all hours during our stay. The secure elevators seem to do the trick on keeping unwanted visitors out.
Back to the arrival… Minutes after checking in, there was a knock on the door. The room service had cold Japanese tea and rice cakes, explaining that it was just what was needed after a long trip. He was right, Great touch!
Then we got to explore the room. The room had a modern, Japanese sophistication to it. It was accented with rich wood furnishings, interesting wool carpets and super comfortable beds. There were two sets his and her robes and slippers, even electronic connectors in the drawer, just in case you forgot your charger. There is a 55” LCD TV, again surrounded by beautiful wood. The bathroom was huge. I really liked the wood stool inside the shower and the mitt for washing. The basin was modern and large. The amenities were top notch.
The hotel has incredible food offerings from Nobu located below. The entire experience makes you feel as though you are removed from Caesar’s, which of course, is a city within itself. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip.
The hotel seems to be going for the 5 star category. They came pretty close. Definitely hit the modern, upscale experience.

3  Thank hotelman29
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The best accommodations we've had in decades of traveling. The beds and bed linens are simply luxurious and as nice (or nicer) than the best Ritz-Carlton. We had no clue we were staying in a casino until we stepped off the elevator, and as soon as the elevator door closes you are transported to a retreat that is divine. I had some concerns in booking Nobu from some reviews I read and the recent opening of the hotel, but the hesitation was unfounded. We would stay at Nobu in a heartbeat on any future trips to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: We had a room on a higher floor (80) and there was absolutely no noise.
2  Thank foodie2121
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Nobu is the "zen oasis" within the heart of Caesars. With a warm receptive welcome your stay will be memorable. The zen appointed rooms and amenities are wonderful with complimentary access to the Venus Pool, Caesars Fitness Center as well as Priority seating at Nobu Restaurant and PURE. My only hesitation to give it more than a score of 4 was the lack of a quiet Nobu patron driven breakfast, bar and lounge area which would further cushion Caesars from Nobu, much the like the lobby entrance to The Hotel and The Mandalay Bay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends