“Very Good Italian - But, Not the best in Las Vegas”
Review of Nora's Cuisine

Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Flamingo & Jones
Description: Gino and Nora opened Nora’s Cuisine in 1991 with a modest seating capacity of 12. Over the years the restaurant has expanded and is now one of Las Vegas’  longest standing Italian restaurants, serving locals and guests from around the world. With over 70+ classic Italian dishes, our menu is sure to satisfy all of your Italian cravings. Our recipes have been through the test of time and you are sure to find something you will enjoy. For years we have also been creating some of the best cocktails in Las Vegas. With fresh ingredients and and intense attention to detail we have become one of the premier cocktail bars in Las Vegas. Overall, Nora’s captures the essence of the immigrant founded Italian restaurants of the 20th century, in an updated comfortable setting. Family owned and operated with integrity and love. We are passionate about flavorful food, authentic wine and quality service.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We dined here on April 12, 2014. It is located in a strip mall center at 6020 W. Flamingo Road near Jones Blvd. (located behind Arby's). They have two store fronts.

My Fiancée likes this type of Italian cooking but, I am not a big fan of this style Italian.
She ordered a glass of Flonari Chianti ($8.50/glass) to start and they served us a basket of Garlic Bread (1st Free). I asked for plain Italian bread and my fiancée agreed, it was better than the Garlic Bread served.

We started with a small House Italian Salad (large enough for 2) ($7.95) - Very good.

My fiancée ordered the Spaghetti Carbonara with added peas ($13.45) and I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana (breaded and fried) with Rigatoni and Meat Sauce ($15.05). We also ordered two dishes to-go. Spaghetti with meat sauce add 2 extra meatballs ($14.05) and Rigatoni Special (pieces of sausage and meatballs with onion and peppers) ($12.95).

My fiancée didn't care for the spaghetti pasta served with her Carbonara. My Chicken Parmigiana breading was seasoned with something I didn't care for. They did serve 3 pieces of chicken with my dish. You can also have the Chicken Parmigiana without breading, if you like yours that way.

Total Check was $86.97, with taking two complete dishes home. I also took home some of my Chicken Parmigiana and left over Spaghetti Carbonara.

Rates a Return: Not really. I would take a pass and pick another place like the "Bootlegger Italian Bistro". I like their Italian and Garlic Knots much better.

1  Thank Engineer_Lou

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Definitely worth a visit if you're in Vegas. You might be lucky if there's only two - they have walk-in tables; otherwise, make a reservation.

Very reasonable - $10.50 for spaghetti with meat sauce or meat balls.

Regular anitpasto for $9.25 will feed two.

I really liked the food. Service was great.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had the spinach salad which was absolutely tasty! Warm, garlicy bread and great ambiance. The service was excellent! True Italian style. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

OMG the white pizza is the BOMB! they have a good selection of salads and main dishes but the one that sticks is the white pizza! great local whole in a wall place. For parties of four I would suggest to call for a reservation. Great wait staff!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A mere 10 minutes from the Strip, nestled in a small strip mall behind the Arby's on Flamingo, you will find Italian food that easily matches or surpasses what you'll find among the countless casinos. And, you'll save enough $$ to have dinner again the next evening for what you would have paid for one meal on the Strip. Nora's is not for the timid appetite. In this smallish, casual family setting you'll receive generous portions of rich, full flavor pastas will more than fill even the most voracious appetite. We enjoyed gnocchi and the baked penne pasta. Both were hearty, bold, rich and ...fantastic.

Been to Nora's Cuisine? Share your experiences!