“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages
Ranked #34 of 222 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock of Ages, the "insanely fun" (Time Out New York) worldwide smash hit musical featuring a raucous mix of 28 eyebrow-scorching tunes, is now rocking nightly at The Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Rock of Ages takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair! This hilarious, feel-good love story celebrates the great rock songs of the '80s including such sing-out-loud songs as "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "I Wanna Know What Love Is", "Here I Go Again", "Don't Stop Believin'", and more. Parental Advisory Rock of Ages is all about having a good time but you should be aware that some of the costumes, dancing and language might not be appropriate for kids under the age of 14 (kids under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult). Remember, if you do bring them, they'll get to see you rockin' like you did back in the day! AGE LIMIT Under 14 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult Under 5 Will Not Be Admitted Into The Theatre
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was really looking forward to this based on the reviews. However, lead female singer was awful -screech, screech, don't know how she managed to get the role - the male leader singer was good.

Also difficult to hear - only got about 50% off it (no i'm not deaf lol). This is my first negative review -so judge for yourself.

Would not recommend. Go see the Book of Mormons instead - really funny.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Celtic1759

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Only the second show in 6 visits to Vegas I have been disappointed with (other being Zumanity). I was in the mood having been to the Grand Lux and had a great meal and a few glasses of wine and had a good seat so the scene was set. Basically, after about 10 minutes in, you could get the ending and it was just a few reasonable songs and there was no connection between the audience and the VERY small company (can’t be more than 15 in the whole show?) . I left at the interval alongside many who walked out into the Casino to seek out some fun… Later in the week I paid $29 to see the Legends show in Planet Hollywood which was 10 times the fun for a fraction of the cost. Despite the many rave reviews this gets – I could not recommend it in the slightest.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank DBGvegas
Nottingham, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“some good performances”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having loved the film I was keen to see the stage show and recommended it to the other s in my group.
I was slightly embarrased to have recommended this as it was a lot raunchier than the film.
I would not recommend you take your kids,as i did,no matter how old!
Arsenal were good and the characters played their parts well,just did not quite do it for me.

Visited June 2014
Laconia, New Hampshire
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great fun but a bit raunchier than the movie version!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was one of the shows the hubby and I definitely wanted to go see while in Vegas because 80's music rocks (of course) and we both like the movie version. Because movies are always different than stage versions I didn't expect the same exact storyline but I also didn't expect it to be quite as raunchy as it was but it was fine for us... I just wouldn't take any kids to see it! The drinks are overpriced of course and I wanted a "Rock of Ages" souvenir cup so that with the Fuji water was $10! I didn't necessarily want the Fuji water but it was only a couple of dollars more than just the plain cup so that is what I got! Anyway... we enjoyed the show and I would tell adults to go see it but there are so many shows in Vegas not sure we would go again!

Visited May 2014
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great music throughout, this rock festivity is superb. Very good performers throughout and very humerus also, but you come for the music and you aren't disappointed. All your favorite rock songs and topped off with Don't Stop Believing!

Visited June 2014