“Good food poor service”

Neighbourhood: The Strip
Huntington Beach, California
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Ate here a few days ago. Nice ambiance and decor. The restaurant was not real crowded but I found the service very slow. My wife ordered a glass of wine he brings a glass to her and my sister, but my sister didn't order it. The waiter focused on Americanized items and seemed floored when I ordered the non American main dishes and desserts. I am no spring chicken and have been around the world... Furthermore I was never offered another drink after my first one, the waiter came by once after our food was served (runner brought it) and it was to show the dessert cart.
All in all good food marred by poor service. Would I go back? Not sure.

• Visited July 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Pricey but nice food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Food was authentic Hong Kong style and fresh. Not a huge amount of choice but the basic menu is good. Portions are huge. The cocktails are great too!

Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Suprisingly expensive for a quick bite”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stopped by when we flew in for a quick bite to eat. God two pieces of pizza and two drinks for $30.00. Could have went to Trevi for cheaper !! Was okay in a push but I dont think I would ever head back.

Visited June 2013
“Will return!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I am surprised at the comments on the service. I guess I was lucky because our server was very polite and attentive. I went there with my mom for her birthday and we both pleased with our dining experience. I had the lobster cantonese and she had the fillet mignon, We found our dishes to be fresh and tasty. And if we knew how much food there was we won't have started with an appetizer. Yes, it was expensive but I am unable to find this lobster dish in my new hometown so it was a special treat. I will, without a doubt, go right back to Empress Court on my next visit. Just hoping to get the same experience and not the bad ones folks are writing about.

• Visited July 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bland!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

First the pros - our service was good and the atmosphere is nice.

Then the cons - the food, the value. For the price, this food should be really special. It's really not! Incredibly bland and tasteless!

There are definitely better Asian restaurants all over Vegas!!

Visited April 2013