“Perhaps the best steak I've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Steak House

The Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,767 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sahara
Description: The Steak House has recently been named Top Las Vegas Steak House by Zagat. The Steak House has been thrilling diners with it's top grade meats served by a friendly, gracious staff for over 34 years. The Steak House also features a glass enclosed dry aging locker. Top grade Midwestern beef is aged for 21 days at 37 degrees Fahrenheit & 67 percent relative humidity. This process tenderizes the meat & gives it a distinct flavor, which is further enhanced by preparing the beef over an open-hearth mesquite charcoal broiler. Once inside the dining room, you will feel right at home. Rural-themed paintings adorn the green walls. The room is rich with dark woods, diamond tufted red leather booths, creating a cozy den-like ambience. Dinners include fresh baked breads, choice of our famous black bean soup or house salad plus a Chef's fresh vegetable & choice of garlic mashed potato, baked potato, or wild rice blend.
Oslo, Norway
“Perhaps the best steak I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great food. Great service. Great place. I've tried a fair share of (Las Vegas) restaurants, including high end ones, and the ones with TV-chef names attatched to them. None of them come close to the quality of this place. The prices were slightly higher than you'd get at a normal every day restaurant, but with the quality of the whole experience still made it great value. I will definitely return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Finn Jarle K

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Wow!! Best steakhouse in Vegas?!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This meal was by far my favorite I've ever had in Vegas, and maybe ever. The steak was awesome, the service was amazing, and the smell of the grill was indescribable. For this place to be in the middle of (IMO) the worst casino on the strip speaks to just how good this steakhouse is. The minute you step inside you forget your in the dirty, child filled madhouse that is Circus Circus.

2 Thank Alan454
Staunton, Illinois
“A Throwback to the great steakhouses.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the classic red leather booths and the low lighting The Steakhouse is a tribute to the way a steakhouse used to be. When you walk in you can see the steaks aging and as you enter the dining room you can see and smell your steak cooking over a mesquite grill. The menu is small, but it is packed with enough steaks of all sizes and varieties to satisfy any foodie. We started with the shrimp cocktail appetizer and the shrimp had to be the largest and most flavorful I have ever come across in a cocktail before. Besides being served with regular cocktail sauce there was also a hot mayonnaise sauce on the side and it was delicious. My husband had the New York strip and I had the small filet. They were fork tender and extremely flavorful. I loved the Béarnaise sauce served on the side of my steak. To start the meal we each had a delicious salad and when our steak came we had a great baked potato served with sour cream, butter, real bacon, and real chopped chives served on the side. The salad and potato were included in the price of the steak, which is truly a rarity at steakhouses in Vegas today.
And I must say the service was impeccable. I believe our servers name was Rich, and I must say he paced our meal exactly right. First, we had cocktails and appetizers and when we were finished with that, we then received our salads. I believe our waiter put in our steak order after we had started to eat our salads, so we had time to eat in comfort and not rush.
When were finished eating the waiter came over with a dessert cart that had so many tempting choices. We finally settled on the restaurant's take on Bananas Foster which was great.
I plan on returning to Vegas and I will certainly return to this restaurant.
P.S. I had a great dirty vodka martini before dinner and an excellent glass of MacMurray Pinot Noir with my steak. The wine was as smooth as silk. While I only indulged in a glass of wine, the bottle wine list looked extensive.
Don't be fooled by the Circus Circus environment this steak house is as good as if it sat in New York City.

4 Thank Karen5879
merseyside
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We booked to come here after reading reviews on trip advisor! We certainly were not disappointed! We certainly do not get steak like this in the UK! It just melted in our mouths and the garlic mash was delicious! Service was great and refill on soft drinks kept the price down!
Sadly we were unable to eat any more so we had to give desert a miss, which was a real Shame as it looked fab too!!

1 Thank claireb1981
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“The Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Don't let the location (Circus-Circus) fool you. This is an old fashioned, serious steakhouse. Great ambiance and service was great! So if you like a good steak you would enjoy The Steakhouse.

• 3 of 5 bubbles