“Very Good Italian Food”

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo & Jones
Description: Gino and Nora opened Nora’s Cuisine in 1991 with a modest seating capacity of 12. Over the years the restaurant has expanded and is now one of Las Vegas’  longest standing Italian restaurants, serving locals and guests from around the world. With over 70+ classic Italian dishes, our menu is sure to satisfy all of your Italian cravings. Our recipes have been through the test of time and you are sure to find something you will enjoy. For years we have also been creating some of the best cocktails in Las Vegas. With fresh ingredients and and intense attention to detail we have become one of the premier cocktail bars in Las Vegas. Overall, Nora’s captures the essence of the immigrant founded Italian restaurants of the 20th century, in an updated comfortable setting. Family owned and operated with integrity and love. We are passionate about flavorful food, authentic wine and quality service.
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Off the strip location on West Flamingo. Really enjoyed the meal here. It was tasty and fresh. Salad was very good as well. We did feel a bit rushed and likely due to the fact that the place was busy and there were people waiting to be seated. Otherwise it was a very nice evening.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Returned to Nora's after 4 months at home
Food awesome couldn't manage it all
Excellent all round will always go there when in vegas
At 5 00 pm as we went in they were dubious whether they had a table!!
By 6 15 when we left it was full
That says it all about this family run restaurant!

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Off the strip, been there fir years and years and after you eat here you see why. Authentic Italian (home cooked) food. Very friendly atmosphere between customers and family who own the place. Be sure to make reservations for evening meals and you may still have a short wait, It is not a grab and go restaurant, you sit, enjoy your meal and the comraderie.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I really want to give this restaurant a good review. I believe in supporting independent establishments in a town full of chains and tourist venues. I have personally recommended it to friends several times in the past...and if I was writing this in the past, I would be giving 5 stars...unfortunately, our last two visits here have been less than good. I went with a friend for a birthday celebration dinner last night. Neither of us wanted to make any sort of fuss that might "spoil" the evening - so, we kept quiet for the most part. After dinner we both confessed that the experience was not very good and we probably should have said something.
We started off with two salads -- both had gritty greens. We looked forward to the garlic bread - as it has been quite good in the past. Unfortunately, this time the garlic was overly bitter and unpleasant. The chicken in the Chicken Parmesan was barely warm and dry and only "saved" by the heat of the pasta and tomato sauce. The Veal Chop Parmesan special was cut so thin that it was completely overwhelmed by the breading, sauce & cheese. The only evidence that it actually was veal was that it was served on the bone. I usually get the tomato sauce - which has been very good -- but decided to try the meat sauce instead. The dish had obviously sat for a bit before being served - the noodles were stuck in a lukewarm clump -- and the sauce had an unappetizing unusual "meat" flavor. I am not sure what it was, but it was not to my taste. I took 5 bites of the veal and 4 of the pasta and just stopped eating. Fifteen minutes into our meal a server came by and did not ask how the food was -- but, asked if he could box it up for me and remove my plate. I said that I would prefer to wait until we both finished before he cleaned up -- which obviously annoyed him. Dishes had been whisked off the table - up to that point - so quickly that it felt like they were afraid we would steal them. Our bread plates were taken without comment - even though the basket was still more than half full. Salad plates were treated in the same manner. No "are you finished.." or "may I remove that for you" .... At the end of our meal the waitress noticed that I had not eaten my dinner. She asked if I liked the special and I did say "no." She hemmed and hawed a bit -- obviously a bit surprised -- and just said..."would you like..." without really going any further... I said not to bother about anything since we had finished. I am not sure what she would have offered at that point. I asked for the veal to be boxed to go. I wanted to deconstruct it at home and see how it was done. I was very surprised to open the box and find that the meat had been cut from the bone - for me... I may be being a bit overly sensitive -- but, altering leftovers - without asking - is off putting...

2  Thank Bibliocook
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Wow! Our entire party was very impressed with the service, the food, the environment of this restaurant. We wanted and got a delicious meal for our daughter's wedding party. The food arrived at well-trimed intervals so that we could enjoy each entree without feeling rushed, wait staff was very attentive and helpful with our requests but not hovering. The guests remarked throughout the meal how delicious everything tasted. We were even able to make a few modifications to the pre-set dinner menus to accommodate some favorites in place of the listed choices. The antipasto salad, fettucine alfredo and rigatoni were among the best dishes. Wine selection was impressive as well.

Been to Nora's Cuisine? Share your experiences!